Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP Prevents me from playing

lowthronlowthron Member Posts: 7

I would love to pay for and play this game, but do not enjoy pvp. I  look forward to the day when i find a pirate game with this quality @ depth that offers a way to avoid pvp.   I tried potbs, and tho it is a beautiful bug free game, it has nowhere near the depth of this or vcol.   I will keep waiting and watching, hoping the devs find a way.

Comments

• CaptAntillusCaptAntillus Member Posts: 58

If you don´t like PvP, you will be protected against it in BBO or VCO. In DaGama&Cook server in VCO there is a guild known for shelter non-PvP players, and even notorious pirates respect it.

Besides, you´ll be protected by law. Usually, there is no free PK in VCO/BBO, if a player kill another he is red named and has to go to jail to get rid of it. So, people usually avoid killing at will.

Play VCO/BBO(in that order), you will have lots of fun.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

there are item mall items that can reduce the loses from pvp i think

• hawaiimanhawaiiman Member Posts: 70

there isnt going to be a single game that has no pvp in it whatsoever and it is definetly not going to be a pirate game.  The closest thing to no pvp that has by far the bets pve in the world is Lord Of The Rings Online. You should definetly check that out.

• AbbababaAbbababa Member Posts: 13

The pardon Decree in BBO Item mall makes this game nothing but a gathering of aggresive IM nazis with credit cards seeing PK-ing as only beuty in this game. I hear in VCO they don't sell that crap in IM and you acctually need to go to jail if you PK.

• AzazeralAzazeral Member Posts: 1

You want no PVP in a pirate game... why don't you just get Sid Meier's pirates and open up messenger you would get the same effect.  I am tired of carebears that really just want to play a single player RPG with a chat option screwing up games for people that want PVP interaction. 

• SpiritMan49SpiritMan49 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Azazeral

You want no PVP in a pirate game... why don't you just get Sid Meier's pirates and open up messenger you would get the same effect.  I am tired of carebears that really just want to play a single player RPG with a chat option screwing up games for people that want PVP interaction. 

I'm just as tired of high level players PKing noobs who just want to get somewhere. Why do people get enjoyment out of one-shotting new players?

I have nothing against PVP but there should be a system that prevents players many levels higher killing lowbies. It happens too often in games and destroys any enjoyment a new player may have. Example: Go play Eve Online and see how many new players are stuck in the tiny high security areas because they are dead if they leave it. Try WOW or Everquest and see how few people play on the PVP servers.

It's often not that people don;t want to PVP, it's more often that high level players think it's fun to constantly PK lowbies because they are easy prey.

In BB, I start in Alexandria, I explore and get halfway around the world, finding new ports etc, only to get one shotted by someone 10 levels higher than me. That was a waste of time because I'm now back in Alexandria. Oh what fun... NOT!

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by lowthron

I would love to pay for and play this game, but do not enjoy pvp.

VC/BBO, PKO/TOP, PotBS, WOP, PotCO, Puzzle Pirates .... only the last two really have avoidable PVP, but they all still have it,

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?