Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

love MMO...................................................................rpg??

was playing today and didnt know where to hunt,

so i asked, "anyone know of any town or city that may need my help?

Reply, " oh no, don't try and roleplay"

lol

first time ever ive had someone reply that way to me, people have roleplay fear lol

Comments

• SyNn3rSyNn3r Member UncommonPosts: 35

Heh, players these days are more experienced and they're probably just looking for a new and exciting MMO, that's why they don't like to roleplay. Once you find a game you like, not too new, not too old, with a nice, stable comunity, roleplay will be wellcome. It's not that they don't like roleplay, it's just that the game you were in was just in "testing", the player was just checking it out to see if it's worth it.

Btw, what game was it?

• phonetichalophonetichalo Member Posts: 9

it was not any of the new big ones.  but was just raaaa. im not gunna say what game it was cause i wouldnt want to let one person change a whole lot of peoples views on a game. and plus i love the game :) and im sure the person was not testing  he was high lvl   just was a bit grrr cause for the first time i felt like i shouldnt roleplay. but yeah  i will carry one i think maybe lloll

• vala2008vala2008 Member Posts: 229

Well its annoying when the youngsters dont appriciate where the genre came from:) but still a few things to do: support games companies that provide a dedicated roleplay server (and use the rp server) and point and prod with fingers or weapons anyone that doesnt rp. that should sort the men from the boys.

• lupisenparislupisenparis Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by vala2008

Well its annoying when the youngsters dont appriciate where the genre came from:) but still a few things to do: support games companies that provide a dedicated roleplay server (and use the rp server) and point and prod with fingers or weapons anyone that doesnt rp. that should sort the men from the boys.

It seems to me there is a huge crowd of new people being introduced to the genre and every single one of them are unaware that they are being introduced to the intent of the sword and sorcery genre deriving from literature.  No they want to spin off to how the game should be played rather than how the genre is followed, how can one expect a genre derived from literature to then appeal to non-reader types?

• phonetichalophonetichalo Member Posts: 9

the thing that annoyed me and yeah it annoys me cause its a game breaker.  if that if you know im roleplaying and you dont roleplay   just dont reply. if you can bothered to reply and tell me not to roleplay , why cant you tell me where to go hunt lol.

i just dont understand why poeple dont like roleplayers. what do we do that makes poeple feel the need to reply, "oh no please dont try and roleplay"   lol   if i said "oh no please dont talk ooc"  everytime someone did lol anyway  i think it just blah ............... should have asked him for a fight to the death for your rudeness

• vala2008vala2008 Member Posts: 229

Good point from above poster...I have a solution! Make the quests longer!....much longer and make them read all of it:) so you actually gain experience through reading, I love this, i should be getting payed for my ideas!

• BBQhappyBBQhappy Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by vala2008

Good point from above poster...I have a solution! Make the quests longer!....much longer and make them read all of it:) so you actually gain experience through reading, I love this, i should be getting payed for my ideas!

yes, i like quests very much. some descriptions are so facetious, i usually read them carefully and be happy to complete  :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yep, in AoC there was a brilliant quest where you had to interrogate 3 suspects for a crime and find out who was guilty, you had to use your brain and carefully read everything. Wish there was more quests like that :D

The MMORPG really need more RPG in them.

• NooblordNooblord Member Posts: 202

I still laugh at my first day in WoW beta. I was in the dwarf / gnome starting area and a Night Elf had traveled there....

Night Elf /say "Hail small folk, I am weary from the long road I have taken from my home lands"

Random Dwarf /yell "ROLEPLAYER!!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN"

image .............image

• b1ackwolfb1ackwolf Member Posts: 5

I agree People are lacking the fact that it's called RPG.   ( Role Playing Game )

I play City of Heroes Great game but lacks everywhere in roleplaying.

I was OOC ( Out Of Charater ) so I was talking with my barrackest like you do. I got told i was a idiot for doing it I told this charater i OOC, he once again boardcasted ima idiot and I was trying to hard.

Thanks for reading :)

City of Heroes  -  Budokai - Victory Server!

• HoldonHoldon Member Posts: 1

maybe he or many players are boring with nowdays games at the moment..actually, nowdays games are not good enough to nowdays players (they have a lot of experience in gaming)