Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO sales! 300.000 only on europe

2»

Comments

• ratariarataria Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Majikku

It isn't easy to guess the number of players in an MMO, but I the estimate from MMOGChart is in line with the current numbers. 
    Just look at the amount of servers LOTRO has.  There's still under 15 servers.  Now, almost all MMOs give their servers a max online capacity of about 5000 players or less.  WoW has almost 200 servers; so it's easy to guess that their active subscribers are well over 5 million players.
    LOTRO is definitely under 200k active subscribers/players.  I play right now, and I know for a fact the chat channels do get quiet.  You'll see a lot of chatters who are mainly the same people.
    Guilds (Kinships) advertise 50 members as being a lot in a guild.  Compare this to other highly active games.  In a WoW guild, you could see 150+ members, not logged in at the same time or course.
    The good thing about LOTRO is that it isn't dead yet, but patience is often required.  I guarantee you're not going to get a group within an hour on a week night.  People usually group up to do quests and book chapters.  There's lots of Roleplaying as well.
    300k box sales? 900k box sales??  These don't mean a thing except that we bumped Turbines revenue by millions.
    If you want to get an idea of how many players there are in an MMO, just look at the amount of servers there are.  Most server capacities have that max amount of players in mind, that's one reason why different servers are required to run an MMO.  Max numbers result in Queues, such that many have seen with WoW, and such is the birth of new servers.
    So if you want to make an estimate for yourself, start with 5000 per server multiplied by the number of servers the game has.  There you have it... an idea of how many people actually play.

LOTRO has 26 servers not 15. my guild is a very small one and we have more then 200 active members. your point doesn't make any sense lotro servers can hold more then 10k people each this was stated by Ceo.

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by Bloodnok

ANybody could set up a website with MMO sub charts on it and claim inside sources gave them information. I could do it in about 15 minutes and make up all the numbers myself. It's all educated guesses, nothing more.

Well, that's definitely an ignorant lie.

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757
    Originally posted by sempiternal

ANybody could set up a website with MMO sub charts on it and claim inside sources gave them information. I could do it in about 15 minutes and make up all the numbers myself. It's all educated guesses, nothing more.

Prove it.

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• ratariarataria Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

Originally posted by sempiternal

Prove it.

DB

he can't