Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I think about MapleStory

KaileKaile Member Posts: 2

Well, I played MapleStory for about a year and a half already and is currently level 45 (don't ask). Well, anyways since I'm bored out of my mind, I'll give an opinion about this game. The game is OK at the start. You might get a lil addicted from the beginning as the grind isn't so bad. As you get more into the game, it gets boring. The grind is amazing actually. Almost 99% of the quests requires you to kill X monsters and most of the rewards either crappy exp or some potions. As you get into the level 40s or even 30s you might get an urge to restart or even quit (like me). The only things that can get you through this game to the higher levels are friends. I had a ton of friends in my lower levels but as time passes by, they all either quit or become unactive and the game becomes totally boring all of a sudden. Please don't let my opinion discourage you from playing the game however. You can find it very fun and if you make lots of good friends, you'll have a great time. So...yeah, it's time for me to sleep. Cya, guys. Happy Mapling..

The sig has yet to come.

Comments

• AznChimpGuyAznChimpGuy Member Posts: 29

lol your right when i first played it since 2002 i got ADDICTED!!!!! now when i quit for a while and starts playing it again it gets boring........

and my guy is AznChimpGuy in Scania lol ya its my new nooby guy

• OverKryOverKry Member Posts: 14

i totally agree with u so heres my opinion:WEll im just gonna say wat i know...ehhem...this game gets boring after lvl 25-31...believe me! It takes really long to lvl once u hit the 25's..but if u hav lots of free time then go ahead, play but this game takes really long to lvl. It gets really addicting once u start..u know, getin a job then u say in ur head or out loud...WTF????yeah, u just figured that this game "sucks". but really, if u get  really addictid, u might as lvl and keep goin but wen u get ur advancement and such, but then it takes really long to lvl lik...2 days fr me but i know u can by 2x exp from the cash shop...but about the cash shop, u'll end wantin all those stuff in there and if u hav paypal...ur gonna want the stuff in there..and get it. but ull get addicted so bad then buy so much,waste maybe $100  then u relize u gotta stop.u stop...somthin new comes in the shop, and u WANT IT!!! Now the game: if u manage to go get ur 2nd advancement, ur gonna take lots of ur time tryin to lvl there.som ppl i know take lik 2 days...it takes me 2 months to lvl from 60-61.... Then u wanna quit..lol i quit at lvl 29. Tht's pretty much all i hav to say bout it but i suggest not wastin ur time even downloadin...it took me lik 1'n'a half days to download...try it ...then  uninstall it.

imageimage

• SelbtsmordSelbtsmord Member Posts: 9

Decent game, though I resented the constant lagging. Lol I believe I quit playing at lv 14. I was a ranger. Maple Story was an overall unique and interesting game, with decent graphics.

--Selbtsmord

• BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 11

I so agree with you.

Once I became level 30, I obviously took the 2nd class test. I became an assassin, and practically the next day I didn't feel like getting on. - - Ever since that, I've kept on creating new characters. I also hate the training you have to do once you get to level 30+. Yes, I have a lazy ass.

Plus I remember when I was a lower level I used to have a ton of active friends. And just so be it, the higher level I got less and less of my older online friends got on. For me, with a little amount of friends it gets freakishly boring.

But I still love maple. But I hate it at the same time

• DerekHarumiDerekHarumi Member UncommonPosts: 37

I agree.

Because when I started I was addicted to it. I was somehow pulled into the game, glued right to it. I couldn't get out of the addiction. The only thing I did nearly all day was play on my computer. Then, when I got to lv. 22, I started to get bored out of my mind. I decided it was time for the final ending. So I blocked all the MapleStory websites, and I started moving on with other games.

Hopefully, I'll be able to catch on with life now. My thoughts have changed alot, since I think alot about MapleStory.

The game itself is only about a 8/10. MapleStory is pointless, theres no reason to play it, only for the fun. But if people want to play it, its their choice.

• deadplayerdeadplayer Member Posts: 102

I quited MapleStory months ago.  But i like the background music !  

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243

i guess maple story is for relaxation game after all. this is not for hardcore gamers who wants more action in gaming.

• xDaexDae Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by AznChimpGuy

lol your right when i first played it since 2002 i got ADDICTED!!!!! now when i quit for a while and starts playing it again it gets boring........

Except GMS just had its 3rd anniversary in 2008.....2008 - 3 = 2005....

You played the game 3 years before it was released? PRO!!!!

This game is RIDICULOUSLY easy to level up in

• RonaruudoRonaruudo Member Posts: 102

There's no professions, quests are hard to find and there's never enough...At the lower levels everyone will be at the same spot, making other players more of an enemy than the monster themselves. Fighting is nothing more than spamming a single button.

In other words, it's the perfect MMO. Doesn't stray from the "Godawful grinding for no reason" formula, not even a tiny bit.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by xDae

Originally posted by AznChimpGuy

Except GMS just had its 3rd anniversary in 2008.....2008 - 3 = 2005....

You played the game 3 years before it was released? PRO!!!!

This game is RIDICULOUSLY easy to level up in

2003 in korea and japan...

maybe he played on there

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

good read, i have not tried this game yet.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• RokucikaRokucika Member Posts: 1

I played Maple for some time also, it seemed like a very *cute* little game to play with. I mean fighting mushrooms and snails, not dragons and zombies, that's what i like about it at first. But then of course when the leveling gets harder, and you need to grind weeks to gain a single level, well yes, then i quit.

• rodel1rodel1 Member Posts: 3

I quit MapleStory like 4 months ago now. I find it a pretty decent game with not to bad graphics at all, and yes the grinding is a pain in the ***. And hackers.... oh so many of them. The one thing thats irritating me about this game is that NX players >>>>>>> Non-NX players . NX players have x2 exp, auto hp/mp, pet that loots everything. True that it's a "F2P" game but still.

You guys happy mapling... and oh yes the game is very addicting. (don't complain about my grammar i'm Dutch).