Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape is DEAD, well done jagex

Comments

• Kowboy_KittyKowboy_Kitty Member Posts: 41

Only $60 if you subscribe before the 4th!(I don't actually pay anyways.) Gah, even if there are not really 190k people playing, all that means is that noone steals my yews, right? I actually am a little excited...I think it may be time to get a job.

• Blue_devil73Blue_devil73 Member Posts: 24

Does anyone else think the High Detail being only for members is bogus? i always played RS in high detail but i guess i won't anymore -.-  that's how they lost so many players and on it's homepage it says "We have over 130 million accounts!!" who wants a bet that most aren't active?

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

This game is terrible anyways.

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by Llamster

I also hope you realize that they did these changes because of the problem with Real-World Trading, and for the most part it's been quite effective. RWT would have 'screwed' the game a lot more than these updates have if something hadn't been done.

Wrongo. RWT is just as alive and active as it was before. They even added a new option in addition to selling you gold, training your account for you. So gold costs a bit more per mil, the RWT goes on just as strong as before, if not stronger with the new "let us train your account" Option.

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by Kowboy_Kitty
     Runescape only goes uphill from here.

You're right, they can't go much lower.

Originally posted by Kowboy_Kitty

Gah, even if there are not really 190k people playing, all that means is that noone steals my yews, right?

That's not the point, the point is that they're lying about the actual number of people playing as a way to trick new people into joining.

There's 150 worlds, 163, though, 'appear' to exist. This is not true.

Notice there's rarely less than 500 people on a server (If ever, I didn't really look.). My suggestion is that there's a minimum number of players, 4-500, and all the additional 'players' are added on.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Simiswimm

LOL! The scary thing is is that I thought that very same thing a while back.. but then they seem to find ways to sink even lower.. I dunno with Jagex I am sure they will find a way, they cease to amaze me.

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Originally posted by Simiswimm

LOL! The scary thing is is that I thought that very same thing a while back.. but then they seem to find ways to sink even lower.. I dunno with Jagex I am sure they will find a way, they cease to amaze me.

Very true. But from I have seen, I think they can and will continue to find new ways to sink lower and lower. That is just what they are good at and I don't doubt their ability to find new ways to further ruin the game.

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

I never really understood why people played Runescape.. Just being completely honest.

I played RS for a month or 2, then I got tired of that shit and started playing all the free mmorpg's, Such as Kal online, Knight online, Maplestory, etc etc.

By the time I got to WoW, The first thing that came to mind was how wow reminded me of RS.  I couldnt really tell you why.. But it did. 

Really.  I could not tell you why people played Runescape.  The graphics are worse then most flash games.  The community is filled with 1337 $p43k1nG douchebags, hackers roam free, botters everywhere.  I think Runescape should have died a long time, It was dead to me more then 4 years ago.

-------------------------

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52

Hopfully they don't sink any lower and find ways to fix the mess they have made, if that's even possible. If Jagex doesn't get back on the right track....   

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

" i used to love going into the wildy and completely screwing someones day"

Lost me right there.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

The game is starting to come apart. When they added the duel arena to free players it caused a huge protest. There were also other huge protests, and if ,on youtube, they were telling the truth there will be more protests the 20th of july 2008 on worlds 1, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 152. They will be at bountyhunter, the duel arena, and other minigames. There will also be a protest at varrock square. Tell all runescape players to go there if you are sick of the crap runescape has been giving. 

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

The game isn't really dead, as 967 people still turned up to an event just today.

?

• MotokoShellMotokoShell Member Posts: 3

i agree game sucks now.

When the time comes... You'll be ready

People did quit, but jagex doesn't care. As long as one person is paying them they're going to keep ruining one of the best MMOs. Jagex doesn't care about the players. If they did they would have asked the players if it was ok to take away the wildy. Well guess what? They didn't and they took it away just because of realworld trading.

• MotokoShellMotokoShell Member Posts: 3

Your right, they don't care about us. They took the wildy because ppl would quit when they died so they didnt want to lose money

When the time comes... You'll be ready

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949
    Originally posted by liner60

i used to love going into the wildy and completely screwing someones day,

This mindset is why I refuse to play F2P games.  And yes, i'm ashamed to admit I've tried Runescape.

PS.  I would rather play a good game of checkers...against myself...than Runescape.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by MotokoShell

Your right, they don't care about us. They took the wildy because ppl would quit when they died so they didnt want to lose money

Now that's by far the most bizarre statement about them taking out the wildy i've ever seen on mmorpg.com, and i've seen a few

?

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

someone actually said that runscape is going uphill. Please tell me what drugs you take, kauz shrooms dont make me hallucinate as hard as you do.

Runescape rising from it's ashes, fusioning with hello kitty to become the wow killer

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• DemonAuraDemonAura Member Posts: 90

ok for all ppl here who hate runescape including me.

u have to admit that the game  is pretty good. well at least the quests and the other things.

the only reason this game suck is cus the graphics r still ugly, there r too many things to lvl which will take ages to do. and last is that the grinding in this game sucks.

Originally posted by DemonAura

ok for all ppl here who hate runescape including me.
    u have to admit that the game  is pretty good. well at least the quests and the other things.
    the only reason this game suck is cus the graphics r still ugly, there r too many things to lvl which will take ages to do. and last is that the grinding in this game sucks.

Graphics has nothing to do with it. Many people quit because of the gameplay and yes there are a lot of skills, but many people looked forward to leveling them up so they could make armor or weapons to use in the wildy. Now the wildy is gone and there is no real point to level up anymore unless you kill monsters, but there is no fun in that because the AI is so predictable unlike in the wildy when you could get ambushed by ten other people when you least expected it.

Originally posted by MotokoShell

Ok.... First of all people died in the wildy all the time and the only reason they would probably quit was if they were constantly dieing and even if they did they were probably some of the laziest people in runescape for not getting there level up. All my friends had died in the wildy at least once and none of them had quit after dieing. If you know anybody who quit after dieing in the wildy they were probably poeple who weren't ever into the game and were looking for an excuse to quit.

• parrc_savantparrc_savant Member Posts: 5

I just want to say Runescape Pwnz

And If it didn't then there wouldn't be all these haters =)

Originally posted by parrc_savant

? There are a lot of players that say bad things about runescape because there are bad things. Why do you think so many people quit? How do you explain that the highscores have completly changed? Because rs made bad decisions. Keep protecting it if you want. I myself starting protecting it before I became a member here. I guess I will join the POES if they let me. So end of story: There are a lot of haters because there is a lot to hate.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by parrc_savant

Grats on your second post. If WoW is the McDonalds of the MMO world, then Runescape must be the scraps left in the dumpster. Yes, they call that a burn.

• ProbablyBestProbablyBest Member Posts: 10

Runescape... sucks.

Seriously, i say this as somebody that has played it for quite a while as a non-member.

Ok, so i got all the quests done, i got all the abilities to a point where you'd have to be a really buggin grinder, and i got rune full etc etc...

what now?

All that was left is to kicks people's butts in wildly, but no, jagex were not thinking too straight and they ruined that too.

just don't play it, people.

Randon person says: "Ok guys, now that we've finished lets go have some ice cream."