Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

to satisfy a relative

recently i *cough* played this game at the behest of a niece, and her experiance upon........(guess the mother unit accidently cancelled the sub) restarting the game..............*grin* such that it is.

the cartoony stuff is great for kids, looks like lots of quests, but meh my play time amounted to 2 hours and change before i wanted to gouge my eyes out. this thread is to address the eula and disney customer service, which i read and eventually explained to the young one why they do what they do, its all about money, disney doesnt like children, they like people that make money and can give it to them.

the first mistake i found with a "disney" product like this was pretty brutal. not only can you cancel early, but the bonus is you lose all play time, even if you paid for that month, close the sub the 5th, lose the rest of the month, explain that to a kid!! (grin) the second fault i saw with a "disney" product was the time invested aspect, (of which i dont condone) but again the kid............everything she had worked up to was locked out until a new sub was started, again,losing all money and play time in this instance.

again i explained things and talked to the disney email guru's and they simply sent me the eula which i promptly told them to shove up their (bleep) and told them to explain to the child in terms they would understand, what had happened and why......they refused. cowards.

so to disney i say this..............your just like sony.

can you smell that?!!...............there is nothing quite like it.....................the smell of troll in the morning............i love that smell.

Comments

• ParapsychoParapsycho Member UncommonPosts: 108

I really hate that you have to call a customer representative to cancel your 'unlimited' account.

I'm sure they'll give me a hard time about it when I call.

The game was fun for about 2 weeks, but then it just got really repetitive.

----------------------------
    Currently Playing:
    DarkWind: War on Wheels

Games Played/Beta Tested

Matrix Online
    Auto Assault
    Anarchy Online
    Everquest 1 & 2
    EVE

• ParapsychoParapsycho Member UncommonPosts: 108

I was actually pleasantly surprised today at the level of customer service when I canceled my account.

I told the rep the situation (I'm going off to Navy bootcamp, and wont get to play for a long time), and she was completely understanding and helpful. She told me that the Unlimited parts of my account would be frozen, and when I'm on leave, If I want to play those, the best way would be to get a 30-Day time card. Good advice, actually.

Thanks, Disney!

----------------------------
    Currently Playing:

Games Played/Beta Tested

Matrix Online
    Auto Assault
    Anarchy Online
    Everquest 1 & 2
    EVE

• Lady_FeiLady_Fei Member Posts: 17

Walt Disney used to be about the kids. Now it's a greedy corporation that is so petty, they won't let kids play full screen without paying.

One of the most ridiculous limitations in a free game I have ever heard of.