Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wtf? No Diablo 3 Info on MMORPG?

124»

Comments

• doomrahdoomrah Member CommonPosts: 376

i show 50 posts per page, so i'm only on page 2

• mbg1411mbg1411 Member UncommonPosts: 109

To those saying DIII aint on here b/c its not an mmo, your telling me Phantasy Star Universe is?

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

Today they scream going OMG WHY ISN'T IT ON HERE.

Tomorrow they cry OMG THIS SUCKS IT'S NOT AN MMO I HATE IT.

I think we need to start OARPG.COM (Online Action Role Playing Games) for all of us who love the pseudo-MMO's and non-massively multiplayer RPG's as well as games like Rakion and Exteel....just so we can instantly trim the "OMG IT'S NOT AN MMO."

Oh wait, people will see Mythos' Overworld content and go OMG IT'S GOT PERSISTANT WORLD ZONES IT'S AN MMO and flame it there. Nevermind.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Signe

Well, I guess we told that OP.  Over and over and over again.  For 8 pages!  I think he buggered off  on page 2, though. 

And he didn't even give us a cookie or a piece of pie for participating. How rude!

• shadenisshadenis Member Posts: 217
    Originally posted by Darkor_hXc

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND what MMO means, D2 is not an MMO and D3 will NOT be an MMO. Why? Cause is NOT a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE Game nad is Single Player based so go cry on the blizzard forums.

BTW Diablo is not one of the Grandfathers of MMOs... maybe a Grandfather of the hack and slash games

GL HF

fixed

-----------------------------------------------------------
    the old days, the days of gold.

representer of euhporium, shade/amity , high member of the council.

played

UO,M59,EVE,L2,AC,GW,WOW,LOTRO,SWG pre cu/nge,COH/COV, VG,TR,L1, POTBS,Neocron 1 and 2, DAOC pre TOA and age of conan

playing: EVE ONLINE
    Waiting for Earthrise, FE, bioware mmo, guild wars 2, DFO , mortal online , the chronicles of spellborn

Originally posted by mrdoublerr

Originally posted by Thillian

Originally posted by TookyG

It's not an MMO.

It's not a MMO

and it's not even a RPG

you know everything dont you, if you look on gaming site, game retailers site, its a action role-playing game.

FAIL ?

COD4 is a RPG to since i am playing a character?

Sorry mate, diablo is a hack and slash game, not a role playing game. Try baldurs gate, final fantasy or fallout  1 and 2, maybe try dungeons and dragons, don't forget the witcher.

Those are RPG's.

Diablo doesn't belong in the RPG genre. It is a pure hack and slash game. Saying it is a RPG is a disgrace for the entire RPG genre and makes you a person that doesn't know what RPG is or just hasn't played a RPG before.

played

UO,M59,EVE,L2,AC,GW,WOW,LOTRO,SWG pre cu/nge,COH/COV, VG,TR,L1, POTBS,Neocron 1 and 2, DAOC pre TOA and age of conan

Waiting for Earthrise, FE, bioware mmo, guild wars 2, DFO , mortal online , the chronicles of spellborn

Originally posted by TookyG

It's not an MMO.

It's not a MMO

and it's not even a RPG

you know everything dont you, if you look on gaming site, game retailers site, its a action role-playing game.

FAIL ?

So you're saying these kids who wrote some silly articles on gaming sites that consider KOTOR to be the first RPG with good/bad side have a valuable opinion? RPG needs more than just a character development, otherwise Tropico or Sims would be RPG too.

these kids ? gamespot , IGN, game.co.uk to name a few.

who are you anyway ? oh yea right nobody... do you work in the videogame industry? I dont really care if diablo is on mmorpg or not, its just so many people seems to hate blizzard, it pisses me off. and thats the reason most of you dont want to see diablo 3 featured on mmorpg.

diablo is a good game but it isn't a RPG. The truth is, it is lies more in the marketing and sounding because hack and slash sounds so..... cliche.

The truth is that you are also a little kid who doesn't know what a RPG game is or what the RPG genre is.

played

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

Quite off-topic... But nevertheless, might be interesting what people think of this.

Diablo fans always make me laugh... I agree that it's a good game, I love it myself. But most of those fans also hate Guild Wars; for not being an MMO, etc.   But you are fans of Battle.Net, guess what... Arena.Net (Guild wars' developer), Battle.net...

Got the clue yet? No? Let me quote this then, from Arena.net's website then, this can be found under jobs; "A collaborative design environment; work shoulder to shoulder with the development leads from Guild Wars, StarCraft, Diablo and Battle.net." *evil laugh*  Yes, it's more or less the same developer.

The reason? Arena.Net was founded by 3 developers from Blizzard. One of them was working on Battle.Net, the others on WoW (can be mistaking). Although they left Blizzard, both kept on communicating, and cooperating. While WoW fanbois flame Guild Wars fanbois (and vice versa), the developers were working together, all on games that became.. HUGE. Diablo being seen as one of the greatest RPG's ever, Guild Wars having 4.5 million players, WoW 10-11 million players, starcraft is also seen as one of the biggest RTS's ever.

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• gathgath Member Posts: 424

I'm going to carve a dog out of a bar of soap.

If i call it dog, my friend calls it dog, and i get a couple of dumb sites with automated news, call it dog... i guess it will become a dog... no?

Senhores da Guerra

This discussion has been closed.