Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In other news...

devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Quote from Jagex 14 July 2008 - Three Cheers for Lumbridge!

"Every week we receive thousands of abuse reports on the subject of Rule 10: Misuse of Customer Support. Often, these are from players reacting to reports made against them, with only 1% showing any evidence of a broken rule. Since we can identify those who break Rule 10 ourselves, we have decided to remove the option to report players for Rule 10: Misuse of Customer Support. The rule itself will not be removed or changed and we will continue to take the appropriate action against those who break it."

We all know how the 9 year olds love to walk around saying" reported" or I reported u" , so now they can do it freely without reprecussions because Jagex has now removed the ability to report them for doing so!  Not only do they not ban them or mute them for walking around ruining the community, they are protecting them from any reprecussions! Most of the kids that walk around saying that do not actually report anyone they just love to irritate other players, and in years past I knew mods that muted them for it, now there is no way to report the annoying little kids for being jerks to everyone around them!  "Since we can identify those who break Rule 10 ourselves" that is only if they actually report someone, if they do not 99% of the time there is no way they find out, unless someone reports them for misuse.Way to go Jagex that will really improve your community.

Comments

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52

The game is starting to come apart. When they added the duel arena to free players it caused a huge protest. There were also other huge protests, and if ,on youtube, they were telling the truth there will be more protests the 20th of july 2008 on worlds 1, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 152. They will be at bountyhunter, the duel arena, and other minigames. There will also be a protest at varrock square. Tell all runescape players to go there if you are sick of the crap runescape has been giving. 

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by amesco

The game is starting to come apart. When they added the duel arena to free players it caused a huge protest. There were also other huge protests, and if ,on youtube, they were telling the truth there will be more protests the 20th of july 2008 on worlds 1, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 152. They will be at bountyhunter, the duel arena, and other minigames. There will also be a protest at varrock square. Tell all runescape players to go there if you are sick of the crap runescape has been giving. 

But the thing is, Jagex don't care about these nutcases who get themselves muted for no reason. Jagex never give in to protests, and they usually do not care so protests are pointless.

?

• rawRzorzrawRzorz Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by deviliscious

"Every week we receive thousands of abuse reports on the subject of Rule 10: Misuse of Customer Support. Often, these are from players reacting to reports made against them, with only 1% showing any evidence of a broken rule. Since we can identify those who break Rule 10 ourselves, we have decided to remove the option to report players for Rule 10: Misuse of Customer Support. The rule itself will not be removed or changed and we will continue to take the appropriate action against those who break it."
    We all know how the 9 year olds love to walk around saying" reported" or I reported u" , so now they can do it freely without reprecussions because Jagex has now removed the ability to report them for doing so!  Not only do they not ban them or mute them for walking around ruining the community, they are protecting them from any reprecussions! Most of the kids that walk around saying that do not actually report anyone they just love to irritate other players, and in years past I knew mods that muted them for it, now there is no way to report the annoying little kids for being jerks to everyone around them!  "Since we can identify those who break Rule 10 ourselves" that is only if they actually report someone, if they do not 99% of the time there is no way they find out, unless someone reports them for misuse.Way to go Jagex that will really improve your community.

I do not know who's worse, the 9 year olds telling people they've reported them, or the people who ***** about it.

If your honestly concerned about kids that are saying one or two words like, "reported" you need to get out of whatever cave your in, and enter the real world. Quit crying over small things. You don't pay for the game(unless your a member), all you have to do to protest is not play at all, and move on.

--------------------
    You led a great life.
    Rest in Peace.
    Laura "Taera" Genender 2008

Mount and Blade. Great Game
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/mountandblade/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Originally posted by rawRzorz

I do not know who's worse, the 9 year olds telling people they've reported them, or the people who ***** about it.

If your honestly concerned about kids that are saying one or two words like, "reported" you need to get out of whatever cave your in, and enter the real world. Quit crying over small things. You don't pay for the game(unless your a member), all you have to do to protest is not play at all, and move on.

What she's complaining about is that jagex is actually letting them get away with it. They are protecting them from getting reported or correct me if I'm wrong. And eventually if this doesn't stop every single player on runescape will be saying i reported you because they know that they can get away with it. 

Originally posted by AkaJetson

But the thing is, Jagex don't care about these nutcases who get themselves muted for no reason. Jagex never give in to protests, and they usually do not care so protests are pointless.

Never say never.  If enough people show up, I'm talking about thousands or more, they will have to at least look into it. Thats why its important that you tell everyone you know about it. So if everybody does this jagex might pay attention for once in its lifetime. This is the time for action.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by rawRzorz

Just because it's free doesn't mean you have to put up with crap.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Never say never.  If enough people show up, I'm talking about thousands or more, they will have to at least look into it. Thats why its important that you tell everyone you know about it. So if everybody does this jagex might pay attention for once in its lifetime. This is the time for action.

I suppose i should have not said never because they have given into a totally different one a long time ago, but there was a massive one a month or two ago in world one that went on for a whole day and they didn't give in to it so the chances are unlikely.

?

I suppose i should have not said never because they have given into a totally different one a long time ago, but there was a massive one a month or two ago in world one that went on for a whole day and they didn't give in to it so the chances are unlikely.

Maybye, but we need to try. We need to speak up . Just like deviliscious said, if not we're just going to keep getting the same trash from jagex. So we can at least try instead of sitting on our butts crying about it.