Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where can I find MATURE people?

VioletteViolette Member UncommonPosts: 119

If I were to find out where they were hiding, I'd come back to Runescape in the blink of an eye. It's a very fun, unique game. But the community makes me absolutely disgusted. Aren't there forums or something for anyone over 21? Where can I find like-minded RU players?

Comments

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Eh Runescape has always been in a downward spiral when it comes to maturity...almost everyone I knew when I played was a teen or younger. But there were some 20 year olds in one of my clans. I think they're a dime a dozen and really hard to find, probably almost impossible unless you're a member. The free worlds are a mess. I think Jagex is making it for kids/teens, so that's the problem.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

Not here that is for sure.  Maturity is not an age specific trait.  There are plenty of people that are under the age of 21 that are mature but there are also a lot of people that are over the age of 21 and are complete idiots.  Again there is no surefire way to find a purely mature group of people.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by Violette
    If I were to find out where they were hiding, I'd come back to Runescape in the blink of an eye. It's a very fun, unique game. But the community makes me absolutely disgusted. Aren't there forums or something for anyone over 21? Where can I find like-minded RU players?

You kinda need to go to a mature game, I doubt there is many adults that actually waste their time on this pile of garbage... I could be wrong though.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

www.zybez.net/community is usually a mature place..

?

• VioletteViolette Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

www.zybez.net/community is usually a mature place..

Thank you for that link :)

I found a clan on egroups that has a few people over 21 years of age; they are really nice and helpful. Let's see how this goes...

• pavspavs Member Posts: 19

Anywhere but this website

Or any other gaming website for that matter.

• MarLMarL Member UncommonPosts: 606

At the library.....

(do we still have them?)

Own, Mine, Defend, Attack, 24/7

Originally posted by pavs

Anywhere but this website
    Or any other gaming website for that matter.

I disagree.

As one person here posted, maturity has nothing to do with age. That's true. If Runescape was full of eight year olds who seemed like engaging and interesting kids, I would be ok with it. But most, nearly all players of Runescape are not people I would feel proud knowing. I am positive that many of them think Linkin park is quality music and the world revolves around their friends who discuss mediocre stuff, and don't care about expanding their mind. What happened to kids who are bright and articulate? What is it about this game that attracts narrow-minded people? I don't think I've ever seen someone reach out to a player or simply lend a helping hand in this game. Most of the players are so self-absorbed and selfish. I really don't understand it. Is this game like a lure for the pathetic of the world (with very few exceptions)? The community here makes me ill, not the actual game itself.

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

I don't think there are many mature people who play the game anymore. To be honest, the majority of mature people have quit and moved on to other games. When I first started playing runescape 5 years ago, there were a lot of mature people willing to help out newer players. Of course there was always some scammers and immature little kids who would say stupid stuff but the majority of the community was decent. I made a lot of good friends back then. Too bad barely any of them play anymore.

After all of Jagex's updated for little kids and their marketing towards teens and kids under 12 years old, the community's overall integerity has deminished over the years. Now it's just full of immature people who insult each other and get into the most stupidest fights ever.

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127

There's several reasons for the immature community:

1. The game is built to be playable by immature people, and therefore it is where immature people congreagte.

2. A large portion of the mature players have quit because:

a. They are smart and recognize bad updates.

b. Suggestions to improve the game are bashed into the ground by immature players.

c. They can play less restrictive games, and do so. Immature players cannot figure these games out, and stay on runescape.

d. The higher level you are, the more you are pestered by these immature people.

3. The rather restrictive yet poorly made (It blocks words it shouldn't, but lets quite a bit through) chat filter seems to encourage profane language.

There's others, but I'm not the type to make long lists of statements bashing people, so I'll stop there.

I, too, have quit. I hit level 126 and decided that I'd had enough of this immature grind-til-you-drop game.

• GilzonGilzon Member Posts: 2

Theres a few of us mature people aroud, I do find that lack of intelligence in this game resounding but then again I only hang out with a group of my friends I know, where we RP, do clan wars, help each other out etc. We started a clan not long ago call the Sith Legion. Its mostly made of mature players but you cant stop that one person from coming in and runnning everything. If you want to join we always happen for new bright people.

• 1sick11sick1 Member Posts: 1

Lmao - there are many 'mature' players on runescape.....me being one of them. I have a few fellow runescapers that, like me, are pretty much old enough to be most players parents.  If you would like to join us Violette, please feel free to look me up.

Our experience with the runescape community in general has been so so with most of the trouble and rudeness coming from the under 16 group (or at least they "act" young - like 8 !!). That said, as 'older' players, I have seen nothing but help and support coming from the 'mature' crowd. Don't give up on runescape because of a few brat kids that failed to learn manners.

Hope to see you Runescape - 1sick

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Matt269

I don't think there are many mature people who play the game anymore. To be honest, the majority of mature people have quit and moved on to other games. When I first started playing runescape 5 years ago, there were a lot of mature people willing to help out newer players. Of course there was always some scammers and immature little kids who would say stupid stuff but the majority of the community was decent. I made a lot of good friends back then. Too bad barely any of them play anymore.
    After all of Jagex's updated for little kids and their marketing towards teens and kids under 12 years old, the community's overall integerity has deminished over the years. Now it's just full of immature people who insult each other and get into the most stupidest fights ever.

I agree, They alienated so many good organizations with their updates that the largest portion of their membership loss was not in bots, but in families, clans and groups of players that helped other players in the game.  When  Jagex started banning grandmothers for helping their grandkids, and teachers for helping their students the game has been all downhill since then. Many parents were banned in that witchhunt for helping their children. Most adults expect more from customer service than Jagex is willing to offer, so I think that is the biggest problem in the community. They are gearing their game for self centerd selfish players and that is exactly what they will get. People who care nothing for others and do not know the meaning of respect. Even when I logged in recently to do some tests on the new graphics, I was verbally assaulted several times by several different players on differnent worlds. For what reason? I have no idea.. I did have a few members items still on my character so they immediately start asking to buy my acount and when I refused I was verbally assaulted with them mispelling profanity at me. When I hopped worlds seconds after I log in I have some kid calling me a nerd and a loser because I was on my high level character... though I never said a word to them. From what I have seen the game and the community has gone way downhill in recent times and would take a major overhaul of the game itself in order to change that.

• exel134exel134 Member Posts: 41

i agree most mature friendly people quit years ago,runescape was twice as better a few years ago and i miss it but i really dont want to riot about it,that would waste my time,i still play to meet with freinds train and go to parties,thats it the other things i used to do got extremely boring.

people who insult others on online games are just sad,what do they gain from that,some level 3 was calling me a noob as soon as i called him one back he went on a lvl 115 account and started insulting me,thats just stupid 

and whats with the grand exchange you want to buy something and someone trades you but shows you something you dont want and is expensive then they call you a noob WTF!?

hmmmm

Originally posted by deviliscious

I agree, They alienated so many good organizations with their updates that the largest portion of their membership loss was not in bots, but in families, clans and groups of players that helped other players in the game.  When  Jagex started banning grandmothers for helping their grandkids, and teachers for helping their students the game has been all downhill since then. Many parents were banned in that witchhunt for helping their children. Most adults expect more from customer service than Jagex is willing to offer, so I think that is the biggest problem in the community. They are gearing their game for self centerd selfish players and that is exactly what they will get. People who care nothing for others and do not know the meaning of respect. Even when I logged in recently to do some tests on the new graphics, I was verbally assaulted several times by several different players on differnent worlds. For what reason? I have no idea.. I did have a few members items still on my character so they immediately start asking to buy my acount and when I refused I was verbally assaulted with them mispelling profanity at me. When I hopped worlds seconds after I log in I have some kid calling me a nerd and a loser because I was on my high level character... though I never said a word to them. From what I have seen the game and the community has gone way downhill in recent times and would take a major overhaul of the game itself in order to change that.

runescape used to be a fun family game with lots of fun things to do,but since the new updates its gone bad,im thinking of quting,but i might still go to events

hmmmm

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by deviliscious

I agree, They alienated so many good organizations with their updates that the largest portion of their membership loss was not in bots, but in families, clans and groups of players that helped other players in the game.  When  Jagex started banning grandmothers for helping their grandkids, and teachers for helping their students the game has been all downhill since then. Many parents were banned in that witchhunt for helping their children. Most adults expect more from customer service than Jagex is willing to offer, so I think that is the biggest problem in the community. They are gearing their game for self centerd selfish players and that is exactly what they will get. People who care nothing for others and do not know the meaning of respect. Even when I logged in recently to do some tests on the new graphics, I was verbally assaulted several times by several different players on differnent worlds. For what reason? I have no idea.. I did have a few members items still on my character so they immediately start asking to buy my acount and when I refused I was verbally assaulted with them mispelling profanity at me. When I hopped worlds seconds after I log in I have some kid calling me a nerd and a loser because I was on my high level character... though I never said a word to them. From what I have seen the game and the community has gone way downhill in recent times and would take a major overhaul of the game itself in order to change that

Yeah, I know what you mean. I went to castle wars, and every player I fought just ran away instead of fighting me. Anyone who couldn't win when they did fight me just called me a nerd repetitively or swore at me. I used to be a player mod about a year ago, and I still report people, so I can imagine how many people get banned by me per day. Just yesterday I was on my Ranger Pure "Ranger Simi" and this person wanted to fight me in the duel arena. After I crushed him, because Ranger Simi a pure (duh), he came after me with curses, nerd, noob, idiot, fool, jerk, loser and a pleathora of other insults. Nobody can take losing gracefully anymore. Once in a while I'll fight a lvl 90-138 who actually has some respect and doesn't shout "Noob" as soon as they die, but that's becoming rare.

Ruining Castle Wars...

Castle Wars Forum Post Pic

Now, they went ahead and ruined my favorite minigame, castle wars. I really liked castle wars, and it was one of the main reasons I was still a member. It makes it even easier to run away, harder to cade and capture people, so level 60's win the game simply by running away faster than you can catch them. Add to that the lag and worse placement of things in the game than before the update, and you just can't kill them. I remember a level 100 ancient barraging me 4 times and then attacking me, but failing to kill me even after 4 ice barrages which would've normally been enough to freeze me long enough to finish me off. Yet he didn't. Why? Because I caded him every time he barraged me and ran off again. It was then I realized that they had ruined the only good minigame left. I purposely went back and apologized and let him kill me for the sake of justice, he should've killed me to begin with.

Now, the prices for many supply items are messed up because of the GE (See Graph), many of the high levels quitting has caused a massive drop in the expensive items, with no demand to buy them, and the forums becoming an entire trash heap of ignored complaints, spammers, and people who counter everything you say just to piss you off.

Zamorak Godsword

Zamorak Godsword Price Graph

TBH, I'm not so sure I feel secure with RuneScape's Software on my computer anymore either... I'm thinking about writing a program to decrypt RuneScape's datafiles to see WTF is in them. I'm not so sure they're safe anymore. I mean come on, WTF would Jagex need 70 MEBIBYTES on my computer for?

Runescape Datafiles Pic

I'm wondering if Jagex is becoming just about as trustworthy as their members are.

~ Simiswimm ~

jagex needs to learn exactly the right people to ban,in their quest to get rid of RWTers they banned the nice and most mature members,and left most RWTers on

hmmmm

i agree all the way,about 2% of runescape players are mature and helpful

hmmmm

• Kowboy_KittyKowboy_Kitty Member Posts: 41

Yes, it does seem to me that everyone in the free worlds(especially around Lumbridge) is a bit immature, but what do you expect? When you can make an account for a game and not even need an e-mail verification anyone (ages 5 and over) could very easily be playing in 15 mins! Maturity also isn't always an age requirement, there are very many adults 21 and above that are more immature than children. The maturity level seems to increase on members worlds I'm happy to say.