Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US and EU release deffers from Korean ones ??????

DeathknightkDeathknightk Member Posts: 41

Is it true that Korean Version will be released on Oct 2008 and EU,US will be on 2009 ? If yes this will be a very bad marketing idea for the game IMO giving Korean players an edge over others.

Comments

• AidenKossoriAidenKossori Member Posts: 7

Yes this would be true, that Korean players would have an edge over European/American players, but the thing is they wouldn't be playing on the same servers.

From what I hear the servers will be separated by regions, so Korean players given the head start wouldn't be playing with the European/Americans just starting off.

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Koreans play on their own servers and I believe you need a Korean social security number to access them.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

This is great, at least we won't have to deal with "Korean Party Only" psychos.

• VehuelVehuel Member Posts: 112

I've never been so excited to try out an MMORPG in my entire life (lie), but I can say this...from viewing the PvP videos on YouTube, I am quite impressed but there are some notable flaws (in my opinion) that I've noticed in the videos from the beta releases.

-takes a while to kill another opponent in PvP, damage against another player = less damage than it would be against a mob (PvE)

-although, there are aerial cc (crowd control) to hinder another player from fleeing. it still seems too easy to run/fly away from combat. from the videos of The Abyss (battlegrounds like area), the players getting attacked seem to fly away so easily from danger. from gank videos, chasing your opponent for a couple minutes on air and land, just to get a kill, seemed a chore.

-from reading the beta 3 patch notes, it seems you can lose experience points from attacking monsters of a significantly lower level than your own. not much of a complaint here, but it would take out the fun of kill stealing from lowbies who talk alot of smack, lol.

i know this is the wrong topic to rant about this, but all the other topics on page 1 here looks like chaos. pardon my intrusion.

Currently Playing: 3ds Max 2009
    Played and Loved: World of Warcraft, EVE Online, Warhammer Online
    Best F2P MMO: Requiem Bloodymare
    Want to Play: Aion (See Teaser), DCuniverseOnline (awesome gameplay videos)

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

PvP 1v1 lasts indeed, I don't see anything bad about that considering how the abyss is a party area, once people focus on the same target it goes down easily unless healed, that works quite well in massive pvps from my experience.

Flight time is limited, if people use flight for scaping instead of using it for the strategical part of it (bonus in dps, defence, etc...) and aerial skills...well, it's up to them, but you can always chase your enemy by using flight yourself and waiting for his to fade.

That XP penalty means that if you kill a lower level mob, you will not receive the ammount of XP that mob gave you a pair of levels ago =)

• PyroAmosPyroAmos Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Deathknightk

Is it true that Korean Version will be released on Oct 2008 and EU,US will be on 2009 ? If yes this will be a very bad marketing idea for the game IMO giving Korean players an edge over others.

that would be the same formula they've used for most korea developed games they've done.... hasn't worked out to well so far. NCs masterpiece and cash-cow of lineage 2 pulls in more money than all of their US-targeted games put together (CoH/CoV, GuildWars, tabula rasa), but due to poor support and marketing on this side of the water it flopped in the US, despite the gapping hole in the market it would of filled nicely. Hopefully they will do a better job with Aion, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

And as to people being hard to kill, hopefully that is because they follow the traditional korean game design of deaths actually hurting you, making survivability more important and killing someone an actual acomplishment, rather than another number down, in your road to 250,000 kills.

Check out my site - www.pyroamos.com

• AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118

We're launching the game here in the EU and in the US some time after the release in Korea, yes. This is due to a number of factors that prevent us from releasing it earlier, including server preparation/evaluation/testing, infrastructure and localization. We are really trying to get the game out to you as soon as we possibly can, but it's a bumpy road we're travelling so a certain delay is inevitable. Believe me when I say that me and the rest of the team here in Brighton definitely look forward to launch day as much as you guys do. :)

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• DeathknightkDeathknightk Member Posts: 41

you efforts are much appreciated :) , I have never been soo tempted to try a game as much as i am with Aion , IMO it is kinda of a mix between FFXI , WOW , and a very new system that i think other games cant offer.

I think it would be kinda fun to play on shared servers with other nations, On FFXI we used to learn alot from JP people and some times teach them , empress them

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Nice...I hope the game gets the support it deserves. I can't wait to give it a try. :P

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• toadkillertoadkiller Member Posts: 148

Just checking as I know you cannot give an exact date but is 2009 for US most likely and not before ?

• AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118
    Originally posted by toadkiller

Just checking as I know you cannot give an exact date but is 2009 for US most likely and not before ?

Yes, it's looking like 2009.

I made a blog post some time ago about it, over here.

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• dyakk13dyakk13 Member Posts: 43

I need to start looking at the EU Aion site instead. Thank you Ayase.

Current: [none]
    Waiting for: TERA

• toadkillertoadkiller Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by Ayase

Originally posted by toadkiller

Yes, it's looking like 2009.

I made a blog post some time ago about it, over here.

Thanks a lot for the info - was just curious - will look forward to it then - was hoping AoC and/or WAR would keep me until then but AoC got too old/boring too fast and WAR just feels like a pseudo turned based game with combat pace and forced cooldowns between every ability atm - 

Guess will have to find others to occupy until then - 

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

We're launching the game here in the EU and in the US some time after the release in Korea, yes. This is due to a number of factors that prevent us from releasing it earlier, including server preparation/evaluation/testing, infrastructure and localization. We are really trying to get the game out to you as soon as we possibly can, but it's a bumpy road we're travelling so a certain delay is inevitable. Believe me when I say that me and the rest of the team here in Brighton definitely look forward to launch day as much as you guys do. :)

I did not know you were posting in public forums which shows me integrity  so I am going to check out the game when it launches. You guys/gals/ over at NCSoft need to be on the radar for the north american market more often.   I would love to also see fee to play all our games like SOE's (ewww I said SOE) station pass. You guys should also send Brent over at Virginworlds.com info for his widley known podcast.

• Djpyro21Djpyro21 Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Lateris

I did not know you were posting in public forums which shows me integrity  so I am going to check out the game when it launches. You guys/gals/ over at NCSoft need to be on the radar for the north american market more often.   I would love to also see fee to play all our games like SOE's (ewww I said SOE) station pass. You guys should also send Brent over at Virginworlds.com info for his widley known podcast.

Kieron has stated that marketing/PR for North America will begin shortly and that it will be a thing of quite beauty