Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free?

gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477
Wait... on the back of PC gamer an ad for Guild Wars said it was free. Is this a good free MMORPG? I think Im in love image

FFXI- Quit after 10 months
Ultima Online- Quit after 25 months
Ragnarok Online- Quit after a week

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Comments

• GyzmokGyzmok Member Posts: 33

You "ll have to buy the game first. 

But there is no monthly fee. : http://www.guildwars.com/faq/default.html

This game is really very good ! image

You can try it out from 29 - 31 october : the world preview event image

http://www.guildwars.com/preview/default.html

• RaikuRaiku Member Posts: 37

Oh Yes for a MMO, Free is rare.
    And this game is providing it.
    Which means Free Fun, Nice Graphics.

Almost like Diablo, But Better!

• unaydonunaydon Member Posts: 116
    yep no monthly fee just buy gameimage

• AkuyaziAkuyazi Member Posts: 23

all you gotta do is purchase the game to play.. they can keep the servers up from the money they get from expansions or chapters that they release though you do not need to buy them to keep playing with your friends.

and technically they dont actually call it a MMORPG.. they call it a "CORPG" id prefer the term mmorpg... i dont know any other CORPG's out there...

• KooriKoori Member Posts: 8

If I understand the prewiew note, You have to buy a Pre-Order pack to play the "free" preview.
    EDIT: Oh.. now i understand... You dont have to buy preorder pack. Its just one of the ways of obtaining the preview-client

• ValaforValafor Member Posts: 3

Ya this game is going to be to amazing to be free, like posted before: you can download the client (VERY small client compared to other ones, it's a new technology they use). For October 29-31. But the game isn't supposed to come out for the first half of 2005. But if you pre-order it, after the WPE, you can play preview the game for 3 days a month untill release. (The first weekend of each month).