Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fury is back Give it a second chance!

skychainskychain Member UncommonPosts: 66

Hey guys as u know the game Fury has been off to a rough start but now its all new and improved more patches have been made and now with the release of Fury League, Fury needs more players its a great PVP game now grinding what so every and now lvling jst PVP so pls give it a  chance check it out www.unleashthefury.com

Its free also for u cheapoes like me :P

Played: Archlord, GW, RFO, Knight Online, Silkroad, WoW, Rappelz, shaiya, Flyff, Fury, Space Cowboy, Perfect World Beta, Rakion, sword of the new world, Linage 1 and 2, Savage 1

Playing: CSS

Comments

• PermanentInkPermanentInk Member Posts: 13

I hated it, not enough diversity.

Machine Supremacy

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Same owners? No thanks.

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

here's two old sayings for ya:

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

and

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

• I redownloaded and went back. I was in there today. It really runs ultrasmooth now and with full settings ofcourse it looks beautiful as always. Didn't see many players around and that's because when I looked there were like over 60 matches combined going on, a nice change from the past. It's really like playing a free melee version Unreal Tournament 3, that's the way I've always thought of it.

I'm supposed to be Immortal for life but it says Chosen when ingame so that has me a little ticked off though.

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by chillsan

I redownloaded and went back. I was in there today. It really runs ultrasmooth now and with full settings ofcourse it looks beautiful as always. Didn't see many players around and that's because when I looked there were like over 60 matches combined going on, a nice change from the past. It's really like playing a free melee version Unreal Tournament 3, that's the way I've always thought of it.
    I'm supposed to be Immortal for life but it says Chosen when ingame so that has me a little ticked off though.

Yeah its great, things are finally starting to pick up again - bugs are getting fixed and there is practically a patch every week, sometimes two all leading up the new business model forums.auran.com/fury/forum/showthread.php 

I know a good quote too; ' can't teach an old dog new tricks'.

• tokarustokarus Member Posts: 43

im gonna try it out now that theres a bit of positive news on tha game. i heard a lot of negatives, so i've never tried it. time to see if its worth tha dl time

• sorciellesorcielle Member Posts: 83

Well this spring I have been cruising through a ton of F2P games and download trials while waiting for AOC and WAR to drop...

I gotta say, only FURY has stayed installed through the whole merry-go-round. Even with its ups and downs, I find it to be refreshing, and a bit faster paced than guild wars.

• SabersworderSabersworder Member UncommonPosts: 12

ok so the only way I will consier going back is if, the figured out a way to reduce the lag and make it not as resource heavy on computers, so did they do that?

• sorciellesorcielle Member Posts: 83

I run at low-renderer... so I may not have your best answer, but compared to the quality from last November, yes, there has been definite improvement.  It seems much more stable now.

• SabersworderSabersworder Member UncommonPosts: 12

well I played waybackin beta, so it was horrible then, justkinda hoping it got better

• ElJackylElJackyl Member Posts: 54

I was browsing here the other day saw they had switched this over to f2p. I decided to give it a shot. For what it is, it's pretty cool. Lots of abilities to switch around. Fast paced gameplay. I've been running it on low with a mid range computer and it seldom lags. Keep in mind don't go in expecting a huge interactive world, it's not that type of game. It's basically online hubs where you develop your character and then play various pvp arena type matches. But it's one of the better f2p games I've run across, and best of all, it's fun to play.

• eq2jseq2js Member Posts: 94

i went to the site and guess what...

I got an error saying that it couldnt connect to my database...

Database Error: Unable to connect to your database. Your database appears to be turned off or the database connection settings in your config file are incorrect. Please contact your hosting provider if the problem persists.

So...wtf does that mean???

• selbieselbie Member Posts: 15

I got a free copy of this game a few months ago and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since. Maybe I should check this game out.

• nickman1993nickman1993 Member Posts: 287

Originally posted by eq2js

i went to the site and guess what...
    I got an error saying that it couldnt connect to my database...
    Database Error: Unable to connect to your database. Your database appears to be turned off or the database connection settings in your config file are incorrect. Please contact your hosting provider if the problem persists.
    So...wtf does that mean???

All it means is there working on stuff. They'll sometime take down the site when they add patches our doing something good to it. I do agree it has changed tremendesely. Everyone should at least give it a shot (more then 10 rounds at least). What do you have to lose. Its free after all. I've been in since before AoC patch and since then its making great upgrades.

Just as Vanguard has changedd so has fury! Give it another chance!

• URNotMegaURNotMega Member CommonPosts: 115
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by URNotMega

Fury is very much *not* back.
    http://forums.auran.com/fury/forum/showthread.php?t=9086

"Bossman" ( otherwise known as "over-inflated undeserved ego with little to no talent man" ) even having his own staff point out his stupidity during development on his own forums is priceless.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #3

Auran Staff

Tony,

If you continue creating games I hope you take some things away from the experience. The main thing, whether you were aware of it or not, is to listen (and hire leads who listen) to the developers actually making the game. Just because someone is a programmer, an artist, community management, or even QA does not mean they enjoy games any less than a designer. Hell even as a designer I, and other designers, were flat out ignored throughout development. Not only does it produce an inferior product but it also makes the developers not have the passion or interest in creating a quality product. Never follow anyone blindly thinking that 2-3 people (< 5% of your whole development staff) will lead you to success.

Good luck in whatever happens next.

A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.

Say bye-bye. There ain't gonna be no "marketing partners" to save this game. If anyone thought the game had a chance, they wouldn't be looking for partners, they'd already have them.

I truly feel bad for those of you that, for some unknown reason, actually like this game. It sucks when any gamers game goes down the tubes. But in regards to "Bossman" and the rest of the main Auran asshats, I have no problem smiling as I watch their ship sink.

• SortranSortran Member Posts: 148

I agree zorvan,  shame to see a game crash and burn as always. I played from early alpha up to about 2 weeks before release, and no matter how much we posted about issues and ways to improve the game we were ignored. Id hope any up and coming game developers as well as ones who've been around pay attention to their testers feedback better. otherwise they risk epic failure.

Playing: Not much actively.
    Games played: to many to list, been playing MMO's since 2001
    --------------------------

• I have to agree with you this time Zorvan. It's time to stick a fork in it, cause it's done. The only thing I have to say is he was atleast man enough to leave that post up from the dev, cause I read it awhile back. Hopefully the next time they make a game they will listen.

Keep it real.

• aranhaaranha Member UncommonPosts: 171
    When i played the overlord class was REALLY REALLY overpowered!! That totally messed up the game for me that otherwise was great and really fun. Has anything been done or are there still 80% of the pop life leeching overlords that hit hard as hell?
  • A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175
    Originally posted by aranha

When i played the overlord class was REALLY REALLY overpowered!! That totally messed up the game for me that otherwise was great and really fun. Has anything been done or are there still 80% of the pop life leeching overlords that hit hard as hell?

I think you're referring to the 'Soul Tap' era of Fury.... yes it was overpowered. A damage ability that also healed you. Of course it got nerfed eventually as did a lot of the overpowered skills and life saps.

Its a shame because the game as it is now is quite balanced, they missed the boat on the population.