Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions of the Force interview

ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Massively seem to be getting a lot of exclusives on this new part of the game (do we call it an expansion?), heh.  http://www.massively.com/2008/07/16/e308-a-first-look-at-champions-of-the-force/

Comments

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611

No, we don't call it an expansion.  It isn't an expansion, therefore it's not called an expansion.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

I'd call it one last grab for cash untill they shut it down, then what are you going to do with your cards lol.

they will be gone.

and your cash. you payed for them.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Mathos

I'd call it one last grab for cash untill they shut it down, then what are you going to do with your cards lol.
    they will be gone.

Ah yes, the ever popular "the game is shutting down" reply...

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897
    Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by Mathos

they will be gone.

Ah yes, the ever popular "the game is shutting down" reply...

I really dont care what it does as I come back for the trials only.....

at some point all games shut down.....

defend them all you want...... you like the game i do not....................................................

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611

Expansion LOL.

It's a card game.  Woopdy-Doo.  It isn't that expansion Smedley promised in 2006.  It isn't Capital Ships that the development team promised when the NGE went live.  It isn't collision detection that the development team promised when the NGE went live...

It's a card game.  It's a card game.  It's a card game.

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631

(do we call it an expansion?), heh. 

No, you call it what it is, a Trading Card Game or TCG whatever you prefer. Smed and others I think have confirmed that SWG will have no future expansions.

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• GravezGravez Member Posts: 249

Every Chapter is considered expansion level content to them, because they haven't had one in so long they forget what an actual expansion is.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by efefia

No, you call it what it is, a Trading Card Game or TCG whatever you prefer. Smed and others I think have confirmed that SWG will have no future expansions.

It's a card game, but it has some heavy tie in's to SWG with rewards, loots, etc.  An expansion is a content addition to a game that often adds a whole new style of play to a game (such as JTL), is it not?  Last I checked, this will be a different style of play from the main game, hence why I questioned if calling it an expansion would be appropriate.

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

To me an expansion means an expansion to the gaming environment. I wouldn't consider a card game to be this. As it has been stated it is a complimentory game to SWG, and not an increase to the gaming world.

Did anyone ever call it an expansion when they introduced things like the Jubilee wheel?

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631

Originally posted by efefia

It's a card game, but it has some heavy tie in's to SWG with rewards, loots, etc.  An expansion is a content addition to a game that often adds a whole new style of play to a game (such as JTL), is it not?  Last I checked, this will be a different style of play from the main game, hence why I questioned if calling it an expansion would be appropriate.

Ask 100 World of Warcraft players how many expansions WoW has, 100 will tell you it has 1 expansion (The Burning Crusade), it also has a trading card game, but then WoW players don't have to reach for positives like SWG players do.

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

It is little more than Real Money Transactions in a clever package.  Calling it an expansion is just being deceitful.  It isn't like there is a new planet or outer space to fly around in that wasn't there already.