Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does everybody hate it???

k_brok_bro Member Posts: 11

I think dofus is a brill game although i must admit people who are better than others always kill them especially ecfalips using there damn bluff, oh and they missed a character race of the list  pandwanas'drunkies'but apart from people who kill you its a good game ive played on dofus for ages now its a pretty good game9/10 rating from me its a game easy to get used to but it does get boring unless you have a subscription from about lv 18+ ideal game for new gamers and i want to give help to those who find it difficult so email me if you're not a member on here [email protected]  And anyone who needs advice!!!

K and K jr

Comments

• LeCompte19LeCompte19 Member Posts: 9
    This was one of the MMORPG's that I tried out when taking a break from WoW. I gave it two weeks trial run, and I found that it was terrible. I felt like I was playing a pokemon type game.
  • k_brok_bro Member Posts: 11

You saying theres something wrong with pokemon????? if it was that bad they wouldn't have made billions of pounds already!!!

POKEMON FOREVER

k and k jr

massive pokemon fans

• legend55legend55 Member Posts: 155

yea k_bro is right if is it that bad why are million gamers playing it

if you compare with WoW then you are dumb WoW is total different game

POKéMON RULEZ

• HjorthHjorth Member Posts: 23

I love this game like no other i have ever played. So don't get to down beacuse of one who doesn't.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by k_bro

I think dofus is a brill game although i must admit people who are better than others always kill them especially ecfalips using there damn bluff, oh and they missed a character race of the list  pandwanas'drunkies'but apart from people who kill you its a good game ive played on dofus for ages now its a pretty good game9/10 rating from me its a game easy to get used to but it does get boring unless you have a subscription from about lv 18+ ideal game for new gamers and i want to give help to those who find it difficult so email me if you're not a member on here [email protected]  And anyone who needs advice!!!

K and K jr

What the hell is a brill game? 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• HjorthHjorth Member Posts: 23

I think he means brilliant game...

• SebsokKSebsokK Member UncommonPosts: 9

Well I do play Dofus as well, and I don't really think we are all Pokemon Fans...

There are some mature players as well. Dofus has a very young community due to the fact that it's free at the beginning (and you can play A LOT before actually having to go P2P, more than a month) and then the monthly fee is very cheap.

But if you find a guild with experienced players and older players, you'll be able to discover a brand new MMORPG experience.

There are so many things that are soooo different in Dofus compared to other MMORPG, starting with the turn based combat system, the unique classes, the background...

At the beginning, I had troubles dropping stuff, but when I understood that the more players you are in a fight, the more chances you've got to drop, it all became easier.

Just give it a try, it's free and fast to download anyway, and try to find a mature guild which will really help you. You'll see Dofus can become quite addictive

• gedecegedece Member Posts: 24

I'm playing dofus as well, and let me tell you, the surface really fools people to think it's a kid's game, but beneath the hood it's where it shines. you have to manually distribute your stats, as well as decide wich skills to power up. The equips not only give bonuses, but also some of them form sets, that when you equip more than one piece a set, give even more set bonuses. For paying members, the pets give even more bonuses, so you can end up with unique characters, that you can play the way you play, and not the way the programmers fixed them to be played.

And the combats, they are amazing, if you ever played the absolutely brilliant Final Fantasy Tactics on a PS1, you'll understand what a well thought turn based system can deliver in terms of strategy, character interaction and monster variety. I'm not saying it works exactly like FFT, because it has it's own pace and feel, but the depth it can give to a experienced player is simply amazing.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

why do people hate this game.....

mabey becuase you have to pay to play what amounts to a super nintendo game

turned based combat.....wow must be some fast paced action there

so mabey theres more to dufus online than in some asian grinder mmo's but if you paying $6 a month for this garbage you might as well fork over a few more and play a real game, but i guess some people dont have the best computer (save the $6 toward a graphics card?) or have invested too much time in this game to give it up so i guess that explains why some people love it

• PeretzPeretz Member Posts: 2

I liked this game pretty much (actually this is the only one MMO RPG which I liked for its nice gameplay and small client) untill the very moment when my account was robbed and support was not very helpful.

I am not complaining, just feel what I felt that nice morning when I logged in to my account (level 58)to see it absolutely naked ? After three to four months of everyday playing...

It is still not recovered and probably will never be. And I have no desire to start it all over again. To continue - yes, but not to start again.

Ah... yes, monthly fee... For me it was quite ok.

• bboneheaddbboneheadd Member Posts: 116

Great game Dofus is, I have a lvl 54 sadida lvl  farming and bakery lvl 100 and alot of gear lol would still be playing it but I can't get membership because audio code has been down for months now and I'm pretty sure they are not working to fix that at all

• Hunters14Hunters14 Member Posts: 5

The graphics is not much appealing for me.

• MMODonMMODon Member Posts: 14

I love dofus yeah the graphics are not the best, but the generally content of the game is very good, excellent class's and a very nice craft and trade system.

• JustinfinityJustinfinity Member Posts: 1

I love dofus. I can understand why some people wouldn't like the turn based part or like the graphics, but personally, I like both of those. Turn based is fun to me, I can't tell you why, but I like it. And the graphics are nice. I think the classes are original and i've had a good experience with the game. My only complaint is the armor. I wish there was more armor and it looked cooler.

Fire Pandawas FTW

• ZerocydeZerocyde Member UncommonPosts: 412

What?

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Everybody hate it? What are you talking about? Dofus is the 2nd MMO in total number of subscribers. Check here: http://www.mmodata.net

Ankama, in contrast to many other developers, has brains and understands the market, that's why the game is turn based. Maybe most people prefer real time games but if 99.9% of the market is already full of these games, but only 1 game does turn based, who wins? Ankama ;)

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• jeven_929jeven_929 Member Posts: 3

..........no no no  do you know  a lot player in franch  i think about 1m player in Dofus

• TitiMinyTitiMiny Member Posts: 10

Well it was supposely free,with limited things. I heard on t.v a little 8 year old guy was playing free,and after almost no time they sent a bill to his parents. He didn't subscribe or anything,he was playing free,then why the heck did they sent a bill to his parents for it? xD;;

Anyways the reason why people would hate it. .  .

I think it's not a bad game but some people will get easily bored over it.

A few friends of mine played. The first time they disconnected they could never log back in and got banned.

What did they do? Nothing beside they went offline for 2 hours.

Also they proclaim the game ''Free'' after that.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

well, the game seems to be 'francocentric' so if you dont speak french you definitely will have problems..especially if you need to talk to a gm etc.. the graphics..  are... undemanding.. so you can probably run this on a netbook.. but the common age group is very young.. granted there are some maturer players but they tend to be the parents etc of the 'tweenies' think the average age for most of the players is 8-14 .. very young basically..  its a game thats probably worth trying.. but its not one that i can recommend as longevity wise.. it just doesnt have it.

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

I actually payed to play this one for a little while and spent some money on it, and I usually absolutely hate that type of combat in other games, but tolerated it in this one because it is timed I guess. Before I quit I just felt like it was too grindy, and I was beginning to get bored of the game. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• andrew24pandrew24p Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by sullivanj69

Originally posted by k_bro

K and K jr

What the hell is a brill game? 

short for brilliant (credit to urban dictionary) I can has cookies ?

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

actually, as much as i hate classic MMO styles, which Dofus is, i must give credit to Ankama Studio for making it more different than most F2P games

i personally like Dofus visually and mechanics wise, but i never really bothered to download the game as i was playing WoW and EvE before, and always thought that playing Dofus will just be stupid,

but i quit EvE and WoW around last year and since im waiting for GW2, i finally gave Dofus a try

from what i know so far, Dofus is unique in it's own way:

it's small, yet it's complex

merchant mode when offline

you can barter stuff when you got no money which is quite nice imo

you can actually control Amakna

a lot of craft jobs, like baker and even a shoemaker

and etc

overall, for me, this game is good for those who wants to quit hardcore mmo and just enjoy some light MMO on the go, or to fill time at midnight

community is also okay.. not the best, but it's alive, for a game that is 5 years old, it's acceptable

and i never play a pokemon game before ( but from what i know, it's way different than the NDA pokemon game.. it;s not even on the same league )

So What Now?

• massaffectedmassaffected Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Deleted User

Everybody hate it? What are you talking about? Dofus is the 2nd MMO in total number of subscribers. Check here: http://www.mmodata.net

Ankama, in contrast to many other developers, has brains and understands the market, that's why the game is turn based. Maybe most people prefer real time games but if 99.9% of the market is already full of these games, but only 1 game does turn based, who wins? Ankama ;)

I seem to recall the MMO Atlantica Online also having turn-based combat. (Also, all these grammatical errors!)

• PyroGoddessPyroGoddess Member Posts: 3

I don't hate this game.  In fact, I'm addicted to it.  Haha.  I usually pay to play during summertimes, but then again, I'm an impulsive person.  One week, I'll be playing at least 10 hours a day.  Next week, I'm totally bored by it, just bullshitting around, not even playing at my best at anything.  In other words, I get bored easily.  However, I have my certain demons, and this game does help me keep these demons at bay.  I still enjoy it.  I just wish I could afford to pay.  :(  damn these bills.

• SouzetsuAeriSouzetsuAeri Member UncommonPosts: 120

I liked the game but I could never stick to it. It was repetitive like Maple Story and it felt like a major time sink just to get anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.