Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL rating

SinfaySinfay Member UncommonPosts: 56

Looks like the asians figured out how the MMORPG.com rating works and wrote a macro

Comments

• TweejTweej Member UncommonPosts: 115

that would explain it... its just went up one more point when i chose to type this...

• Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200

Listen,..I'm asian, and even I am like,.wtf,..where'd these stupid wal-mart, send in 5 proofs of purchase, cereal box top, free-ware, enslaved intern exploited(hoping for an EA buyout), cheap nickel & dime you cash shop games come from and get so high on the ratings board?!

I visit MMORPG everyday as I always like to keep up on these things, but man,..I sure hope the above poster is wrong and there isn't an easy macro way to alter ratings.

ok,.rant over,..back to work : p

• LustriasLustrias Member Posts: 4

I am too still trying to figure out how it gets almost rated BETER then GW ....

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

Screw Guild Wars. It isn't even a real mmorpg! haha.

GO VOYAGE CENTURY! GO ASIANS! .. I have to say I am amazed with their passion. :) Good job, Asians.

• SinfaySinfay Member UncommonPosts: 56

I mean don't get me wrong it is a fun game and I played it for a while. It was just missing something for stickyness.

But when a company pays people to go to popular sites and do an all out forum/rating blitz it really turns folks off.

I remember Dark and Light did this and the backlash was tremendous.

It is as if people from outside North American  (and I am generalizing again sorry) thinks gamers from NA are too stupid to connect the dots of an army of day-old raters/forum posters padding ratings and making obvious "marketing" comments in forums.

• Nightdragon8Nightdragon8 Member Posts: 53

huh? ratings? I dont even look at them that much, generally i try the games myself, to see if i like them or not.

for me Voyage centery is good, it has a decent system, the problem is lack of intuitive play. plus things seem alittle stiff, I mean the boat combat I think is one of the best out there. Long before PotC and pirates of the burning sea was even out. Its just the game overall has something missing, I think its the lack of believeablity.

I think thats the reason I'm not 100% sure tho.

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

I gave this game a good score also ... Do not know why you keep complaining.

• gimperinngimperinn Member Posts: 7

ok i really like this game but GW is a lot better and i agree with lustrias about the rating almost getting as high as GW

and styx, GW is one of the top rated and most played mmorpg in the world and you say its not a real mmorp game??? DO YOU KNOW WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?!?

• roguetechroguetech Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by gimperinn

ok i really like this game but GW is a lot better and i agree with lustrias about the rating almost getting as high as GW
    and styx, GW is one of the top rated and most played mmorpg in the world and you say its not a real mmorp game??? DO YOU KNOW WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?!?

They're just refering to how it isn't a real MMO. See, a lot of people don't consider "massive multiplayer" to be massive number of people playing a game at the same time, but to actually mean a massive number of people playing a game at the same time together. For instance, a massive number of people could play Halo3 (or whatever), but doing so in groups of 5 or 10 people means it isn't a MMO. Granted, the counter-arguement is that a "massive" number of people play GW at the same time together in the cities, but the haters don't think that standing around in a city counts as "playing", since there's virtually nothing to do there that's any fun.

• Naraku430Naraku430 Member Posts: 11

High scores for "free" mmorpgs dont have to be from macros.  It's "free" so it attracts ppl that cant spend too much money on games (kids).

Therefore they see a decent game that they can play and go: WOW THIS IS TEH PWNAGE!!! because they've never played a decent subscription mmorpg.  

This game deserves an 8 rating if you compare it to other "free" mmorpgs, but games like guild wars or WoW are on a whole different level.  You can't expect them to invest enuf money for a good game if most of the players barely spend money on the cash shop.

• SimperFiSimperFi Member Posts: 108

Not entirely true. I've been in VCO 3 years and there are players here that stay here simply because they can treat people as they wish, because game support and moderators are just as corrupt as they are. There are some who spent a lot of money in here...in the THOUSANDS of US dollars simply because they wanted more control over the company so they could do as they wish and not get banned.

In truth this game in an insult and a disgrace to the gaming industry. I feel sorry for anyone who plays it, especially on the Columbus server. If you play, don't expect much help from support or the company at all. Most don't speak english and they aren't even from any english speaking countries.

• sonicwhipsonicwhip Member UncommonPosts: 117

i for one think snail games did a good job

• SimperFiSimperFi Member Posts: 108

Snail games needs a kick in the teeth. It's obvoius they've got a lot of their employees signing up for this and rating the damn thing. I"ve seen it before on other sites. They Cheat on THEIR OWN GAMES. And in their forums and websites they censor everything including their own employees. And I don't mean bad stuff, I mean whatever they want. Especially if it proves them to be corrupt. I've posted on their forums screens of their moderators destroying the game, killing unarmed players IN NON PVP ZONES for fun and stealing their items. ITEMS THEY PAID FOR AT THE ITEM MALL.

I've since retired from VCO, I've never encountered so much corruption and such a powerful example of the degredation of humanity as I have in this game and its parent company. I've wasted 3 years of my life in there and they never let me get above the 3rd rank until about 6 months ago. Many of the ppl that go around posting positive things work for the company, and are being paid to say those things.

Many players are afraid of their websites too. Apparently they use some kind of hack on Xfire to lure you into a website and get your personal info. Credit cards, criminal records, family, everything. I've heard and SEEN ppl go after each other in real life, I myself have been threatened personal harm by high ranking members of this company and I for one just won't sit there and watch this happen. Someone needs to stop IGG and their criminal actions. I mean, when people are going and fighting each other IN REAL LIFE over a game it's bad, but when a game company JOINS IN, that's the worst.

My good friend's husband played the game. he was abusive and controlling. he actually BRAINWASHED her just so he could have a guild in the game and ended up being part of a terrorist network that's using this game to train themselves for brainwashing and blending in with different cultures. Apparently VCO is a training ground for middle eastern terrorist and jihadists. She managed to get away from him, but when she told me this story I couldn't believe her, if I hadn't known her so well I don't think I would have believed it.

So tell me why a company and game like this should even be legal? The germans don't have this problem with their game. AND IT'S THE SAME GAME CALLED BOUNTY BAY ONLINE AND IT'S FREE.

• Captain_BondCaptain_Bond Member Posts: 1

I have played both games for extended periods. Bounty Bay for 1 year and VCO for over 2 years. I too am frustrated with everything about the game, The service, bugs, glitches, Lag, you name it. When i first started playing over 2 YEARS ago i contacted Live Support about the ship autofire not working. The response i got was "well just buy auto scrolls from the Item Mall". Then just recently they added auto planting cards to the Item Mall and suddenly it is a pain in the @ss to try and plant unless you buy the cards from the Item Mall COINCEDENCE??? i think not. When i contacted Live Support about this issue guess what they told me..."just buy auto planting card from the item mall". They also added another item to the Mall called "security lock". It protects you from losing a certain item for 30 days. I suffered several pk's since the new patch and lost several things that took me MONTHS and MILLIONS of silver to aquire. The games have a novel idea and would be fun to play if they worked the way they should. The rich and powerfull just keep getting more rich and powerfull, While the week keep supplying them with items and silver. I too have stopped playing and i hope others will do the same. If IGG can see the error in their ways maybe they will fix the problems and make it a fun game to play again. Instead they constantly find new ways to make you HAVE to spend your MONEY at the Item Mall to play a free game when they should be fixing bugs like ship autofire which hasn't worked for over the 2 years that i have been playing.

• Hkkid777Hkkid777 Member Posts: 12

I dont know i play this game for 2 years it was ok but it gets boring after a while but i did learn alot of geography from it and the guild systeam is great ! altho i found a lot of the elder played this game..........and the fact that theres no action in this game once so ever i mean ive read books more actiony than this game..................sadly......

^.^
    ><.><

• Mike215Mike215 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by SimperFi

Snail games needs a kick in the teeth. It's obvoius they've got a lot of their employees signing up for this and rating the damn thing. I"ve seen it before on other sites. They Cheat on THEIR OWN GAMES. And in their forums and websites they censor everything including their own employees. And I don't mean bad stuff, I mean whatever they want. Especially if it proves them to be corrupt. I've posted on their forums screens of their moderators destroying the game, killing unarmed players IN NON PVP ZONES for fun and stealing their items. ITEMS THEY PAID FOR AT THE ITEM MALL.

I've since retired from VCO, I've never encountered so much corruption and such a powerful example of the degredation of humanity as I have in this game and its parent company. I've wasted 3 years of my life in there and they never let me get above the 3rd rank until about 6 months ago. Many of the ppl that go around posting positive things work for the company, and are being paid to say those things.

Many players are afraid of their websites too. Apparently they use some kind of hack on Xfire to lure you into a website and get your personal info. Credit cards, criminal records, family, everything. I've heard and SEEN ppl go after each other in real life, I myself have been threatened personal harm by high ranking members of this company and I for one just won't sit there and watch this happen. Someone needs to stop IGG and their criminal actions. I mean, when people are going and fighting each other IN REAL LIFE over a game it's bad, but when a game company JOINS IN, that's the worst.

My good friend's husband played the game. he was abusive and controlling. he actually BRAINWASHED her just so he could have a guild in the game and ended up being part of a terrorist network that's using this game to train themselves for brainwashing and blending in with different cultures. Apparently VCO is a training ground for middle eastern terrorist and jihadists. She managed to get away from him, but when she told me this story I couldn't believe her, if I hadn't known her so well I don't think I would have believed it.

So tell me why a company and game like this should even be legal? The germans don't have this problem with their game. AND IT'S THE SAME GAME CALLED BOUNTY BAY ONLINE AND IT'S FREE.

Before I ask how you can type with a straight jacket on ....

I sorta laughed at your post --its quite entertaining --in a sorta realy odd way ....

But  looking for a kernal of truth at least somewhere --I went to check ouy BBO ...

Figured ..wow maybe its free....but seems they want you to pay to use it .

You sure your ok ??

Mikey .