Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the best rated F2P MMO's?

I was looking at some F2P normally I find them crap. But there are so many of them whats the best rated or most popular ones out there?

Comments

• The best rated on this website that you do not have to pay per month is Guild Wars.

• bmcinvaillebmcinvaille Member Posts: 209

well let me re-phrase not GW and something that is complete free. GW you have to buy the software.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

My favourites would be;
    - RF Online for some RvR gameplay, free to download and play has a ingame shop,( which you don't need to use)
    - Perfect world for some free roaming and flying, nice looking game, free to download and play has an ingame shop,( but you can't use the shop unless you live over there, but anything that you want from the shop, you can usually trade with the players who can buy, if you need anything, so far I never have)
    - Shadow Bane for some PvP gameplay, free to download and play, far as I can tell no in game shop, graphic are a bit retro, but a brutal world, great character race selection , Hardcore watch out!
    - Swords of the new world, PvE,PvP nice graphic's, Ingame shop, free to download and play.
    It really is up to you to go thru the Gamelist and pick and choose for yourself, these are just my fav's for when I'm bored and can't be bothered with the pay to play games.
    hope this helps.
  • Originally posted by bmcinvaille

well let me re-phrase not GW and something that is complete free. GW you have to buy the software.

Oh, well i'm not really sure. I thought Lunia was pretty fun, and 2moons can be good if you don't mind grinding. 2moons has pretty nice scenery to me and the dungeons are kinda fun, but basically just mindless killing. Even though it was  total grind it was pretty fun for awhile. Lunia was kinda like an arcade game...combos and such. There is also Drift city..racing mmo. That can be pretty fun.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Originally posted by Nunez1212

Originally posted by bmcinvaille

Oh, well i'm not really sure. I thought Lunia was pretty fun, and 2moons can be good if you don't mind grinding. 2moons has pretty nice scenery to me and the dungeons are kinda fun, but basically just mindless killing. Even though it was  total grind it was pretty fun for awhile. Lunia was kinda like an arcade game...combos and such. There is also Drift city..racing mmo. That can be pretty fun.

<3 drift city

Is getting a group in 2moons fairly easy?

I should add, cabal online is pretty fun

Rapplez is one of my fav's though I think the game has lost some popularity from when I played

Pirates of the caribean online...

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

I think none F2P are good, however, it might be worthy if you could get most fun out of it for a short period of time especially at beginning stage. Nearly all F2P based on skill points which means you are going to kill a great number of mobs to earn skill point to be capable in game. And they all use same mob from level 1 up to level 100 just change the name. They are all heavy weight grindings:

Cabal Online - nice game and above average game quality, standard user's interface.

Last Chaos - nice game with poorer graphics, uses F1 -12 on skill attack, and integrate pet as your main ability.

Rippelz - nice game, poor users interface F1-12, pet is half of your character ability.

Medium Weight grinding:

Pirates of Caribbean Online - it's paid game, free to play only one week, after 1 week, the screen became 8-inch on your screen and unplayable. I have subscribed 6 months. it was fun at beginning but when I realized that it is same as other F2P based on skill point grinding then I lose my appetite to log in, instead I log in Rippelz.

Currently, I am still looking for a new game. Maybe a game like Diablo 3.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Best ones right now are Requeim Online, Sword of the New World, Mabinogi, and Dream of Mirror Online.

• marowitmarowit Member UncommonPosts: 268

check out returnofwarrior.com it basicaly ryl1 with some new features it has race 2 race wars per day heard it is grindy but it has no cash shop for the moment so that will keep you occupied some time.

the graphics are a bit outdated but you have wasd and if you use bows/guns or magic you have to aim.

REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS AND REGRET THEY HAVE PASSED.

• DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

They are all horrible. don't bother...

• ttomm46ttomm46 Member UncommonPosts: 446

You play one you've played em all!

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by ttomm46

The only way you can come to such an ignorant conclussions is by not playing them all.

• gathgath Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by Gameloading

The only way you can come to such an ignorant conclussions is by not playing them all.

That is correct, you have to play 3 of them, to know how all of them are.

The nice graphics 3D grinder.

The bad graphics 3D/2D grinder.

The childish cartoonish grinder.

Senhores da Guerra

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by gath

Your definitions are very, very poor. The main reason is that when you say a "2D"  game, you really haven't explained anything. A game like Maple Story plays very different from, say Trickster. Just like a 3D game like Sword of the New World plays very different from Rohan Online,Perfect World or Voyage online ( I believe that what it's called)

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

Try sword of the new world. i downloaded it for something i can play when DDO servers go down. Ive really been impressed with it so far. if you dont mind point-click to move its a blast.

otherwise check out the gpotato site all of their games are free, and decent. Flyff and Rappelz

• gathgath Member Posts: 424

Originally posted by gath

Your definitions are very, very poor. The main reason is that when you say a "2D"  game, you really haven't explained anything. A game like Maple Story plays very different from, say Trickster. Just like a 3D game like Sword of the New World plays very different from Rohan Online,Perfect World or Voyage online ( I believe that what it's called)

I played almost every single F2P game on the list in here.

Altough i am obviously joking about "play one = play all" (in my case, 3  ), they are way too much alike, to take the trouble to make distinctions. Games like Sword of the New World, and Perfect World, do infact stray a little from the "classic" asian grinder. But besides that, be it 2D, 2.5D, 3D, with more or less grind, cartoon graphics, or more realistic, most of the asian games have the exact same base.

If we were to remove the graphics, remove the lore (more then half is asian based lore), and compare gameplays, most of the games will fall somewhat on my 3 examples.

Just because a game has a diferent looks, maybe diferent kind of weapons, maybe even diferent classes, doenst mean it is actually diferent.

As another (althought not "mmorpg"), maybe even more basic, example of that is, the amount of "mafia" like (browser, text, based) games, that are exact copies one from the other. Do people consider it the same game? No. But, does it have anything what so ever diferent one from the other? Also no.

Senhores da Guerra

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

I was looking at some F2P normally I find them crap. But there are so many of them whats the best rated or most popular ones out there?

I play most MMORPG's that hit the scene.  That includes both the P2P and F2P ones.  I've tried tons from the latter category, mostly out of curiosity.

Honestly, if you normally hate F2P games, I don't think there's anything I could recommend to you that would really appeal to you.  Cleffy listed a few earlier in this thread that probably are the best F2P out there at present.

But if you prefer Western games, I'm not sure you'd really like any.  Sword of the New World/GE has some interesting action and has a lot of areas to go through, with a decent level of variety.  The character system there is very interesting.  However, it lacks depth in some other areas, and the enemy design is very Korean.  It might piss you off.  I'd try it, though.  Personally, I keep it installed, going back to play it every few weeks for a day or two.  You might find it an interesting diversion for a while.

Mabinogi and DOMO have a bit of a different focus than most MMORPG's you probably enjoy.  I'm not really sure how to describe it.  Just try one.

Most of what I've heard of Requiem: Bloodymare leads me to believe that it's kinda meh.  I haven't tried it myself.  You might like it if you're into that family of games.

It's kinda hard to respond if you don't talk about what your tastes are.  Just saying to recommend a F2P game when you don't like F2P games doesn't help.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by redcap036

- Perfect world for some free roaming and flying, nice looking game, free to download and play has an ingame shop,( but you can't use the shop unless you live over there, but anything that you want from the shop, you can usually trade with the players who can buy, if you need anything, so far I never have)

Where do you get you cannot use ingame shop unless you live there? I live in Canada n have tried the game shop once for this game. Had no problems. Last time I checked Canada was not part of Asia...or did someone move us Canadians n not tell us?

• FlywheelFlywheel Member Posts: 60

Lol I cant believe that people list Guild Wars - a very good game as most MMO players will agree (especially as it has no subscription cost) - and out of hand you deem it is too costly, no reason given other than - ooh I have to pay for the box, its too much.

Put this into perspective, the original Guild Wars can be bought for less than £15 if you shop around, has no monthly fees at all, more content than any F2P and a better game in my opinion than any F2P (it has a large game world, PVE, PVP, good class balance, a large story and some good quests and a large number of active players). Just how tight can someone be to deem £15 too much for an online PC title - its a ONE-OFF sum and its half the price of any new PC release (1/3 the price of many new console releases). FFS get some sort of part time job at the weekend, beg your parents for the £15, wash you neighbours car/dog/toilet a few times, get it next birthday, Christmas, whatever... If you can't afford £15 for a game that will most likely give months of entertainment then what other games do you play - large pirated software collection perhaps ?

The F2P market is plagued by some of the worst tripe you can possibly play on a PC. Finding a good F2P is a rare thing indeed...

• sonicwhipsonicwhip Member UncommonPosts: 117

perfect world international

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

I believe he asked what the best rated is; not "what do you think is the best?"

The answer is atlantica. Although shit, it received amazing ratings.

• milpelessamilpelessa Member Posts: 1

Well, there is this new F2P MMORPG called Atlantica Online. It have pretty much good reviews in MMO gaming website, which is why I tried the game in the 1st place. I believe this MMO is worth trying since there are more innovations that this game introduce in the genre, especially regarding F2P MMOs.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Duilyon

They are all horrible. don't bother...

Prior to 2008 i would say you were correct but it seems that alot more companies are looking at the f2p model and we are starting to see some pretty good games 9Ryzom, Atlantica, RoM (in open beta)........ The days are gone where you can just assume that because it is f2p it is crappy.......If you go with the assumption that only the p2p games are worthy then you are going to be stuck with the Warhammers and AoCs which are nothing special and you spend about a hundred bucks to find that out.

• ttomm46ttomm46 Member UncommonPosts: 446

Like I said I'm not coming to ignorant"Conclussions""''Whatever that means...Most pay ones are boring enough....F2P get old fast..unlesss childishly simple gameplay and cash shops are your thing..Of coarse I like UO and Meridian59 except it shrunk to nothing, so what do i know

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

I personaly like Atlantica Online and ROSE online.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Hands down the best F2P game is ..... THE SAGA OF RYZOM!

well it's been free for awhile and will be a bit longer.. should check it out while it is!