Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Fun Combat

nickman1993nickman1993 Member Posts: 287

Hate myself for making one of these but i am looking for game that's 3d and not browser based that has Fun Combat. Not just boring click and something happens.

I am looking inot AoC but wont try it until i get buddy key so please dont offer that as a suggestion.

Comments

• Bill_PardyBill_Pardy Member Posts: 196

Dungeons & Dragons Online has a very fun and interactive combat system. You can get a free 10-day trial for it as well.  You have to actually hit the monster with your sword, not just roll the right number, and that works both ways. You can Tumble away from an attack, Jump over it, or even just hold up a shield to absorb some of the damage.

• nickman1993nickman1993 Member Posts: 287

I've tried it and it had way to much instancing for my taste. I have also tryed Mabinogi (hasn't been stated but i remembered it) and its a major grind after lvl 18 and is not f2p

• Let see here are your options:

DDO - you already said too instanced.

CoX - also fairly instanced

AoC - Also heavily instanced and you should wait for a trial anyway

Tabula Rasa - instanced about like EQ2, lacks RPG diverity

Neocron - kind of like tabula rasa, much better RPG diversity but old, low pop, and clunky

Jumpgate - old and low pop but pure skill space flight simulator

Planetside - old FPS mostly PvP

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

I'm even willing to try a browser based game to find a fun combat system. I'd either like action or some strategic thought but there's really nothing out there other than what is listed above.

• Originally posted by Dhaeman

I'm even willing to try a browser based game to find a fun combat system. I'd either like action or some strategic thought but there's really nothing out there other than what is listed above.

Well the stuff I listed is perfectly playable and fun.  I mean they have your downside so pick your poison.

Seriously some of those older games like Neocron and Jumpgate are interesting to play just because they have a very different content model.  They are worth playing for a month or two without criticisizing them.

Some of these MMOs are much more fun when you do not look at them like they are an investment.  Of course most people here are addicted to the investment mentality and its "progression".

• nickman1993nickman1993 Member Posts: 287

I havent played planetside and dont really know much about it. but i was wondering  it is an "mmorpg" Cn someone explain the game to me?

• fungistratusfungistratus Member Posts: 437

Tabula Rasa, Dungeons and Dragons Online, PLanetside

• fungistratusfungistratus Member Posts: 437
    Originally posted by nickman1993

I havent played planetside and dont really know much about it. but i was wondering  it is an "mmorpg" Cn someone explain the game to me?

No its a frag fest FPS with and RPG element.   You can specialize in differnt vehicles for getting points from making kills.

There are 3 factions each with thier own unique weapons and vehicles.  There is also a pool of weapns /vehicles everyone shares.

Essentially its a 24 hour battleground of Attack/Defend on 6 or 7 different planets.  Its not an RPG is MMOFPS,

Tabula Rasa is the closest action/mmorpg I can think of.   But not the greatest game as it gets a bit repetitive.

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531
    Originally posted by gestalt11

Originally posted by Dhaeman

Well the stuff I listed is perfectly playable and fun.  I mean they have your downside so pick your poison.

Seriously some of those older games like Neocron and Jumpgate are interesting to play just because they have a very different content model.  They are worth playing for a month or two without criticisizing them.

Some of these MMOs are much more fun when you do not look at them like they are an investment.  Of course most people here are addicted to the investment mentality and its "progression".

I didn't mean the games you listed weren't good. Just that there's no real hidden gems out there and that most of these types of games are fairly out in the open for those following the MMORPG genre. As for me, I've played and grown tired of or just didn't enjoy the games on your list. But it is a good list for the OP to look into.

• etwynnetwynn Member Posts: 219