Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like things are looking up over here...

2»

Comments

• CorneiliiCorneilii Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by shane910

Originally posted by Kemarik

Hey, somebody who read his last two posts, can you tell me if he complained about how much things cost and how long they take to make?

What the hell does that have to do with anything?   Think we found the real troll.  Reguardless of complaining or not dosen't mean that I demanded these changes I said what I don't like said why and that I am not playing it.

You move on if you don't like the fact that I don't like the game in it's current state ..cause I don't care if you agree or dissagree with me.  Didn't post for you, posted for me so they would atleast know my feelings on why I am not playing.  This way they can atleast know that SOME players think that that area of the game needs improvement.  If they use my suggestions or not I don't care, as long as some improvements are made in those areas. 

If they don't try to fix it ohh well.  Then I just won't play the game.  Pretty simple I thought.

Shane

You sound like my ex-wife. It's time to move on bub.

• StugramStugram Member Posts: 18

Yeah, the real troll eh.

Heck, that couldn't be the guy who after months of not playing after his sweeping changes were rejected, starts a thread with this title: "Looks like things are looking up over here ... " and then proceeds to open the discussion with this "LOL.   Look at these topics.  Such a sad state this game is in...".

Why not just admit that you bought a game you didn't like? Surely that must be the case, you joined up and within a couple of weeks you were recommending changes that would alter the entire nature of the game. Instead of just realising 'hey, I don't like this game ... its not for me " you just flamed on about it; not on legitimate grounds because it was broken, etc, but because you simply did not like it. Perhaps it is you who needs to move on.

• philz50philz50 Roma Victor CorrespondentMember Posts: 67

VERMing $200-300 is 50,000-75,000 sesterces.  That's a TON of cash.  The key is to buy items from guilds and individual players, and that money goes a long way.

There is no doubt that some of the NPC prices are WAY off.  Things like caligae, handsaws, and shovels are ones I can think of off the top of my head.  One of the reasons why the NPC prices are so high is to encourage the player-based economy.

If NPC prices were low, players wouldn't be able to compete and all the money would go right out of the game by going to RedBedlam-owned NPCs instead of being spread amongst players.

Sounds like RB is really giving everyone the shaft by encouraging PLAYER trade.

• shane910shane910 Member Posts: 359
    Originally posted by Stugram

Yeah, the real troll eh.
    Heck, that couldn't be the guy who after months of not playing after his sweeping changes were rejected, starts a thread with this title: "Looks like things are looking up over here ... " and then proceeds to open the discussion with this "LOL.   Look at these topics.  Such a sad state this game is in...".
    Why not just admit that you bought a game you didn't like? Surely that must be the case, you joined up and within a couple of weeks you were recommending changes that would alter the entire nature of the game. Instead of just realising 'hey, I don't like this game ... its not for me " you just flamed on about it; not on legitimate grounds because it was broken, etc, but because you simply did not like it. Perhaps it is you who needs to move on.

LOL love your selective reading, as usual this is to be expected from this community.  Try finishing the rest of the post...then get back to me.   Yeah the real troll.    That opening statement was directed at the community of the game.... or lack thereof.   (for the posts here in the forum.)

Shane

Originally posted by philz50

VERMing $200-300 is 50,000-75,000 sesterces.  That's a TON of cash.  The key is to buy items from guilds and individual players, and that money goes a long way.
    There is no doubt that some of the NPC prices are WAY off.  Things like caligae, handsaws, and shovels are ones I can think of off the top of my head.  One of the reasons why the NPC prices are so high is to encourage the player-based economy.
    If NPC prices were low, players wouldn't be able to compete and all the money would go right out of the game by going to RedBedlam-owned NPCs instead of being spread amongst players.
    Sounds like RB is really giving everyone the shaft by encouraging PLAYER trade.

They just need to fix it so ppl can buy the cheap gear for training purposes from the NPC's and the high ql gear from the players.  I would think that most people would be smart enough to realize that the NPC gear would do nothing for you in real combat or in the long run for crafting.

I totaly agree and support the player trading. But it's not exactly like the game is flooded with players to trade with.  Especially back at release and when the majority of my posts were made.  So what the hell were players supposed to do ?  Ill tell ya, stand arround naked slapping eachother.  Till a few peices of gear started floating arround... with extremely high prices.  Before that you had no choice but to pay those stupid prices at npc's if you wanted to get any gains in crafting areas.  I tried, gave up over those prices and went combat only.  Only to find that the (newly made) gear for fighters were tagged with stupid prices.  And nothing was being done...everyone kept saying supply and demand supply and demand.  But that didn't change a damn thing as players had it set in their mind thats what the price is.  IMO...and just IMO, thats where RB  needs to step up and put in some checks and balances.  If the players won't be responsible with the economy in their hands at least part of it needs to be put back in the games hands.

Honestly I can't see what it would hurt. The only draw back I can see it that you couldn't throw a spoon on the market for 4000 ses... it just wouldn't let ya. that spoon would have a base value and you could only mark up or down to a percentage.  If everyone went to the higher percentage the game would auto recalc the base value. And then players could mark it up a bit more  or not. But they would probably find themselves competing amongst eachother for sales and lowering the prices so players would buy from them.

I dunno but it makes sense to me.  Tell me where it dosent and make sense about it if you would. Don't just say no it would not work or would require the game to be remade ...cause we know thats not the case.  Any simple economy has room to add new code to change and set prices.  Tell me how it will affect players and the game experiance in a bad way, if you think it would. Or how that goes against player-economy or player trading.  I can't see any.

Shane

• philz50philz50 Roma Victor CorrespondentMember Posts: 67

At release no one had the skills to make much of anything.  That is simply stating the obvious.  That sort of thing takes time, and if players don't want to buy they build the skills themselves to make their gear, or join a guild.  Every guild in RV helps with gear as long as players contribute to materials and such.  If a player chooses to remain unguilded and chooses not to build any crafting skills, they have chosen to have limited options. 

The economic model definitely has weaknesses, and should be adjusted to fit the reality of the game.  However, options are available.  If someone refuses to take them, that is on them.

Originally posted by philz50

At release no one had the skills to make much of anything.  That is simply stating the obvious.  That sort of thing takes time, and if players don't want to buy they build the skills themselves to make their gear, or join a guild.  Every guild in RV helps with gear as long as players contribute to materials and such.  If a player chooses to remain unguilded and chooses not to build any crafting skills, they have chosen to have limited options. 
    The economic model definitely has weaknesses, and should be adjusted to fit the reality of the game.  However, options are available.  If someone refuses to take them, that is on them.

Agreed Phil.     I didn't want to take the time.  Thats was why I bought the ses.  Didn't want to work in game, got a real job I work at lol, so I was gonna just verm a bit each month so I could stay geared up and be comfortable.  ( like RB said we could if we wanted to) Just wasn't working out.

And I did join a guild and they did give me some stuff as I gave them stuff.  I had a bunch of tools and what not that I bought for those outrageous prices, since I gave up on crafting I gave them to the guild so that they could be put to good use.

Just felt it was stupid that I had all that money and the guild had to give me stuff. I just didn't like that ...don't like handouts. I like to get what I need myself I feel better about it and myself when I do. Thats just me, thats how I am.

Glad you agree about the economy having it's weaknesses and that it should be adjusted to the reality of the game. And yeah their are options.  Like you had mentioned you can work in game or join a guild and work and get stuff for free or next to nothing.  But like you said . I didn't like the options so I left the game.

Now that dosen't mean I hate the game and pray for it to fail and be doomed to the digital graveyard. I really would like it to get better and deliver on the things they said they would. Honestly I just feel that it is still nowhere near that point.  I like that balistics are in and the few other changes but still not enough for me.

I really do hope everyone that is playing is having fun.  And no I am not calling for people to leave the game. I am not that type of person. It is just not for me right now, Not looking to work in game just want to have fun.  And ATM it is way too much work in there (to me).  And I am just here stating why.

But again have fun all.

Shane

• StugramStugram Member Posts: 18

For what its worth shane, I also agree with most of your points about the economy. It is singularly the most broken thing in the game. I have no problem with people making comment about the many (though lessening) illogical or poorly implemented features in RV.

I just think that in light of recent developments the game isn't deserving of the bagging of it based on generalisations of it being simply 'crap', so to speak. A lot has changed, and in the past when it had so many failings, such bashing was probably justified but not anymore.

I took your posts as consisting of little more than a " I don't like XYZ, so I will flame the crap out of it"; though some ideas were respectable. Writing is not the greatest medium for determining what the motive is behind someone's words, and sometimes it even fails to deliver the message a person is trying to convey.

It seems that I have mistaken your posts for just being a blatant troll attempt and a malicious game bashing, when apparently that was not your intention. For that mistake I sincerely apologise.

Sorry been a busy week.  No need to apologize, as you said writing is easy to misinterpret and I am certainly no english lit major.

Well hope yall are having fun in there, I will certainly keep an eye on the progress.

Later,

Shane