Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next "star wars kid" confirmed.

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

www.youtube.com/watch

This kid has a bright future ahead of him....or maybe not.

Comments

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

Didn't we all do this crap when we were little and thought we were cool for doing it?

Anyone remember cap guns?

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Did he make all that himself?

Thats actually pretty impressive, considering his age especially *looks young*

A bit geeky, but very impressive

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

I see intelligence, creativity, and ingenuity - what am I supposed to see?

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

the kid is smart and obviously good with his hands if he can make replicas that look that good.(some of them were iffy, but the majority were good) Hes got a good hobby too, he might go far in the world.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Wickersham

Agreed.  Kid does something pretty cool, the way my brothers did when they were little, and somebody tries to make it seem like the kid is doing something wrong.   Not cool.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Yall know yall can't believe everything that's on youtube. He might didn't make all those things. I mean it is impressive, but not everything is original when said. Well you know what I mean.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

His parents are so lame that they not only encourage stuff like that, but record it and put it on youtube, so I can't believe they let him play games as violent as the HALO series.

• SagaBoySagaBoy Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by Enigma

indeed

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

First of all, where did you get that his parents recorded it ? Ever heard of a tripod ?

Second he's a geek, no doubt about it. Third there is nothing wrong with being a geek.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Airspell

First of all, where did you get that his parents recorded it ? Ever heard of a tripod ?
    Second he's a geek, no doubt about it. Third there is nothing wrong with being a geek.

That's what the star wars kid thought too.

Well, before he had to be under psychiatric care due to all the stress and negative attention after his video was put on the internet.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by Airspell

That's what the star wars kid thought too.

Well, before he had to be under psychiatric care due to all the stress and negative attention after his video was put on the internet.

Thats a different story.  They can't be held responsible for other peoples actions, ie people who drove them to insanity.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Have we really come to the point where we're mocking little guys for beings "geeks?" So what? Let him do what he wants.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

If it doesn't hurt anyone why does anyone get negative?

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

www.youtube.com/watch

I totally agree.

bright future scenario = scholarship to MIT

not bright scenario = he suffocates under a suit of bubble wrap

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Give him 15 more years he will have more money then all of us.

yup, teabagging is both intelligent and creative. It's not the fact he made those things that is funny, it's how he presents them.

He's a kid, what do you expect? A detailed tour with free martinis and cheese snacks?

Originally posted by Lydon

He's a kid, what do you expect? A detailed tour with free martinis and cheese snacks?

Really? When I was a kid I wasn't making videos like this and putting them on the internet for the whole wide world to see, especialy not on a place like youtube.

in fact, I don't expect any kid of his age to make these kind of videos to put them on youtube.

Really? When I was a kid I wasn't making videos like this and putting them on the internet for the whole wide world to see, especialy not on a place like youtube.
    in fact, I don't expect any kid of his age to make these kind of videos to put them on youtube.

When you were a kid was there even such a thing as youtube?

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

Oh, I get it now. You're concerned about the backlash from web exposure.

I'm not sure how I missed that. Maybe linking the video brought your motives into question.

Originally posted by Lydon

When you were a kid was there even such a thing as youtube?

I think p2p software was around.

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

www.youtube.com/watch

Yeah, I'm sure somebody is out there thinking this kid is a nerdy lamer.

I'm sure somebody thought the same shit about Bill Gates, too.  Or the guy next door who is making big bucks at a tech job.  I'm not saying this kind of geekiness automatically leads to a good life, but you never know.  This ain't good or bad to me.  Just a kid being a kid.

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

yup, teabagging is both intelligent and creative. It's not the fact he made those things that is funny, it's how he presents them.

I didn't watch the whole thing - i skimmed it.  All I saw was a kid showing off the stuff he made and i got bored and started flipping forward.

I got bored because it was a video of a kid showing off the stuff he made and it really wasn't very interesting to me because I don't know the kid and I understand that he is just a kid and that kids do that sort of thing.

I don't hold children to the same standards that I hold adults and I give children a lot of credit because I understand that they are still developing.

I never understood the starwars kid phenomenon - all I saw was a kid acting like a kid.

Sorry fella, it's over my head and I just don't get it.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

I read some of the vicious negative posts on you tube and just shook my head.

First off he's a kid, and kids are allowed to be geeky and into star wars and halo. He is also showing a lot of motivation and creativity which will serve him well in the future and he should be encouraged to pursue his hobbies with vigor. Some day he may become a talented special effects designer or engineer or machinist.

Now if this were a 30 year old guy behaving like this, participating in one of those live fantasy roleplaying battles all dressed up as an orc or elf or star trooper, then go ahead and make fun of them, because they need to get a life.