Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO One year of free content!

13»

Comments

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I wouldn't call it free since you're paying $15 a month but it's better than shelling out $50 for each decent update.

• tfox2k1tfox2k1 Member Posts: 215

SOE would be charging $4.95 for each of these mini-updates.   I suppose this is fhe reason every SOE game is dying or dead.

• heikoelmheikoelm Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by bluealien1
    Do you really think they put two zones in that are 85% water/icey water because they though players would like them? No, they put them in because it would take longer to get places and they need all of the time they can get.

I very much enjoy them, so for me at least their evil plot has failed.

I don't mind taking my time for things; it gives me the sense that I'm actually working for something and can't just reach anywhere I want in half a second. Maybe, though, they'll come out with boats soon- that would be very cool!

• rhturn4025rhturn4025 World of Warcraft CorrespondentMember Posts: 8

I have to say that out of all the MMO's, this one is the most rewarding for a player like myself. I enjoy exploration, and such, not the gear grind. I've never been a raider in other MMO's, I've always just PvPed because I don't feel like wasting six hours a night on a video game. So, seeing a beautiful made world and interesting storyline always makes it seem worthwhile for me.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Nihilx

Returned using the trial and my opinion of the game really hasn't changed that much. It's a very decent release that can be fun for a while, but doesn't grab my attention for long. I'm sure there are many reasons for others to enjoy it, but for me everything just feels too empty. With it being a franchise game, there are no real plot surprises, there simply can not be any end-game to speak of, ... And I still think the character and monster models are pretty lame.

I just don't think you will ever find a MMORPG you like it sounds like. 

This game has the best written storyline and quests of any game ever made. 

But I must admit, when I first played the game I wasn't really into it as much as I am now.  Once you get up in your 20s the game really comes into it's own.  You should give it a chance past level 14 or however high you got. 

As many others have said, this game is adding alot of content all the time.  There won't be any problem with end game content and raids after Book 14 and Mines of Moria.  There is plenty of end game content now.. but nothing compared to WoW and EQ.  But those games have been around years and years, LOTRO is just now starting to come into its own, so it is hard to fairly compare it that kind of end game standard yet.

Some of the models look bad, if you don't play with hi-res textures.  If you don't have your settings on very high the game looks very lackluster.  On hi-res textures my Hobbit Burglar looks awesome!