Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who started a new character with the Living Legacy Promotion

JammaslamJammaslam Member Posts: 265

What did you start (class/race/current level/AA etc)?  How do you like it, and what are some of your goals during the free playing time (besides hopefully having fun)

I actually started several characters before deciding on an Arasai Fury.  Hes currently level 43 with 48 AA points (wow the AA's accumulate fast now while completing quests) I started with a Barbarian Warden, then a Erudite Inquisitor, and a Erudite Warlock, getting them to level 20 (which is super easy in the RoK starter zone)  before deciding on a fury. 

What I also like about EQ2 as well is the bazaar server (which some may not like, but I like that the option is there to legally sell in game items), on which I actually transferred the characters I didnt like over to and sold for $4.99 (lol,every bit helps)

Im looking forward to get to the new RoK content at level 70+ since I have previously played out the other expansions content on older characters (except Echoes of Faydwer, which is still somewhat new to me) and it is somewhat dull having to repeat stuff like the sinking sands and kos quests once again.  

Ive also created this character with the intent to betray him at around level 70 to a warden and go melee from then on.   Ive also made about 7 plat mostly selling collection items and am saving up for my armor at level 72 (I wont ever need to , nor plan to buy  a mount with this class)   

Whats everyone else up to who hopped back onboard with the living legacy promotion?

Comments

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581

I am downloading the game as we speak.  I tried the game a long time ago but didn't have much time to play it.

So basically I will be a EQ2 noobie retrying the game out with a very open mind.

• JammaslamJammaslam Member Posts: 265

Do you already have in mind what class you want to play?

• KMiller82KMiller82 Member Posts: 18

Once I had the game downloaded and working properly, I created the maximum amount of characters. I couldn't decide what to be so I made as many as I could that appealed to me. I've only played one character so far and am enjoying it. I am a level 10 human assassin named Armad on the Antonia Bayle server. I am having a great time although playing an assassin isn't very easy (I have died quite a few times already).

In addition to my assassin, I have also created (all on the Antonia Bayle server):
    - Troll Shadowknight
    - Sarnak Bruiser
    - Dark Elf Necromancer
    - Wood Elf Warden
    - Halfling Troubador
    - Erudite Wizard

I'm having a great time so far. I just wish there were more people in the lower level zones (I am usually the only one in the Sunken City). I am definately going to subscribe because I am enjoying myself and my computer can play this game on decent graphic settings =)

Arminir Taralorm
    Currently Playing: Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer Online, Mass Effect, Medieval II: Total War

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

I started at release but only played for 2 weeks on the Crushbone server. My friends went to a different game and at the time I had a computer that ran EQ2 very poorly. As a result, I didn't stick with it.

I came back with this offer. I'm glad I am retrying the game because it's quite good now in comparison to other offers on the market. I find that it's more engaging than LotRO, less hassle than AO, not owned by EA like DAoC, and I don't have to deal with abusive players trying to rip me off all the time like in EvE. I'll be sticking in this game for a while I feel. I still play WoW since my buddies are all there.

Characters I have made:

A Sarnak Necro that I will definitely level as much as possible as my main. I have always liked pet-based, DoT classes and I have always liked lizards.

A Ratonga Defiler which I am debating about. There are things I like about the class and things I don't. I really hate how much her debuffs get resisted. I am boosting them through AA's but it doesnt seem to make that much of a difference yet. I like the Ratonga race even though my character is but a swallow for a large lizard like a Sarnak (don't get any ideas though.. she wears chainmail which gives indigestion!). The pet is bloody useless but looks cool.

A Fae Illusionist which I will definitely level as a primary alt. I was pleasantly surprised by this class. I thought it would be weak but it's actually very strong.

A Kerra Berserker. I haven't played this one yet enough to make a decision about it.

A Sarnak Assassin which is pretty fun. Ok, so I really like big lizards.

I still have my little Gnome Warden I made at release. However, she is gathering dust right now since I need to get all of her AA's done. I'm keeping her mainly for nostalgia purposes.

Last slot I am unsure about. I might try one of the song classes or a Ranger.

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I deleted 3 characters I never played and made 3 new characters when I came back. I haven't gotten very far with any of them yet. They are a Sarnak Defiler, a Dark Elf Bruiser, and a Half Elf Assassin.

All three have been fun, but I've mostly been playing the assassin. She's only level 18 so far though. She's gotten some achievement points, but I don't remember how many. It's turning out to be fun, but very slow going for me. I've wasted some time doing things other than leveling, and I've had a lot of real life going on in the last couple of weeks, and I came to the EQ2 Living Legacy party late because I was over there at the EQ1 party getting all drunk and disorderly. (That's supposed to be a joke, but I have a feeling it is just going to confuse people.)

I like playing a Sarnak. I am really happy with the way mine turned out (visually). Being a defiler is cool and fun too, but the bruiser and the assassin are more my style. I might trade her out for a Sarnak guardian in the long run if I stick with EQ2. (I also have a ratonga inquisitor and a fae conjuror on the account, so I have a healer and DPS a-plenty, but no tanks...)

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• NoktarisNoktaris Member Posts: 270

For new players looking to get into the game...some classes are definately more noobie friendly then others. For casters...Necro's and Conjurer's. I've played both,my Favorite is Necro,but Conjuror's are just as good.  Wizards (more single target dps) Warlock (more ae dps) Are both solid soloers and great dps in groups. Coercer/Illusionists are Crowd Control,with moderate dps and great group utility,and decent solo potential at max level.

If your looking for tanks then either Berseker (better dps) or Guardians (best tank by far) The Paladins are decent from what I heard for just regular group content. While SK's are lacking right now...but a very fun class. Just disappointing at level 80. (Yes I have a level 80). Monk/Bruiser are great fun solo classes...can tank in some cases...but basically masters of none classes.

Healers are kind of a drag to level (more group friendly which is how it should be)...Druids being better soloers. And in some cases better healers. Inquisitors and Templars are the plate healers,Inq's have decent dps/debuffs but kind of lacking in heals (girlfriend has a level 80) While Templars are better healers and not good as dps.  :)  Shamans = Defilers/Mystics Both are moderate healers. Nice debuffs for Defilers,nice buffs for Mystics. Both Shamans are dreadful solo classes.

Rogues...Brigands are just awesome. Great solo class,decent single target dps,some of the best debuffs in the game. Assassin's are normally best dps,but lacking in the solo department. Swashbucklers are another great dps class that in many ways rival Brigands. Rangers...good ranged dps,but always alot of people complaining about the class. Definately the worst of the rogues,but all rogues are great dps.

Sorry for such a long post,really only useful for new players looking for a class that suits them.  :)

Noktaris, I thought that Shamans were better to solo than the Warden. Is that not true? I only have a couple of offensive spells on my Warden and tons of heals whereas my Defiler has lots of debuffs and more damage spells. Neither one dishes out decent dps imo. I've been looking at the Fury and that seems to be better for dps. I am curious what your reply will be because I might drop my Defiler and just continue on with my Warden if that is the case.

Outside of the pooch that dies in 2 hits and the constant resistances on debuffs, my other beef with my Defiler is that the debuffs seem to take chunks out of her power.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Originally posted by APRAurore

Noktaris, I thought that Shamans were better to solo than the Warden. Is that not true? I only have a couple of offensive spells on my Warden and tons of heals whereas my Defiler has lots of debuffs and more damage spells. Neither one dishes out decent dps imo. I've been looking at the Fury and that seems to be better for dps. I am curious what your reply will be because I might drop my Defiler and just continue on with my Warden if that is the case.

Outside of the pooch that dies in 2 hits and the constant resistances on debuffs, my other beef with my Defiler is that the debuffs seem to take chunks out of her power.

Ah Wardens are one of these best solo healer classes in EQ2.  In general tho the way the game is now you would be going with a melee warden spec (which works very well).

The only issue you would run into is that as you get higher you can't kill some mobs or kill them as easily as a fury.  Simply because a Fury can use the nuke/root to stay out of the melee damage of said mob. (oh and to be clear this is various flavors of "heroic" aka not intended for solo mobs.. which is why being able to stay out of their damage area is good).

I had a Warden for a long time.. loved it.  I was still loving it but was asked to betray to fury for my group.. My ah best friend was a zerker and loved the melee oriented buff that a Fury could give them.  Then I ended up being a raid healer but anyway...

All of the healer classes can solo, just some do it better than others.

As an example with the right AA's an inquisitor can solo very well.

Basicly tho if the shaman is working for you that is all that matters.  When *I* play a shaman at lower levels compared to a warden.. I'll blast through mobs much faster on the warden with little to no down time etc..

That's why I say if shaman works for you.. then it IS better.  I honestly never liked my druid as much after I betrayed to Fury.. but many people love the big nukes and I could solo easy enough.  /shrug

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

I re-installed specifially to play my Ogre Shadownight on the befallen server, he is only level 20 so if anyone wants to group, add me to friend list.  I will likely be playing during the day tomorrow.

EDIT : FOrgot character name :P

Name : Ooyee

Antarious already covered it.  :)  But yeah Shamans really aren't that great as soloers,definately not better then the druids (Warden/Fury) Thats not to say they can't solo...but it's pretty slow.

Thanks for the advice! I will give my Warden a try again then. I have to do some low level quests to get AA's. Perhaps she'll be poor in comparison to a more modern character due to her lack of AA's. The Defiler is rather disappointing overall. I like her shield wards, but that's about it. Powercosts are horrendous!

• HandaHanda Member Posts: 45

I re-installed EQ2 in early June after leaving the game within a month of it's initial release.  My experience has been great!!  The game is much improved (of course....after 2 1/2 years), the community is largely mature, the world is amazing and the classes varied.

My main is currently a 38 Erudite Fury but I also have a Templar, SK, Coercer, Zerker and Mystic all in the 20's.  Each is fun in their own right and makes it possible to get different game experiences when I get tired of the Fury :)

More people should take advantage of this promotion before it ends.  They just might find a forgotten jewel.

I'll likely resub before long...bored with everything else out there. My main problem is finding a guild that is active. My girlfriend and I play together and more often then not we find a guild with a decent amount of people,but over a few months the guild dwindles down and nobody logs in anymore.

I found a character class that I am enjoying a lot. I never thought I would. I replaced my ratonga Defiler with a ratonga Dirge. Having a huge amount of fun with her.