Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape is DEAD, well done jagex

13»

Comments

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by ProbablyBest

Runescape... sucks.
    Seriously, i say this as somebody that has played it for quite a while as a non-member.
    Ok, so i got all the quests done, i got all the abilities to a point where you'd have to be a really buggin grinder, and i got rune full etc etc...
    what now?
    All that was left is to kicks people's butts in wildly, but no, jagex were not thinking too straight and they ruined that too.
    just don't play it, people.

Amen to that. They put an end to a never ending game?! How messedup is that? The ironic thing is that back before the crummy updates everybody wanted to level up all the way to go to the wildy and own. Now there is no real point in leveling up, but I will admit that I have been playing lately because I'm insanly bored with nothing to do so I may as well waste my time with this game.

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771
    Originally posted by liner60

This, my friends is a rant about runescape.
    i knew runescape was going downhill when they decided to allow f2p's to fight in the duel arena.
    now, when i was a noob, i used to look at that duel arena ALL the time and i would wish like nothing else that i could go in there. of course, i became a member then and saw how crummy it was. i bet there are a load of noobs who used to look into that duel arena and become a member just to take a look, so they have lost a lot of cash as well. then pking was banned. .............
    then i thought, wow these guys are ruining their OWN game. usually people quit because they were hacked or pked to a point were they lost EVERYTHING. i used to love going into the wildy and completely screwing someones day, its what made runescape unique, then they got rid of trading over 3k for f2p's. i thought that was sooooo stupid, i quit. i researched into a runescape website just before i quit, but they had scrapped the website because 18,000 of their users had quit! 18,000 on 1 runescape fansite. there are HUNDREDS of those all over the place, i bet runescape has lost 30,000+
    well done jagex.......you've screwed the 3rd most popular game in the world

I am glad you quit, I believe many people in the game are glad to hear that too.  I am sure the game developers are throwing out a party with your departure.

• ProbablyBestProbablyBest Member Posts: 10

I am glad you quit, I believe many people in the game are glad to hear that too.  I am sure the game developers are throwing out a party with your departure.

Actually, I do believe Jagex were fond of people like him before the wildly update, since it was a big problem for real money traders, which was the reason Jagex ruined the wildly.

Whilst i agree it's quite annoying to the victim, it's actually quite fun repititively killing somebody, but the chances of that happening are very small, since he can easily change a world...

Anyhow, nowadays you can't just go out and kill random people in the wild, which made me quit. So throw a party over me too if you feel like it, and the other 30k that quit since the update.

Randon person says: "Ok guys, now that we've finished lets go have some ice cream."

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

There was a lot more than 30k players that quit because oif their  poor decsion making and bad updates.

• Jordan23tJordan23t Member Posts: 6

Runescape... sucks.
    Seriously, i say this as somebody that has played it for quite a while as a non-member.
    Ok, so i got all the quests done, i got all the abilities to a point where you'd have to be a really buggin grinder, and i got rune full etc etc...
    what now?
    All that was left is to kicks people's butts in wildly, but no, jagex were not thinking too straight and they ruined that too.

Used wildy to make cash... you can still make cash!!!  LOOK...

MEMBERS-

Green Dragons (Melee)

-----------

Req.: 90 Combat, Antifire shield, Games necklace, Food

Steps to follow:

1)Teleport to Clan Wars and walk east until reaching the Green Dragons.

2)Kill the green dragons and pick up their hides and bones.

3)When your inventory is full, tele to Bounty Hunter and bank.

Profit/Exp. per Hr.: 200-300k +20-25k Exp.

Abyssal Demon

-----------

Slayer Level: 85

Recommended Armor: Melee

Notes: Can tele a few squares so if you need to run do before your 1/4 of the way dead.

Profit per hour: 350-450k (without whip)

FREE PLAYERS-

Cockroaches

-----------

Requirements: 90 Combat, Dragonhide armor, Food, Varrock Tele tabs, Charged glory, Ring of wealth, 100-200 Nature runes, Fire staff, access to cockroach area.

Tips and Tricks: Kill the high-leveled Alch anything that alchs for over 500 coins. Not Rune Items!

They drop rune squares, rune scimitars, and other good items.

Profit per hour: 150-250k

Ankous

----------

Req.: 90+ Combat + Armor + Wep. + Food

Levels: 76, 82, and 86.

Tips and Tricks: Find an empty world when looking for profit. Sometimes it gets pretty crowded. A Salve amulet (e) is recommended b/c they are undead.

Profit/Exp. per Hr. : 150-200k + 40-50k Exp.

Flesh Crawlers

----------

Req.: 70 Combat

Tips and Tricks: Kill them, pick up all runes, coins, gems, and herbs (nothing below Harralander). Bank in Edge and repeat. Note: Might want a few bits of food.

Profit/Exp. per Hr.: 200-250k + 25-30k Exp

??ˆ??˜“°'*ªºª*'°”`˜`ˆ??ˆ??˜“°'*ªºª*'°”`˜`ˆ??ˆ??˜“°'*ªºª*'°”`˜`ˆ?

• ProbablyBestProbablyBest Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Jordan23t

MEMBERS- 

I have a few remarks:

1. I was actually originaly talking about non-members. Not that it matters, though, because when it comes down to wildly it's ruined there as well.

2. You are clearly missing my point in the previous post. The question is not "How should I make money?", it's rather "Why should I make money?" or more generally "Why should I play runescape any longer after the Wildly update?".

I don't see anything I can do with this so 'easily made' money that you spoke of.

3. The tone of your post shows clearly the desperation of members who are still playing the game to get everybody back. I have a question for those guys: Seriously, how long do you have to wait?

There has been a mass leaving of people, both members and non-members, since the wildly update. Javex are lying in their stats to make people believe that everything is ok.

Why are you still hanging on desperately? Just quit, and go find a better game. One that has better graphics maybe, one that has a better PVP arena, or maybe just stop playing multiplayer games for a while. You will understand where you where once you do.

Thank you and have a good day. One without runescape, please.

Randon person says: "Ok guys, now that we've finished lets go have some ice cream."

• exel134exel134 Member Posts: 41

yes,most of those accounts are not active,about 40% in the best are active while the other 60% are the mature people that have chosen to quit because the way jagex decided to get rid of RWTing and the beta for runescape high detail was for members,it was a beta,it is now out for free players too,but yuou'd have to pay 80$ for the requirements (the graphics card is 80$ where i live so i just put that) after the update ive seen about 500 more players in runescape,still isnt very good most players ive seen after that was 205k players but before that and before the wild update most ive seen was 230k,and about the 130 million accounts made most are people with more than one account im sure

hmmmm

Originally posted by exel134

yes,most of those accounts are not active,about 40% in the best are active while the other 60% are the mature people that have chosen to quit because the way jagex decided to get rid of RWTing and the beta for runescape high detail was for members,it was a beta,it is now out for free players too,but yuou'd have to pay 80$ for the requirements (the graphics card is 80$ where i live so i just put that) after the update ive seen about 500 more players in runescape,still isnt very good most players ive seen after that was 205k players but before that and before the wild update most ive seen was 230k,and about the 130 million accounts made most are people with more than one account im sure

RS lost more than 25k people. And your right, some of the 130 million accounts that were created were for one person, but that would also prove how popular the game used to be. If people actually took time to make more than one account than the game must have been fun for them don't you think? It makes no sense that you would actually take time to make more than one account if you didn't like the game. Now jagex ruined all of that in a few  "updates".

• dafuzzledafuzzle Member Posts: 160

Who are you Jordan?  You joined 2 days ago and all you have done is try ot make it seem like everything is fine, when it clearly is not.  And you have posted the same moneymaking post in threads to try and make it seem like there are ways to make money, but the truth is, even if you can make money like that, there's no need to have it since without the wildy you don't have to keep buying your guy gear and theres no need to have gear since theres no wildy.  nuff' said.

Originally posted by dafuzzle

Who are you Jordan?  You joined 2 days ago and all you have done is try ot make it seem like everything is fine, when it clearly is not.  And you have posted the same moneymaking post in threads to try and make it seem like there are ways to make money, but the truth is, even if you can make money like that, there's no need to have it since without the wildy you don't have to keep buying your guy gear and theres no need to have gear since theres no wildy.  nuff' said.

i agree,most people buying stuff from woodcutting mining smithing etc. are people who either like to waste their money,need it just for a 99 skill,smithing mining crafting fletching fishing cooking herblore etc. demands are about 20% of what they used to be wich made most skillers,merhanters,and others quit

hmmmm

Originally posted by Jordan23t

Runescape... sucks.
    what now?

MEMBERS-

Green Dragons (Melee)

-----------

Req.: 90 Combat, Antifire shield, Games necklace, Food

Steps to follow:

1)Teleport to Clan Wars and walk east until reaching the Green Dragons.

2)Kill the green dragons and pick up their hides and bones.

3)When your inventory is full, tele to Bounty Hunter and bank.

Profit/Exp. per Hr.: 200-300k +20-25k Exp.

Abyssal Demon

-----------

Slayer Level: 85

Recommended Armor: Melee

Notes: Can tele a few squares so if you need to run do before your 1/4 of the way dead.

Profit per hour: 350-450k (without whip)

FREE PLAYERS-

Cockroaches

-----------

Requirements: 90 Combat, Dragonhide armor, Food, Varrock Tele tabs, Charged glory, Ring of wealth, 100-200 Nature runes, Fire staff, access to cockroach area.

Tips and Tricks: Kill the high-leveled Alch anything that alchs for over 500 coins. Not Rune Items!

They drop rune squares, rune scimitars, and other good items.

Profit per hour: 150-250k

Ankous

----------

Req.: 90+ Combat + Armor + Wep. + Food

Levels: 76, 82, and 86.

Tips and Tricks: Find an empty world when looking for profit. Sometimes it gets pretty crowded. A Salve amulet (e) is recommended b/c they are undead.

Profit/Exp. per Hr. : 150-200k + 40-50k Exp.

Flesh Crawlers

----------

Req.: 70 Combat

Tips and Tricks: Kill them, pick up all runes, coins, gems, and herbs (nothing below Harralander). Bank in Edge and repeat. Note: Might want a few bits of food.

Profit/Exp. per Hr.: 200-250k + 25-30k Exp

worst part about wild now is the revenants wich also kind of ruined runescape more than 35k people quit this is my guess how it is broke down

pkers=15k or more i'd bet more

merchanters=10k

skillers=10k

reasons

trade update

no reason to level up

harder to get money

revenants

as you can see most of it is because wild

and many more i cant think of ,feel free to correct,help,or whatever on this post i'd tottally agree...depends

jagex sacrificed so much,they were cocky and thinking it would make runescape better but it failed and they probably do not want to admit it

i know they probably anticipated quiters,but then again if they'd known so many players were going to quit i guess they wouldve never done it,but i guess they were desperate also

hmmmm

here is my opinion

jagex used these updates to make runescape more for kids but the older players didnt accept that,most quit while SOME(im not saying all thats left) would rather stay and make fun of the little kids playing,the crap community is ruining runescape (and the updates) but jagex dont seem to be aware of that,most moderaters were friendly but their mod status has made them power crazy,high levels use noob accounts to insult and make fun of new players wich makes parents not want any of their kids to play the game

this is my opinion

hmmmm

here is my opinion

jagex used these updates to make runescape more for kids but the older players didnt accept that,most quit while SOME(im not saying all thats left) would rather stay and make fun of the little kids playing,the crap community is ruining runescape (and the updates) but jagex dont seem to be aware of that,most moderaters were friendly but their mod status has made them power crazy,high levels use noob accounts to insult and make fun of new players wich makes parents not want any of their kids to play the game

this is my opinion

Maybe some of the newer updates are meant to make it more kid friendly, but the updates that made most of the mature people quit that actually played the game were the RWT updates that took away wildy and free trade.  Then add on top the the joke pk mini-games they tried to put in to make it better, people just lost all hope then.  And I estimate about 60,000 people left.

• matrixvsmatrixvs Member Posts: 179

took long enuff for this shitty game to die..

its ugly.. plays too slow.. and nothing new since like what 1990?

Well it was fun to play when there was wildy because people just loved going in the wildy with a group of people and goin on a rampage.  But still even then the community wasn't great but compared to the community the community back then was pretty good.

here is my opinion

this is my opinion

Maybe some of the newer updates are meant to make it more kid friendly, but the updates that made most of the mature people quit that actually played the game were the RWT updates that took away wildy and free trade.  Then add on top the the joke pk mini-games they tried to put in to make it better, people just lost all hope then.  And I estimate about 60,000 people left.

Actually these updates are intertwined. See, they took all the risk out of the game and making it kid friendly at the same time. Like taking the wildy out of the game,they took it because of RWT and because of whiny kids losing everything and complaining.
  • mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by amesco

here is my opinion

this is my opinion

Actually these updates are intertwined. See, they took all the risk out of the game and making it kid friendly at the same time. Like taking the wildy out of the game,they took it because of RWT and because of whiny kids losing everything and complaining.

I never believed that these updates were meant for kids.  It was just Jagex's knee-jerk reaction to RWT and then they piled some poor updates on top of that.

They easily lost more people from the updates than they would have from kids complaining about losing their items in the wilderness.  I would also be willing to bet that over this year they HAVE lost over 100k members. 

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

Well I think that some of the updates were for little kids. The lumbridge updates for sure were for little kids. The lumbridge tutors, the lumbridge achievement diary, the stronghold of player safety, the stronghold of security, the wilderness ditch, and the new childish graphics were probably all for the little kids and new players. But the majority of the updates were to get rid of RWT. The removal of  wilderness however could be controversial. I see how it does reduce RWT but I think Jagex wanted to make the game more kid-friendly with the that update as well. The grand exchange, trading and staking limits were probably also meant to stop RWT as well as make the game more kid friendly. Even one of the jagex staff said on the forums that they wanted to make the game more fun for newer players so some of these updates were meant to attract newer younger players.

i dont understand,what does the wild have to do with RWTing?

hmmmm

Real world traders would go in there and drop trade. Even Jagex said so. Then Jagex cut down the space in the wildy. Then, they completly took it away without asking anyone.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Originally posted by amesco

Real world traders would go in there and drop trade. Even Jagex said so. Then Jagex cut down the space in the wildy. Then, they completly took it away without asking anyone.

Actually that wasn't what they were worried about since  the trade limit and drop trading limit they would not have to removed wilderness for that. What they were concerend about was people going into wilderness getting skulled then having the buyer kill them and take the $ or items that way.  Though all of these were NOT needed in order to  prevent RMT. There were many other options they could have chosen instead of ruining the  game. They just chose the worst way to fix the problem rather than the solutions that did not affect gameplay.