Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Help With A Workout Plan

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Hey guys, I need a good workout plan for my abs, arms, and the rest of the upper body. I need a 30 day one to get ready for a trip. Rikimaru gotta look ripped on one of the worlds most beautiful beaches right? I only got a 10 pound and 20 pound dumbells. I can do a lot of stuff rocky-style. I just need some help on a good workout routine. Any of yall know anything?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

30 days?  Not enough time to get "ripped" but I'll give you an arm workout that will make your arms feel like they are about to fall off that should get you some results within a few weeks.  You will need to buy some equipment, or find a gym...sorry but that's just the way it is if you want to be "ripped":

Five supersets of standing barbell curls and seated incline curls...a super set is one in which you do a set of one exercise and immediatley move to the next (in this case, standing to seated curls) and then rest for two minutes in between sets.  Do 8 reps of standing curls, and 6 reps of seated curls.

After this, do four sets of seated preacher curls, HEAVY weights, 6 reps per

After that, three sets of standing cable curls, 8 reps each set, weight should be around what you did for standing curls

Next up is three sets of concentration curls, 8 reps...look them up if you don't know what they are

Last is four sets of standing hammer curls, 10 reps each.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

My body is great man, but I need to put the lines back in if you know what I mean. Thanks for what you gave me. I need some out of gym stuff too because I have been working a lot and I need something I can do at home too.

|

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

i think there is a product, mostly advertised on late nite tv that will vibrate your flabby tummy to a six pack in 30 days!

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• EcranomicalEcranomical Member Posts: 326

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

Pick a muscle, then sort it according to equipment used.

Or follow a workout plan, but just a warning to you: there are tons to go through.

• xDarcxDarc Member Posts: 211

Uhm? 

1) Pick up heavy weights

2) Move them up and down

3) Repeat

4) Dont quit

After a year of using the gym free to employees at the Detroit newspaper plant without ever seeking detailed information on exercise... I gained 4 inches on the arms and lost about 45 lbs.  I say dont worry about trying to get quick results- just start exercising regularly and you wont have to freak out at the end of every year when you find yourself soft and pudgy.

Unless of course your life depends on it and you've got a final battle between good and evil ninjas coming your way in the next month... then a freak out is well deserved.

P.S. 

It's just a beach outing?  The beach will be there next year- and heavy things to lift will be there all the time in between now and then.

• monkey1monkey1 Member Posts: 3

Just do the usual stuff, push-ups, situps, dumbbells etc. (looked up the words in the dictionary, don't hit me if they're wrong :P).

I dunno how long it takes to build up the muscles, but it's the cheapest way to train 'em without gym or extra equip.

I do 40 push-ups, 50 situps, 20 push-ups, 200xlifting a dumbbell (3kg) with every arm (25 left, than 25 right etc.), 50 situps, 20 situps with my legs in an 90° angle and 50 knee bends in this order, every day.

Got an average sixpack and nice arm muscles through this. :)

Maybe it's not even a good workout plan, but I like it and I definitley feel better after it.

Good luck. ;)

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Try a good Whey protein mix as well, you can pick it up pretty cheap.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Monday - Chest

3 - 75 Push ups

3 - Bench press 165,195,225 (25, 15, 8 reps)

3 - Nautilus press 80,100,130

3 - Incline press 80,100,130

3 - Pec deck machine 60,70,80

Tuesday - Back

3 - 25 ull ups

3 - Seated rows 75,80,85

3 - Lat pull downs 135,150,165

3 - T bar rows 80,95,110

Wednesday - Shoulders

3 - Arnold press 55,55,55

3 - Laterals 30,30,30

3 - Front raises 25,25,25

Thursday - Biceps & Triceps

3 - Preacher curl machine 60,80,95

3 - EZ curls cable 50,65,80

3 - Hammer curls 30,45,55

3 - Push downs 70,85,100

Friday

Treadmill 60 minutes 80-90% MHR

Saturday

Treadmill 60 minutes 80-90% MHR

Sunday

Rest Day

Reps Range From 15-25 reps on all exercises and weigh is in lbs.

May also need to change your diet to get maxim results from your workout.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

why don't you go paint a picture while your at it?

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

OP go pick up a professionally written book such as New Rules of Weight Lifting or Starting Strength.  They have premade routines that switch up every 4-6 weeks and tell you how to properly execute each move, etc.

No offense Muirin but that workout plan is horrible.  You have no workouts for legs?  You have no compound lifts like squats, deadlifts, pullups, dips etc....Horrible horrible workout.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

Hey guys, I need a good workout plan for my abs, arms, and the rest of the upper body. I need a 30 day one to get ready for a trip. Rikimaru gotta look ripped on one of the worlds most beautiful beaches right? I only got a 10 pound and 20 pound dumbells. I can do a lot of stuff rocky-style. I just need some help on a good workout routine. Any of yall know anything?

Personally I would concentrate on the sex aspect of the workout if you are going to one of the worlds most beautiful beaches. that, and take that extra time to pick out that perfect thong......

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143
    Originally posted by Lanmoragon

OP go pick up a professionally written book such as New Rules of Weight Lifting or Starting Strength.  They have premade routines that switch up every 4-6 weeks and tell you how to properly execute each move, etc.
    No offense Muirin but that workout plan is horrible.  You have no workouts for legs?  You have no compound lifts like squats, deadlifts, pullups, dips etc....Horrible horrible workout.

Treadmill is a leg workout.

Originally posted by abbaba

Treadmill is a leg workout.

The treadmill is a cardio workout that works your legs.  I was referring to the fact that most other muscle groups had "weight bearing" lifts while there are none for the legs.  Your body would look weird as hell if you got ripped up top but had toothpicks for legs, totally unbalanced.  Not to mention the benefits of doing weight moves for your legs.  Leaving out your legs is leaving out half of your body.  Less muscle gained, less hormones released, less muscle built over your body as a whole.

Not to mention the fact that deadlifts, squats, etc also work your core so you can get those "totally ripped abz dude" and also work your whole body.

• Originally posted by Lanmoragon

I dont use it, just something i found on the internet.

http://www.bradpittworkout.com/fight-club/brad-pitts-fight-club-workout/

I use this one, switches up once a week.

http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/my_video_journal.html

• Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

You better get some heavier dumbells if you wana get ripped.  10s and 20s will only get you toned

Originally posted by Muirin

I dont use it, just something i found on the internet.

http://www.bradpittworkout.com/fight-club/brad-pitts-fight-club-workout/

I use this one, switches up once a week.

http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/my_video_journal.html

Ah ok, sorry didnt mean to call you out or anything .

That one that you use is pretty good, might use that in the future. :D

• rawrxbradrawrxbrad Member UncommonPosts: 117

lol asking a mmorpg community, thats like ordering pizza from a book store.

• Originally posted by rawrxbrad

Not eveyone that plays mmo's are out of shape and over weight.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Will definitely have to make use of some of this info.

I've been concentrating mainly on weight loss for a while now, have lost over 100 pounds so far from my "peak" weight. Getting close to where I want to be weight wise, now just to tone up what's left. :)

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Riki reminded me to get fit again lol, I used to be very toned till I fucked my knee, sigh. Hard to find the motivation.

O_o o_O

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Originally posted by rawrxbrad

You would be suprised how many of us are in good shape that if you look at us, you wouldn't think we would be in a mmo community.

|

• UrdigUrdig Member Posts: 1,260

You can rip your stomach in thirty days easy.  That is if you're not alredy covered in a cushion of fat.

Find some place you can hang with your feet off the ground.  Pull your legs up, bending at the knees, or straight, or a mix of both.  You can count reps but make sure you're not doing to few.

Try it.  If you aren't laying on the ground in agony the first time you do this then you're doing it wrong.

Wish Darkfall would release.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

If you want to take the scientific approach to it.

Do a different style of work out every week.

After a week, two or three, of the same movements, your body gets used to them.

For the most effective gain, you need to change it up constantly.

I cant remember the official name of the theory, if I did id link you to some of the more silly sites about it so you could get an idea about it.

Basically find a bunch of exercises that target the same muscles, and do different ones each time.

If your doing running one week, or free weights, next week try taking some yoga, or other styles. Try a week of kick boxing.

You should notice results even just after a month. Works great in lab testing.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

It might help if you read your own quote.

"i need rl modz NAO"

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

that was a good one