Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going to be an amazing game but Its really under the radar I think.

2»

Comments

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Originally posted by cukimunga

People are always complaining about how they want something different and skill based but yet it seems like they are all going to play War or some other game. 
    I commented on the hype page over 3 months ago and there were only 9 people after me. The last person that  hyped it was around a month ago.  Either people just don't  like the game or just haven't found out about it yet. On the other hand maybe its good its incognito so all the jerks wont get into the game.lol
    I was interested in this game for awhile but that last video really sold me on the game. I like how the NPC's actually talk to you, I know there all not like that but I sometimes get tired of reading.  I think it give another dimension of realism.

its called marketing and we as human beings are brainwashed into what we like by it.

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070
    Originally posted by ghoul31

Originally posted by admriker4

Originally posted by nAAtimus

The devs are in the process of overhauling the graphics.

I followed another small MMO a while back called Roma Victor. It too had subpar graphics. And the devs there promised a graphic update. Dont know if they ever came through with that promise but not many bothered to buy the game once they saw those outdated screenshots.

FE would be wise to make updating the graphics its top priority. While graphics wont deter me from playing Fallen Earth, it will certainly affect many others' decision

i have to disagree. Gameplay is more important than graphics. Roma Victor failed because its gameplay was broken and incomplete.

gameplay is more important to me as well. Heck I still play old games with awful graphics like Master of Orion 2, Fallout 1-2, etc because the gameplay is awesome.

Roma Victor was broken and incomplete.

However people didnt know that because they didnt bother to buy the game. RV sold less than 20k copies at launch. Potential players frankly were turned off due to the awful screenshots and videos.

Much as we dont like to admit it, graphics are important and will have a major impact on Fallen Earth's success or failure.

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070
    Originally posted by mrw0lf

Sorry what did I miss? What's wrong with the graphics they look pretty good to me. From the screenies the lighting seems to be absent (on the ones I looked at) but everything else seems kinda nice.
    There are a few games coming out in the near future, most likely before this one, people are just waiting to be dissapointed by those first. Personally wasn't keeping eye on this just because it seemed to be quite a way down the road.

Here is a link to video clips of Fallen Earth....

http://www.fallenearth.com/?page=video

You'll notice that there isnt much detail in the video. Course that might not mean anything as that kind of stuff can be added in later. Lord of the Rings was like that in beta, it looks amazing after launch.

The overall graphics look chunky, jagged, and very out-of-date. And regardless if FE will update its appearance, first impressions are lasting and vital.

Like I said, it wont deter me in the least bit. But I fear it will have an impact on players on the virtual fence about buying the game after launch.

We all have a vested interest in seeing this game succeed. If it fails...

• sandbox MMO's suffer another potentially fatal blow
    • less likely to see a developer take a risky venture
    • Icarius prolly gets eaten up by another multinational corporation

Please update the graphics engine

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I love sandbox, skill based games!  However, FE just doesn't seem to have enough content or lore to really get me excited about it.  I agree that it is really under the radar, but I don't say whether or not it deserves to be.  I think the game will be a fun game, but won't compare on the same scale as those earlier popular sandbox skill based games such as UO, SWG, and EVE. 

I'll check back again once I hear something new about it.

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611

If you are on the bubble about this game go to youtube.com and type in "Fallen Earth MMO" and watch the gameplay video interviews they gave a few years ago.  It was done when Fallen Earth was early in development, but playable, and at first the game looks so-so, but by the last video I was extremely impressed. 

Considering how early the game was at that time and how cool it looked I can't wait to play it.