Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NC Soft Neglect

PyroAmosPyroAmos Member Posts: 24

So... been looking at Aion latly, but having played both Lineage and Lineage 2, Korea developped NC games have tended to flop in the US due to little/no support on this side of the water. Looking at these forums, it looks like Aion will likly fall into the same pit, which is sad, theres really no other games to look forward to right now... so... the poll is... will NC soft kill its own game?

Check out my site - www.pyroamos.com

Comments

• lyankyjlyankyj Member Posts: 63

Since NA/Eu advertising, marketing, PR have not yet even started,  you cant expect htem to be everywhere in masses.

Still, we got Ayase here watching over our shoulders, and they communicate with every worthy fansites pretty often.

We just dont know what will happen when the game will be released, but if they remain this active and commited to the game, nothing wrong can happen regarding this matter.

Too early to judge that.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I agree with the OP atm.

I really hope it succeeds, but I've seen what happened to lineage 2. The european servers are a mess. It is full, of botters everywhere. I only found russian players left on the Euro server.

I'm scared this will happen with Aion too because the servers are region restricted and europe and NA have a later release date.

• kingbloopkingbloop Member Posts: 180

I have already seen some adverts and 'news stories'  here and around. hell in england they gota giant billboard on the side of a building. As soon as the Korean beta phase is done they will probably put mor effort into adverting more to the US.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Im not worried because both lineage1 and lineage2 were made for the Asian market primarly and

secondarly later with a few servers for Eu/NA/whatever.

They didnt allocate the resources and the funds for the secondary market  much and they said that from the start.

Now on Aion case, they said from start they aiming both for EU/NA and Asian markets.

NcSoft is very big and they have the money to do what they want.

from production to publishing and support.

The game was designed from start for western tastes.

Translation and everything is made in different languages almost instantly.

They know what they want and they going for it.

no worries here.

• extragonkextragonk Member Posts: 21

I agree, while i'd love to see more info its just not out there yet because its not the right time for the developers or publishers, when it hits that point my only hope is that they are a tad more subtle than WoW and AoC who garnered so much publicity and coverage i was sick to death of it before it was even released!

People judge games too fast and dash many peoples hopes before they even get to see it, fault lies with people getting too hyper and too easily lead by forum postings about what is crap or not (and the people continually reporting opinion as if it was fact).

Wait for the game, and actually play it for more than 5 mins before making judgements. MMO's especially suffer as they are not designed to be licked in 12 hours like console or single player games, they are designed to last months and months, the two just can't be compared, yet people do.

Sorry that turned into a rant.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

I've followed both releases in NA/EU, L2's and Aion's.

I think NC is going to do way better this time in terms of localization and customer support, at least, the previous stages seem way more thought out than those in L2, where only Austin took care of that, and considering Austin didn't have any big title to handle back then.

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

I played Lineage 1 for almost 3 years and Lineage 2 , for 2 and half years. Ncsoft Korea / US in Lineage 1 adapted to the rapidly changing market well , they lost track and lost thier way with Lineage 2. In Lineage 1 I saw them go from badly neglected korean game , to the Lands of Aden. They tried hard to make that game home for US players but the market and odds was totally stack.

Lineage 2 was born into the MMORPG boom , Jake Song and Lord British , predicted it , saw  but didnt see the free to play market. Lineage 2 developers had to react to thier biggest market , Korea and Asia , as it was gobbled up and torn assurrended.

Ncsoft face massive hardships , stolen code, almost instant growth of bots , and massive changes in the American market (WoW's birthday)

8 years you got a different NCsoft one that is willing to adapt to US / Euro market , one that listening and trying to the company that changed mmorpg world in 90s. Will Aion do it? NCsoft has a talent for making games were you slaughter people , the castle defense and kingdoms never balanced out like DAOC, but straight up PVP they always had handle killing people.

I d buy Aion , I think Ncsoft deserves another shot .

• DawnJWDawnJW Member Posts: 108

All thigns come good. Patience... And view the Interviews. There they said that They make different Servers for NA/EU/USA for better Support.

Greets,

Dawn