Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So mounts at lvl 30....

13»

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by j-monster

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by SgtFrog

so they are making the game easier again

And what would be the point of making the game harder?

Pissing people off for no reason? Alienating new players? Making sure your game fades in to obscurity?

What fun is a game without a challenge?

I agree with the SgtFrog guy, it's part of the reason why I quit.

The challenge should not come from having enough time to walk from zone to zone, there is no fun to be had there

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

I would say the pally/lock epic mount quests need to be reworked.  They were originally made to be the pinnacle of a 60-capped game.  Now it's just absurd with the amount of materials needed.  They all require mulitple professions that no one player can have.  Since very few people go to scholo anymore, dark runes are a rarity, there is simply little demand for them anymore.

My 60 pally and a 70 feral druid duoed the entire blood elf version.  I think that quest line is pretty ok as it is.

The alliance pally version need to be rethought, especially since scholo is a ghost town now (no pun intended).

The lock version is worse since requires a significant clear of DM to even get to the start of the summoning.  Many times locks have to bribe people to spend a couple hours in DM just to get their dreadsteed.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Next they should get rid of flightpaths. You should be able to open the map and click anywhere to teleport instantly as long as you have been there before. Scratch that, get rid of map fog and allow instant teleportation anywhere.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

i want a lvl 10 mount.

traveling around by running has nothing to do with fun, its just dumb.

look an vanguard,you can rent flying mounts by lvl 1 and buy a horse at lvl 10...

lowering the riding lvl has nothing to do with "making the game easyier".

its finaly a good idea from the devs.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Theres nothing wrong with mounts at 30 i mean who cares 10 levels with a mount less time spent wasted on walking.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Jerid13
    the dread steed quest took me three weeks to find people to help do it and it was REALLY easy once we actually got to the boss.
    It a pity that the way WoW does things is it makes most of its game unplayable to introducing a newer better "more fun" alternative.
    Like who goes to The Blasted Lands to level?  No one
    Who runs DM?
    No one
    Whats the point of having around HALF of the world they do?   There isn't one!
    they need to focus on using their older content or suffer the loss of their player base like DAoC and EQ did when they chose to phase out their older areas rather than refocus on them
    I love Blizzard entertainment, I've played online games since Diablo and UO were the only two competitors and frankly both were wonderful. 

I agree no one runs pre-Outland dungeons anymore. Well not like they used to before TBC came out. IMHO when they increase the level cap and 90%-95% of the server is busy trying to reach level 80 or at 80 they should allow for 2 types of dungeons 1-70. One that is for groups and another version for solo players. Kind of how AoC does it and in fact that is the only thing I liked about AoC. This way people can at least run through the quests lines to enjoy the content that is just rotting away pre-expansion.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Briansho
    Next they should get rid of flightpaths. You should be able to open the map and click anywhere to teleport instantly as long as you have been there before. Scratch that, get rid of map fog and allow instant teleportation anywhere.

There are already map mods that get rid of fog. Oh and Vangaurd has rift ways that work like you described. :P

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Challenge?

What challenge?

The only "challenge" in keeping mounts at level 40 is the challenge of staying interested in the game because levels 30 to 40 are the worst in the game.

It really boggles the sane mind how some people can possibly think that lowering the level requirement for mounts is removing "challenge" or making it "too easy".

But it is good to see that there are still people will wildly over react to anything Blizzard changes in WoW to accomodate it's players.

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by SgtFrog

so they are making the game easier again

And what would be the point of making the game harder?

Pissing people off for no reason? Alienating new players? Making sure your game fades in to obscurity?

I agree with the SgtFrog guy, it's part of the reason why I quit.

Having extra downtime while grinding doesn't equate to challenge.  Rare ground mounts aren't even that fast.  It feels like I'm practically walking when I got on one now.  If you really think this is dumbing the game down instead of making life easier, I don't know what to tell you.