Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My take on EVE

1235»

Comments

• Da1eDa1e Member Posts: 357
    Originally posted by Asteriveth

> than 200 posts for da1e and I think they are all in this thread.

If you do or don't like something thats fine, but why do so many people feel the need to convince others that their opinions are relevant?
    My god man less than an hours play time and you feel you have something to say that others should listen to. That is the definition of conceit.

you clearly haven't read up on this post as that isn't what we're talking about, so stop just trying to add to your post count.

and no, the majority of my posts are in my other thread, but funny joke? <- sarcasm.

----------------
    Hello!

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Originally posted by Da1e

STOP TELLING ME WHAT I ALREADY KNOW! It is really annoying, and you are just coughing up bits of information to make it look like your argument has some form of reason.(well, yours does, but that is irrelevant, as your argument is different to the other persons')
    I am well aware of the past, but THAT IS NOT WHY HE IS CRYING! He is crying because his game was changed, his OP stated this, so the business side of it has been left out from my argument because it doesn't need to be adressed.

I am not really sure what you are trying to imply in the "coughing up bits of information" statement. My comments have been consistent throughout these two threads. This thread is a little different as I have attempted to talk about Eve, the original topic as I understood it, throughout my responses. You have chosen to stay consistent with justifying your attack of people who dislike SOE. I would say the other person (I assume you are refering to Eschiava so correct me if I am wrong), has presented the same argument as myself, just in different words. Specifically, they went out of their way to explain where there perspective is coming from, relevant work experience, and how the business decision was bad. So, with that said, how can you make assumptions that they are only "crying" about the changes themselves? Once again you are presenting opinion as fact. Perhaps that last statement should have been "the business side of it has been left out from my argument because it doesn't support my case".

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• Da1eDa1e Member Posts: 357
    Originally posted by mklinic

STOP TELLING ME WHAT I ALREADY KNOW! It is really annoying, and you are just coughing up bits of information to make it look like your argument has some form of reason.(well, yours does, but that is irrelevant, as your argument is different to the other persons')
    I am well aware of the past, but THAT IS NOT WHY HE IS CRYING! He is crying because his game was changed, his OP stated this, so the business side of it has been left out from my argument because it doesn't need to be adressed.

I am not really sure what you are trying to imply in the "coughing up bits of information" statement. My comments have been consistent throughout these two threads. This thread is a little different as I have attempted to talk about Eve, the original topic as I understood it, throughout my responses. You have chosen to stay consistent with justifying your attack of people who dislike SOE. I would say the other person (I assume you are refering to Eschiava so correct me if I am wrong), has presented the same argument as myself, just in different words. Specifically, they went out of their way to explain where there perspective is coming from, relevant work experience, and how the business decision was bad. So, with that said, how can you make assumptions that they are only "crying" about the changes themselves? Once again you are presenting opinion as fact. Perhaps that last statement should have been "the business side of it has been left out from my argument because it doesn't support my case".

coughing up bits of information, simply stating something that I obviously already know, as if you're somehow better than me.

he quite clearly isn't , as his OP states his distaste due to his game being ruined.

the business side was left out because I am well aware of the business side, but if someone doesn't complain about it, why should I adress it? Support my case? What? that people should complain in the appropriate place and not hijack threads complaining about SOE (much like he did) ? I'm not really sure how the business side of SOE would support or not support my case....it's simply irrelevant, and he only brought it up after realising being upset about a game change for 2 years is maybe a bit embaressing.

just because he works in a business, doesn't mean additional game content comes under 'business' issues. it's gameplay. He initially complained about gameplay, not business. No lies, no cheating etc, simply gameplay.

Stop twisting the words to suit YOUR argument, then claiming that I am doing just that. You are manipulative, and think just because you are good with words, and the majority (in fact everyone here) is against me, that you can just make up truths.

I'm going to bed, I assume I will be issued with a warning or a ban and this thread will be locked by morning. Hopefully it will be locked, as I really don't want to carry this on because it goes around in circles and we will never agree.

----------------
    Hello!

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

coughing up bits of information, simply stating something that I obviously already know, as if you're somehow better than me.
    he quite clearly isn't , as his OP states his distaste due to his game being ruined.
    the business side was left out because I am well aware of the business side, but if someone doesn't complain about it, why should I adress it? Support my case? What? that people should complain in the appropriate place and not hijack threads complaining about SOE (much like he did) ? I'm not really sure how the business side of SOE would support or not support my case....it's simply irrelevant, and he only brought it up after realising being upset about a game change for 2 years is maybe a bit embaressing.
    just because he works in a business, doesn't mean additional game content comes under 'business' issues. it's gameplay. He initially complained about gameplay, not business. No lies, no cheating etc, simply gameplay.

Stop twisting the words to suit YOUR argument, then claiming that I am doing just that. You are manipulative, and think just because you are good with words, and the majority (in fact everyone here) is against me, that you can just make up truths.

I'm going to bed, I assume I will be issued with a warning or a ban and this thread will be locked by morning. Hopefully it will be locked, as I really don't want to carry this on because it goes around in circles and we will never agree.

There is very little information that you "obviously" know based on your responses. That said, the poster in question has provided additional information as the topic has progressed. That is generally what happens in a two way conversation so I am not sure how you can make assumptions as to his motivation (i.e. assuming he was embarrased by something).

On a more positive note, thank you for the compliment. I am glad you think I am good with words and I am sorry that you feel I am twisting words, but I certainly haven't intended to do that. That said, I have not made up anything and would love it if you could point out where I have so I can avoid that in the future.

Now for the one thing you have gotten right so far, this topic does go around in circles. Since you seem unwilling to ackowledge that people should be allowed to disclose their opinion of a publisher, it will definitely be tough to find agreement.

Sleep well and sorry to hear I won't be seeing you in Eve.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

All right Da!e, you win.

You see, I just got back after my dinner and it is now time for some EVE.  I would much rather spend my time there than here trying to educate you on the meaning of business practices or pointing out your logical inconsistencies clearly enough that you can't dance around or evade them, so, you win.

Aren't you proud?

• AsterivethAsteriveth Member UncommonPosts: 109

Originally posted by Asteriveth

> than 200 posts for da1e and I think they are all in this thread.

If you do or don't like something thats fine, but why do so many people feel the need to convince others that their opinions are relevant?
    My god man less than an hours play time and you feel you have something to say that others should listen to. That is the definition of conceit.

you clearly haven't read up on this post as that isn't what we're talking about, so stop just trying to add to your post count.

and no, the majority of my posts are in my other thread, but funny joke? <- sarcasm.

I have read every single post in this thread and yes it has changed topics, but my point is still relevant.

BTW do you really think that after 5 years and less than 100 posts my post count matters to me in the least?

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

The fact is, they changed the game, you didn't like the changes, you cry. I think any decent person would agree that 2 years of crying is ample, and it isn't a decent basis to 'hate' a business. dislike, yes, but 'hate' ....really....?

Your summary of the past, much like your review of this game, just points out how little of it you actually took the time to learn about and/or experienced.

You keep stating the only fact that the game was changed, but once again, you are leaving out the fact that product was sold, lies were told, product was immediately devalued due to aforementioned lies. That is a decent basis to warn others about a business. You also neglect to recognize that the massive game changes were repeated behavior for this company and that, as a result of that, the current distaste for said company is not just a knee-jerk reaction based on one adjustment.

Much like info about Eve, all this is readily available in the vet forum. If you really take issue with people's opinions of SOE, then I strongly urge you to educate yourself about the topics that have caused these people to act the way they do. It will certainly give you more credibility and, perhaps, lead to some reasonable conversation rather then people in numerous forums constantly correcting your misrepresentations.

so, if something relevant doesn't support your argument, then, it should be censored from the conversation, even THOUGH it is incredibly relevant, FACTUAL information?

interesting.  by the by, that is the definition of hypocrisy.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

so, we have now firmly established, in this thread, that you believe that all your opinions should be taken as fact, and, oh dear, you get quite upset and take it quite personally when everyone disagrees with obviously wrong and/or contradictory statements made by yourself in this post and others.  otherwise, maybe you'd have addressed all the questions asked to you, relevant to the op?  i mean, you DID spend an hour trying out a game, and we're just wondering what type of player you ARE, since you felt the need to post a review and defend said review for around a dozen pages, so far.

oh dear, oh dear, i hope that we can at least find out the proper pronunciation of your l33t speak name da1e.  does that 1 actually stand in place of a letter, or should it be considered as a separate vowel?

oh dear, you realize no one really sends you links directing you to this post and then forcing you to reply, correct?  this is not mandatory reading.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• CatheliousCathelious Member Posts: 1

This is a very interesting thread. I'm going to try not to post anything too controversial, i'm not really in the mood for a virtu-braul.

Firstly.. I picked up the trial of EVE 1 week ago today. I would estimate that i've put in approximately 20 hours of game play. (I know it's a lot but i'm on vacation with no money for a holiday!!)

I can safely say that having experienced what I have up until now, and accumulating a mere 15 million ISK and about 5 ships would most certainly not give me viable experience to set about writing an accurate review on the game. Reviewers of MMORPGS generally don't review a game after spending 1 hour fumbling around as you generally do in most games.. Wether it be (getting used to the map, the movement keys, setting your Graphics options pleasingly, adjusting your sound, working out any hotkeys and setting up your actionbars etc etc) .

Most "proper" reviewers make an effort to infact attempt to play the game for a certain amount of time. wether they are asked to test it for a week, or maybe/probably more.

I'd be tempted to say that your review reminded me more of someone who didnt have a clue what the game was about, and wasn't even interested in working out WHAT it was about or making any attempts to do so. A review of that nature is bound to be scoffed at by anyone who's got half a brain and has actually played the game for any length of time.

As a long time WoW player and FFXI and EnB and other games,  I could put you together very decent reviews of each with pro's and con's i'd discovered. However, you stated yourself that you went into the game not expecting much from a "Sci-fi" game, and evidently made no attempt to familiarise yourself with it.

i have played predominantly Fantasy based games, with the exception of Earth and Beyond. I went into EVE *KNOWING* that the game wasn't something that i'd log into and see "DING" flashes on my screen when I levelled up and so on. I also researched enough to know that the game itself was for the majority a player run game, players controlling trade and what not.

I would HATE to write a review for EVE right now. Because I know that my perception of the game is still changing on a daily, if not hourly rate. There is a depth to the game that i've never experienced before.

On the subject of Publisher/Game company boycotting. i completely stand by peoples wish to do that aswell. I used to be a long time player of Earth and Beyond (Westwood Studios) - until they were purchased by EA Games. After owning Westwood and their property for much too little time, they pulled the plug on EnB. I vowed i wouldn't buy a game made by EA because of the way they handled that situation... With the exception of a christmas gift of Crysis, I haven't touched an EA game.

On the subject of Censorship, this is just political correctness gone mad. How you can think that because someone with a wealth of experience in a game you tried to review after an hour tries to dig a little deeper into your review, and poke at your thoughts on the matter is trying to Censor you really indicates some issues. Sure, you have a right to say what you want. thats is the wonderful freedom that the *Bush quote "Internets" * provides us. but coming back and replying to peoples dislike about your 1 hour review and relating them to Nazi's is ridiculous.

A word of advice for you Da1e... if you're going to try a game and decide to review it give it some time. Or even better. if you play a game you don't THINK you're going to like in the first place, because you don't like SCI-FI - - don't even bother reviewing it! Your opinion of a 1 hour review playing a game you didn't expect to like, and shockingly you didn't ,won't win you any friends, and will get you some less than inviting responses.

as a parting statement. or even question.. I'd love to know what you expected from a MMO "SIM" like this..  You mentioned that it felt slow, things didn't happen quickly. You sound like a WOW Clone fanboi if im honest. And I think it's best you stick with the type of game your used to and leave the game that require a degree of mental capacity and a will to progress without being fed with a silver spoon to the people that can handle it. You're piloting a Space craft in EVE... I just bought a destroyer.. the thing weighs an insane amount!  it's like 2 million KG - - Do you really expect something that big to turn on a dime ? surely you can't. Do you expect a warp drive to spin up in 2ms and propel you to your destination quest hand in in seconds?

I might have missed the boat on this thread. but I read the whole lot and decided to give me 2 cents on the matter :)

tata! - Cath

• JT1228JT1228 Member Posts: 23

This is what I dont get with people who bitch about "space" not being "alive" in eve, graphics wise,  ITS SPACE people, next time when its a clear night, look up, Lots going on up there eh? Give me a break.

Originally posted by JT1228

This is what I dont get with people who bitch about "space" not being "alive" in eve, graphics wise,  ITS SPACE people, next time when its a clear night, look up, Lots going on up there eh? Give me a break.

that is a weird concept -- "oh there's not a lot to see, it's empty space".

well yeah, it's empty, unless you're actually next to a station or celestial body; and then you see THOSE items.  plus, there's all sorts of different cloud-type effects (nebulae?) as you are cruising around.  for it being space, there is actually a lot TO see, if you look around.  i normally don't look around. 

but, i'm curious, da1e, substituting numbers for letters is normally considered "leet speak"; otherwise, it would just be letters.  now if it had been dale1, that could mean that dale had been already taken...

some people have to be in control and will defend even a wrong "idea/concept" to the death because it was THEIR idea/concept, therefore, it must be correct and everyone else must be brought into line.  hence, the goldfish syndrome, where it is alright to make contradictory statements and ignore factual information that does not agree with YOUR idea/concept.

and to the guy a few posts above that added a well-thought out post -- nope, you didn't misunderstand this thread, you hit the nail on the head -- he played for an hour and is calling people nazi censors because da-wun-eh made comments that showed he knew nothing about the game he was reviewing and people were either correcting him, or asking him further questions and that thoroughly upset dA-wun-E for some unknown reason.  godwin ftw!

by the by, the inappropriate usage of "nazi" or "hitler", like if someone called someone who disagreed with a nonsensical statement, a nazi... that would invoke godwin, and the nazi-caller would automatically have lost the debate.

sorry Da-wun-eh, it's a law, you lost the debate a long time ago and i did call Godwin at the time. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Godwin's law

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1] is an adage formulated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states:[2][3]

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Godwin's Law is often cited in online discussions as a caution against the use of inflammatory rhetoric or exaggerated comparisons, and is often conflated with fallacious arguments of the reductio ad Hitlerum form.

The rule does not make any statement whether any particular reference or comparison to Hitler or the Nazis might be appropriate, but only asserts that one arising is increasingly probable. It is precisely because such a comparison or reference may sometimes be appropriate, Godwin has argued[4] that overuse of Nazi and Hitler comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact. Although in one of its early forms Godwin's Law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions,[5] the law is now applied to any threaded online discussion: electronic mailing lists, message boards, chat rooms, and more recently blog comment threads and wiki talk pages.

Contents

[hide]
    //<![CDATA[
    if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = "show"; var tocHideText = "hide"; showTocToggle(); }
    //]]>

[edit] Corollaries and usage

There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself)[2] than others invented later.[1] For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's Law. It is considered poor form to raise such a comparison arbitrarily with the motive of ending the thread. There is a widely recognized codicil that any such ulterior-motive invocation of Godwin's law will be unsuccessful (this is sometimes referred to as "Quirk's Exception").[6]

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

That's real space. It's interesting because it is our universe. A black empty void with a few stars in it isn't interesting to look at in itself. It's pretty uninspiring.

Originally posted by Mahlo

That's real space. It's interesting because it is our universe. A black empty void with a few stars in it isn't interesting to look at in itself. It's pretty uninspiring.

maybe that's why people say it's a spreadsheet game?

i mean, if you're just zooming around, you really don't see a lot, going at warp speed, but when you slow down, there are celestial bodies, nebulae, chunks of machinery, etc.  picture looking thru the view screen thingie on star trek... while warping you DON'T see much of anything, it's when you slow down that bodies come into focus.  that's what eve has.

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

I always assumed it has been dubbed a spreadsheet game because of the overview, market, etc.

I look at TV shows like Star Trek.  The only thing the viewport was there for is the visual impact on the audience.  The running of the ship took place at various computer consoles.

Considering all of the controls needed to play EVE, I think the overview was a work of genius!  I am sure that many will disagree, but that's my take on it anyway.  ;)

• RazureRazure Member Posts: 5

*rubs temples* I think my head might explode.

Da1e, or Dale, or da-wun-ee, or whatever the hell your name is, just stop posting. Just stop. All youe doing is digging a bigger hole to lie in. damian7, you are a life saver (not the candy, although that would be 'L33t'-to the anti-l33t, that means 'awesome')

Godwins Law is great, I should remember that for all time. It means that this guy has actually been digging himself a deeper grave. I just can't get over that.

Space is a strange place, and from Earth we can't see much (on the surface, given the atmosphere, the times we actually see the stars, light pollution, and your run-of-the-mill greenhouse gases) and what we can see is a bit blurry. All hail Hubble and the other dozens of fine spectrum-seeing devices orbiting Earth. Sorry, couldn't think of anything other than Hubble, brain is too crammed is contradictions and hypcrisy.

Now, I'm sure there is something else I need to rant about....AH YES. EvE? Spreadsheet? Sometimes I have to agree; Price History is gibberish to me. All I see there is a big graph with numbers and times.

Umm, on the subject of researching games....No one kill me, but I swear to the heavens I just pressed an random advert for EvE.

It looked really cool! What?! Anyway, probably the only ad I'm glad I clicked. Those first two weeks really got me into the game, and when I was over I didn't really miss it much; I hadn't played a really good MMO ever and I played non-stop for the 14 days.

Then a long time after, I started to miss it. Years after my first trial, I sit proudly on five months of experience.

I can't give a review though; there's a whole galaxy left to explore.

Da1e, why did you try it ANYWAY?! Seriously, in the OP, you say you were skeptical about actually liking the game, and yet you tried it anyways. After an hour, you scramble to quit, and decide its infinitely necessary to post a review based on an hour of play.

I've brought that up before, now I bring up something I almost screamed when I read it; you said that an hour's worth of game-time is better than nothing, and submitting a review on either is equally bad. I know I didn't that completely correct, but the point is made.

WHY IN THE NAME OF ANY DIVINITY OUT THERE WOULD YOU EVEN THINK OF SAYING THAT?!

Think of it, go ahead, but seriously, (I'll get nazi censorship for this, but you know what, he said it first, Godwins Law. Own3d. L33tspeak. Own3d again) I can't even wrap my head around the logic. I know I'm restating what people have before, but play the trial, THEN submit a well-though out review outlining everything you did and did not like. Submitting one based on an hour, is completly stupid.

That tells me the following:

1) You don't give a flying (insert curse here) about the game

2) You couldn't get through the tutorial that takes twenty minutes, with step by step instructions on what to do.

3) You require absolute and constant attention from experts (I mean people who have carriers) to hld your hand all the time, yet they would like nothing more than to pod your n00b ass.

4) The concept of using a mouse for all commands is too hard to grasp, and you are lost without your macro to automatically slaughter everything in sight

5A) Having an experience-based system where you can sit in front of your computer all night grinding the same level enemies until you can move onto the next is 'the norm' for you

5B) Perhaps the opposite of A, you want instantaneous access to everything, allowing to uberpwn the sshite out of all ur enem33z

I could list more, I just don't care. Also, your obsession with proving that SOE is innocent and did nothing to break the law astounds me, given that this thread is based on EvE. Stick to the right flame guy.

CCP? Cheating? Could someone explain this debacle I obviously missed? Also, maybe someone explain the whole SOE launching an expansion and stuff and people being scammed. Preferably someone who is NOT prejudiced/biased to a side of either situation. Might help me break this down.

I know I'm missing something....Oh yeah. Censorship? Actually, I won't bother.

What else could I have missed...........

Right....people are sick of your constant 'stop twisting my words so I can blame your censorship' or whatever the hell it is your spamming and actually answer the questions that were put up. What is your take on cosy's questions? Did you in fact look fot help in-game?

Did you look up the game before trying it? Did you just jump in hoping for a good time like me? (Trust me, I'm glad I did) Do you even know the facts about EvE? (couldn't resist. I had to say it.) What do you KNOW about EvE, and say everything. Exclude racial comments/flame/stupidity/contradictions/hypocricy/whatever. Just list what you did and did not like about EvE Online. That's it. We'll work out everything else eventually.

PS- Please don't go on about censorship, or nazis. If I have to read something about a political party back in 1930-45, and know the fact that they slaughtered millions of people just because of what they looked like and what they believed in, I don't think I will have much in the way of tolerance for your words. Seriously, before you start throwing names around, do some research. We learn history to never make the same mistakes as people did before. Obviously not many people care about history, or simply never learned anything.

Razure

• FinwolvenFinwolven Member Posts: 289

*brain-going-into-meltdown-for-having-to-agree-with-Damian7*

Good call of godwins, Damian.

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

Originally posted by damian7
    Originally posted by Da1e Well,
    I recently embarked on the EVE free trial, sadly it's not for me. it's not for a lot of people.  it's not a 'mommy hold my hand and make my booboos better' game. and that IS why this game kicks ass!
    I liked the initial stages (creating), as when I was creating it really felt like I could change everything and had a lot of choices. people play COX for the costume creator. 
    However, I was skeptical about the scifi space theme from the start, but I gave it a shot anyway.   here, i keep reading "i figured i wouldn't like it"
    Unfortunately I couldn't get into it, and by the time I first had to dock my ship I felt myself scrambling for the exit button. I simply couldn't take it.
    I can see why people would like it;
    large area to explore
    customizable ships
    PvP
    but I was hung up on the things I didn't like;
    combat (yes, all it is is selecting what you want to fire at and watching little blobs of light shoot from one ship to another, lifeless imo)  what were you fighting? just curious, my response will probably be the same no matter your answer.
    the hard controls, there should be a WASD option of movement as well as simply click to move the hard controls? i honestly don't know what you're saying.  you didn't like the "orbit at X clicks from target" or the "approach target" options?  the only time you're really manually moving is during combat.
    the graphics. although the distance is just stars and planets, I feel they were a bit lifeless, and the foreground wasn't particularly stunning. I realise that intricate details would be hard because of the large space and many objects on screen, but my space ship was just a cardboard box painted grey (no it wasn't my graphics settings) and the planets were nothing like what I was expecting. if you were using the premium trinity package, then yes, it was your graphics setting, the graphics are definitely something eve is known for.
    no levels. I like having some form of progression, not just building a better ship. I like levels because it makes me feel like im playing for a reason, rather than just being there. you have levels. every skill has 5 levels and many skills open up new, advanced skills. there is no better game for a feeling of progression and accomplishment as eve.  there's around 400 different skills you CAN train.  there are many skills related to industry/crafting/research/etc.  there are skills for stealth mods, skills for all sorts of different weapons (including drone types, lasers/guns, missiles/bombs), all sorts of armor/shields.  there are very few games that have the skill depth of eve.  again, this isn't easy-peasy, mommyholdmyhand WoW.  Thank God for small favors.  Although Eve does have it's share of mouth-breathers and assclowns.

Sorry EVE fans, but I just don't see the massive attraction in it. I think i'm going to stick to regular fantasy mmorpgs for now, or at least one where you get a character. which is one of the reasons i'm sticking it out with eve; by the time the human avatars get released in the winter patch, i'll have eleventy bazillion SP. honestly, it's also THE reason that a lot of kids and pervs don't play -- they can't make some sexy gurl toon dance nakie for them.
    EVE isn't a bad game, I'm not insulting it, and it obviously suits many, but it was just too slow moving for me and it made me want to rip my hair out. =p slow eh? that's rich.

Ever heard about *respecting other peoples opinion*? guess not.

• NathbonnNathbonn Member Posts: 9

That review is exactly how I felt with the free trial, no doubt this game has massive appeal, and I do actually think I would like the game if I got through the first month without killing myself, the game is deep, alot of thinking involved until the game interface becomes natural to you over time.

My question is, should a "game" make you feel like this? also travelling, I linked up with some people and warped to a mining place, I thought it would be like, hit warp and you are there, ooooh no, took like an hour to get there, made dinner and stuff while it was in warp, that to me is a massive flaw. it does not feel like you are actually playing the game most of the time.

Can see the attraction but definitly not for everyone.

• ProdudeProdude Member Posts: 353
    Originally posted by Nathbonn

That review is exactly how I felt with the free trial, no doubt this game has massive appeal, and I do actually think I would like the game if I got through the first month without killing myself, the game is deep, alot of thinking involved until the game interface becomes natural to you over time.

My question is, should a "game" make you feel like this? also travelling, I linked up with some people and warped to a mining place, I thought it would be like, hit warp and you are there, ooooh no, took like an hour to get there, made dinner and stuff while it was in warp, that to me is a massive flaw. it does not feel like you are actually playing the game most of the time.

Can see the attraction but definitly not for everyone.

My experience has been the same. I have posted on EVE with similar response. Have played the Free Trial 3 times. The Tutorial is involving but once out on your own the description above is accurate for me . I have only played this game solo. I have attempted to get into a group situation. I see others in chat. I attempt to converse with them but have never gotten even ONE response. I can't say that playing with a group would make the experience better as a result. After 3 attempts over a 6 month period it got old. With that, I agree with Nashbonn's last sentence..."

it does not feel like you are actually playing the game most of the time".

• DrafellDrafell Member Posts: 588

EvE does what it does well and caters for it's own style and niche, but it is certainly not for everyone.

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Eve is a very special game, you cant say you really tried the game unless  you've been in 0.0 and did a couple of alliance battles. Participatign in the destruction of a titan was the greatest sense of achievment I ever got playing a game. Had to give up though, participating in daily home defense ops. Getting ganked everytime I wander to explore. This game is great for those that really like organised gameplay.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.