Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOOT - Resubscribed

I can't wait for WAR and WoW was boring me. So I got a 6month subscription for $55 which I thought was a sick price. I'm still going to quit LOTRO when WAR comes out, but at least I'll have something to do till then.

I'm anxious to try out Book 13, 14 and then Mines or Moria. They look really interesting.

OMGZ... the update program has like 14,273 files! This is going to take a long ass time =(.

See you guys in game when I get there. I'm on that agramar server, or whatever one starts with an A.

Playing: WoW,

Played: Aion, AoC, Eve, EQ, EQ2, LOTRO, Runescape, Guild Wars, DAoC, Planetside, SWG, WAR, Darkfall

Wanting to try: DCU Online

Waiting For: Star Wars The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2.

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Welcome, hope you will enjoy your stay in Middle-Earth ;)

Ive been playing LotrO since release and still think its a great game and with the huge content updates theres always new things to see! Also waiting on Warhammer, Im in beta and it will be great :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• puma713puma713 Member Posts: 288

One thing I always loved about LoTRO was the deeds/titles.  I thought that was ingenious. If nothing else, they give you tiny goals to strive for if you're sick of questing or whatever.  I know that WAR is doing something similar, but I think Turbine made a great game in LoTRO.  I've been considering resubbing myself. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------

/played: EQ, EQ II, DAoC, WoW, LoTRO, AoC, CoH/CoV, WAR, Aion, Tera, Wildstar and many others that don't merit listing

/playing: Clash of Clans, Hearthstone

• tfox2k1tfox2k1 Member Posts: 215

Everyone waiting for WAR will be sadly disappointed.  Mythic is a good company but they can't beat Turbine.   WAR will simply copy what we have but lack the incredible community and lore of LOTRO.

It will also focus on PVP which will ruin it since it will focus on loot more than skill.   LOTRO PVP Is actually quite good since the best loot is only slightly better than the best loot most players can obtain.

Originally posted by tfox2k1

Everyone waiting for WAR will be sadly disappointed.  Mythic is a good company but they can't beat Turbine.   WAR will simply copy what we have but lack the incredible community and lore of LOTRO.

It will also focus on PVP which will ruin it since it will focus on loot more than skill.   LOTRO PVP Is actually quite good since the best loot is only slightly better than the best loot most players can obtain.

Ive played WAR so I know I wont be dissapointed... I really like the world and lore of the Warhammer universe and Mythic is doing a fine job! I dont understand why people always have to bash other games...

but LotrO is still #1 for me :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• Bedlem3342Bedlem3342 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by Servase
    I can't wait for WAR and WoW was boring me. So I got a 6month subscription for $55 which I thought was a sick price. I'm still going to quit LOTRO when WAR comes out, but at least I'll have something to do till then.
    I'm anxious to try out Book 13, 14 and then Mines or Moria. They look really interesting.

OMGZ... the update program has like 14,273 files! This is going to take a long ass time =(.

See you guys in game when I get there. I'm on that agramar server, or whatever one starts with an A.

Welcome back to the game, personaly wont be playing WAR but i am sure its a great game. Good luck friend.

• ServaseServase Member Posts: 180

My whole guild on Arkenstone has quit and they are now playing Age of Conan lol. Theres like 150 members in my guild and the earliest login day for all of them is 45days ago. They told me to buy AoC and start playing with them, but AoC sucks!.

They won't be coming back until Book 14 and Mines of Moria. Anyone have a kinship I can join until thne ? :)

I'm so lonely =(

Played: Aion, AoC, Eve, EQ, EQ2, LOTRO, Runescape, Guild Wars, DAoC, Planetside, SWG, WAR, Darkfall

• jarishjarish Member Posts: 526

I know alot of people from the forums and in-game that left for AoC and have now come back becasue they cant stand that game.

Brandywine Global LFF chan "/joinchannel glff"

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757
    Originally posted by jarish

I know alot of people from the forums and in-game that left for AoC and have now come back becasue they cant stand that game.

LOL, ditto. Half my kin has left, more than half of them are back already :) (meaning, more than half of THAT half, who have left. Over a quarter a little :)

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• puma713puma713 Member Posts: 288
    Originally posted by tfox2k1

WAR will simply copy what we have but lack the incredible community and lore of LOTRO.

You're kidding right?  Warhammer lack lore?  I don't suppose you've read the 25 years of books, codices and rulebooks.  That's like saying. . ."Oh, Dragonlance lacks lore."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

/played: EQ, EQ II, DAoC, WoW, LoTRO, AoC, CoH/CoV, WAR, Aion, Tera, Wildstar and many others that don't merit listing

/playing: Clash of Clans, Hearthstone

• OrihuelaOrihuela Member Posts: 115

They won't be coming back until Book 14 and Mines of Moria. Anyone have a kinship I can join until thne ? :)
    I'm so lonely =(

Heroes of Legend (Brandywine) :)

mmorpg.com/guilds.cfm/guild/62

heroesoflegend.com.ar/

• ServaseServase Member Posts: 180
    Originally posted by Orihuela

I'm so lonely =(

Heroes of Legend (Brandywine) :)

mmorpg.com/guilds.cfm/guild/62

heroesoflegend.com.ar/

I have a lvl 50 Minstrel on Arkenstone  and was thinking of rerolling on Brandywine due to higher population.

What class do you guys need and I'll start a new character.

• tfox2k1tfox2k1 Member Posts: 215

Blah, blah, blah, whatever new MMO is coming out is going to be so great.   If you have been MMOing as long as I have, since the day UO opened, even before if you count MUDS or NWN on AOL, you realize believing the hype and waiting will cause you to never be happy.

I've found over the years the companies that do the least amount of hype are the ones releasing the best MMOs.   AoC was obviously going to be horrible, I even posted as such in the past.   Going on record again to say that WAR, while it wont be as bad as AoC will also not be as good as LOTRO.

Quite simply its because you CAN NOT have PVP in an MMO unless you model it after Guild Wars or Eve Online.    First reason for this is balance.   The devs will cave to the endless whining about whatever class being more powerful than another class.   Meaning in time everyone will basically be the same.    Until that point you will have lots of whining, but at least interesting PVP.  

Secondly if the PVP is based upon gear then it will simply be whoever spends the most hours farming said gear that will be beating people.   

Mark my words, WAR will be an utter failure.    Much like AoC, but not quite as bad.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by puma713

One thing I always loved about LoTRO was the deeds/titles.  I thought that was ingenious. If nothing else, they give you tiny goals to strive for if you're sick of questing or whatever.  I know that WAR is doing something similar, but I think Turbine made a great game in LoTRO.  I've been considering resubbing myself. . .

Quite a few games have titles actually...Guild Wars and Ryzom are the two at the top of my head.

• fungistratusfungistratus Member Posts: 437

EDIT

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Lydon

Quite a few games have titles actually...Guild Wars and Ryzom are the two at the top of my head.

Yes, but in most games they don't do anything for you.  In LoTRO you can actually earn stat boosts from them.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• Jaxom92Jaxom92 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by Yeebo

Yes, but in most games they don't do anything for you.  In LoTRO you can actually earn stat boosts from them.

Sort of. The stat boosts come with the second part of the slayer deed. The first part gives you the title. So, it's not the title directly that gives you the stat boosts.

I still think they're cool though. I go around as Jaxom Dragonrider Lord of Fangs at the moment.

Check out my LOTRO Blog: www.middleearthadventurer.blogspot.com

• bluealien1bluealien1 Member Posts: 526

Book 13 will keep you occupied for all of 2 days, I'm guessing book 14 won't be much longer, and Mines of Moria a month at absolute best.

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Jaxom92

Originally posted by Yeebo

Sort of. The stat boosts come with the second part of the slayer deed. The first part gives you the title. So, it's not the title directly that gives you the stat boosts.

I still think they're cool though. I go around as Jaxom Dragonrider Lord of Fangs at the moment.

Puma said he liked the "deed/title" system, and Lindon tried to poop on his parade by pointing out other games have titles.  I was trying to point out that there is more to the system than just titles, but obviously not being clear enough.   The deeds that open up after you earn certain titles are still part of the deed system.  If I'm not mistaken some of the exploration deeds also earn you a points in a virtue and a new title at the same time.

So far my favorite title is one my main earned when she was like level ten or so, Honorary Shirriff.  I have some much rarer ones, but I can't think of a cooler title for a hobbit to have :P 

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

Originally posted by bluealien1

Book 13 will keep you occupied for all of 2 days, I'm guessing book 14 won't be much longer, and Mines of Moria a month at absolute best.

Oh no the blue alien is back and bashing LotrO! RUUUUN!

You have already proved you are a troll so no point coming back here now...

I hope you are having fun in that other game where content is running dry 30 lvls from cap ;)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Originally posted by Papadam

I hope you are having fun in that other game where content is running dry 30 lvls from cap ;)

I'm a troll because I don't like LotRO. Hey, nice try.

And at level 80 I'm not running out of content, thanks :)

No you are a troll because you are posting lies and personal opinions as if they were facts... LotrO was never a game for hardcore pvpers or raiders so if thats what you are looking for then its not that wierd if you run out of content... You are free to hate the game and say what you dont like about it... but over and over again? We got your point.. you dont like LotrO...

Glad to see you are having fun thou :)

maybe you should play instead of trolling the LotrO forum?

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

<p>You are a troll because you come here and do like all the wow kids do: bash lotro just for fun. If you rly think the updates are bad, dont play the game and if you dont play the game dont talk about it. Do you see many lotro players come to wow forums and say wow is lame because its community is the worst any mmorpg has ever seen?</p>
    <p>O and btw yeah war has a lot of lore, but considering lotro isnt just using the movies but also all of Tolkien's book, lotro lore is much more complex. To bad they didnt use all the languages that Tolkien created in the game.</p>

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

No you are a troll because you are posting lies and personal opinions as if they were facts... LotrO was never a game for hardcore pvpers or raiders so if thats what you are looking for then its not that wierd if you run out of content... You are free to hate the game and say what you dont like about it... but over and over again? We got your point.. you dont like LotrO...

Could you quote some of my lies please...

luls.

luls.

Bluealien1 wrote

"Helegrod is stupid easy, you can 11 man it all the way until the last boss with ease, 24 man my ass. The 6 man is easy too, and the new zone is 85% water... Do you know why they chose a zone that would be 85% water? So that you had to SWIM alot, I'm thoroughly convinced this was a cheap timesink because the knew that content was pretty much nonexistant. Hundreds of quests? The same quests you did from 1-29, go kill 10 boars and bring me their hides, same quests different names."

11-man Helgrod with ease  = Lie

All 6-man is easy= Lie

New zone 85% water= Lie

Kill 10 boars in Evendim= Lie because there is no boars in Evendim ;)

"The Rift isn't the best gear in the game"

Lie because it is, but not much better than crafted and so on!

"You wanna know why Forochel has a huge frozen lake? Why did they choose this area as the new zone? The same reason they did Evendim, except this time it's even worse because you can't actually swim. "

Yea Im sure the devs choose Forochel because of the water.. Lie... and since you can swift travel over it its not even an issue..

"Do you really think that the super duper awesome reputation system isn't just a pure grind? Because it is, along with the trait/deed system, nothing more.

The 'content' is pretty mind numbingly boring. Isn't this a western MMO? Starting to seem Asian to me with all of the grind."

As ive said before.. LotrO has almost no FORCED grinding... its probably one of the least grindy MMOs out there... and you get reputation thorugh crafting, questing, doing intances and GRIND if you want to... so this was just more lies..

eveything else is you have said is just your opinion so its not much to argue about.. your free to think what you whant..

seems to me like you played LotrO alot and got burned out and now when you have found your new super cool uber harcore PvP and raiding game with gore and breast, you are going to bash LotrO .. :/

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

luls.

Bluealien1 wrote

"Helegrod is stupid easy, you can 11 man it all the way until the last boss with ease, 24 man my ass. The 6 man is easy too, and the new zone is 85% water... Do you know why they chose a zone that would be 85% water? So that you had to SWIM alot, I'm thoroughly convinced this was a cheap timesink because the knew that content was pretty much nonexistant. Hundreds of quests? The same quests you did from 1-29, go kill 10 boars and bring me their hides, same quests different names."

11-man Helgrod with ease  = Lie

No, I'm sorry but my guild did all the way up to Thorog with 11 with ease.

All 6-man is easy= Lie

Err... What? A hard 6-man in LotRO, yeah... lol.

New zone 85% water= Lie

Exaggeration, it is largely water though.

Kill 10 boars in Evendim= Lie because there is no boars in Evendim ;)

"The Rift isn't the best gear in the game"

Lie because it is, but not much better than crafted and so on!

No. It's most definitely not. It is on par with Helegrod pieces and some crafted is just as good if not better, don't even bother giving me that shit because you're wrong. Any guardian that would take Rift gloves over crafted gloves needs their head examined.

"You wanna know why Forochel has a huge frozen lake? Why did they choose this area as the new zone? The same reason they did Evendim, except this time it's even worse because you can't actually swim. "

Yea Im sure the devs choose Forochel because of the water.. Lie... and since you can swift travel over it its not even an issue..

I'm guessing you forget that you need to do boring, drawn out quests to actually use the swift travel.

"Do you really think that the super duper awesome reputation system isn't just a pure grind? Because it is, along with the trait/deed system, nothing more.

The 'content' is pretty mind numbingly boring. Isn't this a western MMO? Starting to seem Asian to me with all of the grind."

As ive said before.. LotrO has almost no FORCED grinding... its probably one of the least grindy MMOs out there... and you get reputation thorugh crafting, questing, doing intances and GRIND if you want to... so this was just more lies..

So crafting 1000+ of the same item to get Kindred isn't a grind? What? A grind is a grind, forced or not.

eveything else is you have said is just your opinion so its not much to argue about.. your free to think what you whant..

seems to me like you played LotrO alot and got burned out and now when you have found your new super cool uber harcore PvP and raiding game with gore and breast, you are going to bash LotrO .. :/

You fail. Epicly.

If you're going to defend LotRO you should have at least played it before, you know.