Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AO Online 30 days free from FUncom

fungistratusfungistratus Member Posts: 437

Dear Anarchy Online Fan,

We want to celebrate our history with you, and are delighted to present once in a lifetime special offers and awesome 7 year anniversary gifts for you!

We believe you will be positively surprised to discover all the changes we have made, and the new content we have added, since your last visit. Therefore we are pleased to offer you 30 days free play time, and give you the unique opportunity to check out all the cool new content and re-familiarize yourself with the game.

If you use this offer to reactivate your account, we will also add 700 paid points to your account for free. This will allow you to buy new outfits, vehicles and other goodies for your character. This offer ends July 4th, so act now to avoid missing out!

Reactivate your account here.

If you have un-installed the game, please go to www.anarchyonline.com/download/ for a fully updated client.

In futher celebration, we have put together a video that tells the story of Anarchy Online from launch 'til now, with all Game Directors sharing their thoughts on Anarchy Online. See it here. Also, an updated letter from the Game Director is available. Read it here.

Join us this weekend, as there will be presents and non-stop celebration throughout Rubi-Ka!

We would like to thank you for your support during all these years and we hope to see you in-game very soon!

Regards,

Funcom

Hmmm.... Is this a sign AoC is not doing well?  I really love Funcom as a developer.(ed) AO Online is still my favorite MMO of all time they ruined it with the Shadowlands though.  It is tough to just pick up and play these days.  I did think the video to watch the game's plot line is neat though.

Comments

• spielmeisterspielmeister Member Posts: 3

Okay, I'm not a lifelong gamer. I bought AoC expecting a completed product. I do not believe that I received such. So Funcom gets my $49 (or whatever percentage of the sale price they get). It's okay. I made $5,700 shorting their stock. Funcom has lost 28 % of their stock value since Aoc's release. They're traded on the Oslo Bors. Any good trading firm can handle the trade for you. Cheers.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by fungistratus

Dear Anarchy Online Fan,

We want to celebrate our history with you, and are delighted to present once in a lifetime special offers and awesome 7 year anniversary gifts for you!

We believe you will be positively surprised to discover all the changes we have made, and the new content we have added, since your last visit. Therefore we are pleased to offer you 30 days free play time, and give you the unique opportunity to check out all the cool new content and re-familiarize yourself with the game.

If you use this offer to reactivate your account, we will also add 700 paid points to your account for free. This will allow you to buy new outfits, vehicles and other goodies for your character. This offer ends July 4th, so act now to avoid missing out!

If you have un-installed the game, please go to www.anarchyonline.com/download/ for a fully updated client.

In futher celebration, we have put together a video that tells the story of Anarchy Online from launch 'til now, with all Game Directors sharing their thoughts on Anarchy Online. See it here. Also, an updated letter from the Game Director is available. Read it here.

Join us this weekend, as there will be presents and non-stop celebration throughout Rubi-Ka!

We would like to thank you for your support during all these years and we hope to see you in-game very soon!

Regards,

Funcom

Hmmm.... Is this a sign AoC is not doing well.  I really love Funcom as a developer.(ed) AO Online is still my favorite MMO of all time they ruined it with the Shadowlands though.  It is tough to just pick up and play these days.  I did think the video to watch the game's plot line is neat though.

It's a sign that AO is starting to really suffer due to all the customer service people being moved over to handle AoC. It's also due to people being fed up with getting NO responses to customer service issues including everyhting from problems ingame, billing, frozen accounts after paying for a sub, etc., etc.

I used to be one of the biggest fans of AO and Funcom. Played since beta. But after watching as Funcom threw AO and it's subscribers ( including myself, as I honestly will NOT wait months for a response from AO customer service when I have immediate billing issues ) to the wolves so they could do damage control for AoC, I couldn't care less if AO lives or dies until Funcom gets their heads out of their collective asses. And judging them recently, that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Well, I decided what the hell, 30 free days plus 700 points to reactivate. Maybe I'll overlook the shitty customer service they've recently become famous for. But, lo and behold, Funcom even manages to fuck their own offer up ( surprise ).

This is the e-mail:

You are receiving this newsletter because you are a subscribed member, or you have shown an interest in Funcom products. You may unsubscribe from this publication at any time.

Dear Anarchy Online Fan,

Regards,

Funcom

© 2008 Funcom. All rights reserved.

Funcom is headquartered in 167 Drammensveien, Oslo 0277, Norway

Funcom

Notice the parts in green.

So, I go to my account page and get this:

Upgrade Subscription '   '

Return to Rubi-Ka

[ Product Info ]

You have a time-limited offer to upgrade your account with 30 days of free game time and 700 service points.

- By using this offer your account will be credited with 30 days game time and 700 service points at no cost.

- Your account will be reactivated as part of this offer.

- Should you wish to end your subscription to Anarchy Online at no charge you are able to cancel your subscription via this site.

USD $ 0.00    

Subscription Details

Username  
    Created 2001-7-3
    Veteran Months 36
    Registered add-ons Notum Wars and Shadowlands

Subscription Cycle

Month(s)* Total cost
    1 month recurring

USD $ 14.95

3 month recurring

USD $ 35.85

6 month recurring

USD $ 59.70

12 month recurring

USD $ 95.40

* One month = 30 days

VAT policy

Select Payment Option

Or register and use a Payment Option

* Required  
    Payment option *
    Mastercard (USD)

Again, note the green highlight.

So they tell me I can "reactivate" with 30 days and 700 points free, and then pull a bait and switch by changing it to an "upgrade" which would force me to pay for all of the expansions ( the 14.95/monthly price ) instead of what my account normally cost ( $5.00/monthly since I only have the Shadowlands ). And I certainly don't see a $0.00 option to click on there.

And of course no reply to the e-mail I sent inquiring about this.

So, e-mail from Fuckcom deleted and account remains closed.

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

No idea what you were expecting, the promotion is clear and accurate.  A prior $5 Shadowlands subscription will, of course, be automatically superceded with this promotion.  You're certainly not going to get 30 free days, followed by $5/mo SL.  This promotion is -only- for all expansions and the full subscription fee starts after the trial period.

Note that people either starting an account or upgrading a free account can get 37 free days and pay nothing for all the expansions by using a buddy key(which all paying subscribers have 7 of atm).  Like the above promotion, if they don't cancel by the end of the free period, they start paying the full monthly subscription fees.

~\_/~\_O

Originally posted by burmese

No idea what you were expecting, the promotion is clear and accurate.  A prior $5 Shadowlands subscription will, of course, be automatically superceded with this promotion.  You're certainly not going to get 30 free days, followed by $5/mo SL.  This promotion is -only- for all expansions and the full subscription fee starts after the trial period.

Note that people either starting an account or upgrading a free account can get 37 free days and pay nothing for all the expansions by using a buddy key(which all paying subscribers have 7 of atm).  Like the above promotion, if they don't cancel by the end of the free period, they start paying the full monthly subscription fees.

And as I said in the thread made for this, just show me where in that e-mail it was made clear and accurate that upgrading to full sub would be required. "Reactivate" is not the same as "upgrade".

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

I haven't played my free account in a while but as for AoC, I've learned its best to wait awhile before buying a new MMO.  Got to get those patches and what not.  Plus the price can drop.

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

about the whole funcom stock slide...

i do not think it has a thing to do with anarchy but everything to do with AoC.

they keep saying AO is self sufficant regarding making money, and im sure with even less players than they have now it would still turn a profit.

it has to be AoC

was a large investment and they are not getting the returns on it they predicted, couple that with bad press on their release (not from the press but more or less player word of mouth) and you got declining net worth.

but i will make a predictions, in a year AoC will be on the rebound and in 2 years time im sure it will be tip top and ill still be playing AO instead

anyway releaseing the game before it was finished was most likely a way to create revenue to support its further development....you get lots of nasty pre-teens who hate you but long term i think it would be much better than risking losing it all for a prolonged release (for the company that is)

also you gotta look at timing, release AoC now while theres not a decent game out, or release it when War comes out.

so for as many people on this site who loath funcom, i think they are doing what is best to preserve their company, and they did give us one of the few games that isnt a total asian grinder or a game loaded with elfs, pixies, and wizards.

• piithpiith Member Posts: 95

I just took them up on their offer, I got that email to reactivate. After reading it, I went for the $7, because I would have had to pay for upgrading anyways, as the previous poster mentioned, it is not a upgrade, just a no cost reactivation , but I kept getting failure.

Since I have been playing on a free account  for the past couple months, I decided to just upgrade that account to shadowlands. Success, account now activated and I can start to play Notum wars and Shadowlands. I had a few other things to do before playing , but only about 10-15 minutes worth. I go to launch the newly activated upgrade account , and get a error, "account not paid", so I go back to my account, to see "Failed".

So now  I have a frozen unpaid Free account ???.  I click to contact Accounts, I noticed that the addy is to Accounts@AgeofConan, but send it any ways, first the generated letter, ok, but now I have a ticket #, so I reply explaining everything again, I get a response within 5 minutes, apologizing for the confusion , and to contact accounts@anarchyonline . . so I do.  This sends me a new generated letter, with instructions. also I get a new ticket number. I followed the instruction verbatim, I get a new ticket number and the exact same generated letter. I wait 26 hours nothing, nada, no reply, so I go to contacts from the official site and select  Support, I place my ticket # in the title. Hey guess what , I get that same generated letter, and also another New ticket #.

I am now even more upset now then the beginning of this circle cycle. So I reply to the AoC GM that had contacted me earlier, asking if he can do me a favor and contact accounts in AO for me. again within minutes I get a reply, to be patient and that I already have started 3 ticket #'s on the same subject.

Thing is, I used the same Ticket # on every attempt to contact, just to receive a new #,  I am not the one generating new #'s they are.  I was told from the AoC GM they can not access AO problems, but apparently they can, how else would he had known there are now 3 new ticket #'s on the same account.

I guess I need to screen shot transaction when there was a successful activation.

It is obvious there is no one in support@ or Accounts@ in AnarchyOnline department, and every one  in funcom will only support AoC

Oh  and I can no longer post in the official forums, because the failed transaction.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Funny i used this option to turn my acount back on for 30 days just for the hell of it all my characters are still there however all my credits are gone. Oh well didnt plan on stickin around anyway.

Originally posted by digitydarkman

Funny i used this option to turn my acount back on for 30 days just for the hell of it all my characters are still there however all my credits are gone. Oh well didnt plan on stickin around anyway.

yeah there is a easy way to see if your characters are still there or have been deleted. I had 3 old  canceled accounts, one of them, the characters are still there, you can check by going to main page and click on people of rubi-ki, and search for your character, if the character is found, it is still in the data base, if the character is not found, then it has been deleted/removed.

Originally posted by piith

I just took them up on their offer, I got that email to reactivate. After reading it, I went for the $7, because I would have had to pay for upgrading anyways, as the previous poster mentioned, it is not a upgrade, just a no cost reactivation , but I kept getting failure.
    Since I have been playing on a free account  for the past couple months, I decided to just upgrade that account to shadowlands. Success, account now activated and I can start to play Notum wars and Shadowlands. I had a few other things to do before playing , but only about 10-15 minutes worth. I go to launch the newly activated upgrade account , and get a error, "account not paid", so I go back to my account, to see "Failed".
    So now  I have a frozen unpaid Free account ???.  I click to contact Accounts, I noticed that the addy is to Accounts@AgeofConan, but send it any ways, first the generated letter, ok, but now I have a ticket #, so I reply explaining everything again, I get a response within 5 minutes, apologizing for the confusion , and to contact accounts@anarchyonline . . so I do.  This sends me a new generated letter, with instructions. also I get a new ticket number. I followed the instruction verbatim, I get a new ticket number and the exact same generated letter. I wait 26 hours nothing, nada, no reply, so I go to contacts from the official site and select  Support, I place my ticket # in the title. Hey guess what , I get that same generated letter, and also another New ticket #.
    I am now even more upset now then the beginning of this circle cycle. So I reply to the AoC GM that had contacted me earlier, asking if he can do me a favor and contact accounts in AO for me. again within minutes I get a reply, to be patient and that I already have started 3 ticket #'s on the same subject.
    Thing is, I used the same Ticket # on every attempt to contact, just to receive a new #,  I am not the one generating new #'s they are.  I was told from the AoC GM they can not access AO problems, but apparently they can, how else would he had known there are now 3 new ticket #'s on the same account.
    I guess I need to screen shot transaction when there was a successful activation.
    It is obvious there is no one in support@ or Accounts@ in AnarchyOnline department, and every one  in funcom will only support AoC
    Oh  and I can no longer post in the official forums, because the failed transaction.

Join the growing club:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=532543

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=532430

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=530206

the part that really irks me, is my forum account is also frozen.  So I can not even post there . .  just read, and that was even before I even sent a email asking for help.

I am sure they are aware of the problem, They choose to ignore it. I am sure the same people behind Accounts@Anarchyonline, are also the same at Accounts@AgeofConan

I have not tried a Ark, but they can not help with billing is why. I am not going to waste their time.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    Originally posted by digitydarkman

Already up over 60mil creds not to bad of a gain for not playing for a long ass time.