Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THE OFFICIAL Terminator Salvation thread!

BdonedgeBdonedge Member CommonPosts: 59

STOKED.

I LOVE the Terminator series, am really glad they got Christian Bale to play John Conner because the last guy was not cutting it. Red heads do not belong as John Conner, fact.

Number 3 wasn't all that great but made due for a good blockbuster.

Comments

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

yea from the teaser trailor is looks badass, and im happy christan bale is playin john conner..i cant wait for this movie!

gamertag - Swaffle House

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

I'm not looking forward to it. I think its going to be a disaster somewhere between Die Hard 4 and the recent IJ movie.

I watched the trailer, and there is something missing. I guarantee you that it will be a digitally recorded movie as opposed to real film, and it will be loaded with uncanny valley androids as opposed to real puppets. Oh and, to much CGI overall.

Ignoring all that, I was immediately alarmed by the "future isn't what my mother told me it would be" statement. So that future we all saw since the first Terminator film, and have envisioned since, isn't going to be there. That first future world would have made an awesome movie, anything else is going to be crappy and probably campy. Maybe they should have simply waited for Arnold to serve out the rest of his term, or, gosh golly, let the series go.

It's just another cheap money grab.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

It's just another cheap money grab.

And you know all of this from a minute long trailer?  Thats awesome.

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186
    Originally posted by Lanmoragon

And you know all of this from a minute long trailer?

Exactly right.

I detect sarcasm though, so if you want to discuss this further with me you ought to invalidate the observations I made from the trailer. That statement you quoted wasn't actually the body of my argument. It was the conclusion made from it.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• Killa154Killa154 Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by Gazenthia

Originally posted by Lanmoragon

And you know all of this from a minute long trailer?

Exactly right.

I detect sarcasm though, so if you want to discuss this further with me you ought to invalidate the observations I made from the trailer. That statement you quoted wasn't actually the body of my argument. It was the conclusion made from it.

Then don't watch it when it comes out, and get the hell out of this thread please.

• I was kind of surprised when I heard they were making this, although I am looking forward to it. I've always wanted to see a Terminator film actually set in the post-apocalyptic SkyNet ruled future. Another 'let's send a more advanced Terminator back in time to kill John Connor' would probably be way too formulaic.