Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested In Playing

AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

I've thought about playing DAoC for a while now, and during the summer bore I figured it would be a good time to pick it up, but of course, I have some questions.

1. I hear the community is a bunch of pricks, is this true?

2. I also hear that the community is rather small at this point, is this true?

3. If this game is similar to any others, please tell me which ones.

4. Is there any chance for me to catch up to the other players in a reasonable time? (i don't want to hit max mid-fall and have no guild)

Comments

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

The fact that I received no answer, decided the 'small' community.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570

its still one of the better games out.  This little gem is packed with stuff to do, the community has shrunk but is pretty stable right now, still fun.

As with any game or fourm, the jerks are the loudest, not the most.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by Amarao

I've thought about playing DAoC for a while now, and during the summer bore I figured it would be a good time to pick it up, but of course, I have some questions.
    4. Is there any chance for me to catch up to the other players in a reasonable time? (i don't want to hit max mid-fall and have no guild)

1. Some are like any game, but most aren t IMO.

2. Smaller then before yes, still a good size.

3. Honestly it s main goal is end game RVR which no game i ve played anyways is remotely close. Have to try RVR to know why no game is like it.

4. Leveling is quite quick and if you go Classic servers or better yet wait for Origins server where everyone will be starting new then this won t be a problem.

Still the best game i ve played outside WAR beta to date. Obviously you can t just join WAR beta so ya IMO best game out there atm.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Amarao

1)  no

2)yes

3) none compare to DAOC RVR

4) go CLASSIC server and play in the MOLVIK battleground...you should be competative in a week-two weeks

• bedolla3401bedolla3401 Member Posts: 293

when is origins suppose to start?

• GalgamemnonGalgamemnon Member Posts: 115

Sadly this is the second mmorpg i regret buying, the first being vanguard, yeah i bought the retail box for DAOC, it was cool at first being able to play a thane and whatnot, but is a tedious grind and virtualy no people around, what community there actually is are a few small guilds full of pricks who dont care if you need help or not.

The PvP sucks anywho, im happier with warcrafts PvP over this game's.

If you wanna try it, have fun being dissapointed.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

DAoC is a great game with probably the best PvP...err...RvR out there at the moment.

As for these Origin servers, I might have to come back and play if everyone starts with a clean slate.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• lolhahahalolhahaha Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Galgamemnon

Sadly this is the second mmorpg i regret buying, the first being vanguard, yeah i bought the retail box for DAOC, it was cool at first being able to play a thane and whatnot, but is a tedious grind and virtualy no people around, what community there actually is are a few small guilds full of pricks who dont care if you need help or not.

The PvP sucks anywho, im happier with warcrafts PvP over this game's.

If you wanna try it, have fun being dissapointed.

Very odd. I haven't ran into "a bunch of pricks" in DAOC in years and those were only pricks because they killed me over and over. The game hasn't been a tedious grind for several years now. If you want grind try WOW though. Doing dungeon "raids" 50 times so that you can do more and more dungeon "raids" for gear that is obsolete the instant a new expansion comes out. In comparison in DAOC a lot of my characters still PVP in the same gear that was crafted 4-6 years ago. No joke.

The Classic servers are still busy and the people are no more pricks than any other game.

In fact, you'll never run into pricks in DAOC like in WOW where your own guild will usually screw you over for loot or leave you out of a raid at the last minute. Loot isn't as important as tactics and knowing how to use your abilities in DAOC.

Of course, if your idea of fun PVP is running though the same so called battlegrounds 1000 times in order to get stuff to wear, with no actual point or reason for the fighting, then you might not like DAOC.