Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One sentence-criticize a mmo

nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Since there is so much seemingly pent up aggravation, how about we release that with a topic where you pick a mmo and write one sentence criticizing it. I'll start:

WoW- has a strong emphasis on PvP yet forces people to level up via a lame PvE route.

Comments

• doomrahdoomrah Member CommonPosts: 376

WAR- has a strong emphasis on PvP yet doesn't force people to level up via a lame PvE route.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

UO - EA sucks

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

RF Online - OMG where to start?

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

WoW!   Where do I start?

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

AoC - Only 3 races, "innovative" combat system is crap, "violence and nudity" instead of real content.

D&DO - Should have changed D&D drastically to make it work in an MMO; heavy instancing instead of a huge gameworld that would have been required for this title.

L2 - Great beautiful manga graphics, awful grind, lack of character individuality, lack of item customization.

LotRO - WoW with Tolkien, no female dwarves, bards are the only healers, cant play evil races either, overall too shallow.

WoW - ugly comic graphics, not enough challenge, boring grind as "endgame" that you reach much too fast.

• WearacupWearacup Member Posts: 161

UO - It died after UO:R but no one informed the trammies, account managers, or dev (/laugh) team.

Trammies need to stop polluting the MMORPG landscape. They already have enough games in which to emote hugs and sell garbage by the banks.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

EvE:  88% unpersonalized.

WurmOnline: Survival grind.

WoW, EQ(2), whatever:  Has endgame.

Muds:  you're supposed to type that fast, or program your character to fight for you?

Everything: "Mudflation, or players're just wasting time" leading developers.

Vanguard: Somebody will mess up worse than us someday, that's the day we Strike.

Random F2P:  The cake is a lie.

Guildwars: "I can has PvE people, see there they are", The game talking.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

No one of course said you couldn't poke at the game you play

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• shoudenshouden Member UncommonPosts: 22

Pre CU SWG *Insert random hate message here*  SOE!!

• marowitmarowit Member UncommonPosts: 268

GW:90% single player

eve:like learning surgery

WoW: I ar3 ub3r l33t 14 y3ar 0ld.w4n4 c1b3r s3x?

WaR: the next big disappointment?

Entropia:Sweating(you only need one word for that)

*Insert generic asian game here*:grind fest, lag fest, bot fest, cash shop fest

Linage 2:buy gold or you have no chance.

Mythos: fix the darn FX problem already!!!!

to be continued when i have more inspiration.

REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS AND REGRET THEY HAVE PASSED.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

Originally posted by paulscott

Muds:  you're supposed to type that fast, or program your character to fight for you?

Yep, in long hand even (120wpm typers); and you can't do a PvP fight for 3hrs straight without the macros!

--

VoyageCentury: Ruined by botters and cheap city PvP scrolls.

EQII: Hello? Anyone home?

Anarchy Online: Can't even remove it from the computer, like a hidden rootkit.

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

UO: Lag and Ultima IV top-down view interface

EQ: I was great, now I wanna be just like Wow

EQ2: I was never great; and in fact was quite a bit like WoW

EVE: Profanity FTW. LOL 88% unpersonalized, so true.

POBS: I wanna be just like WoW, except on the water

Vanguard: I want to be different, but the investors made me be more similar to WoW than I'd care to admit. Oops and sorry bout that launch

AoC: I'm going to be really different....or not.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• Ryder22Ryder22 Member Posts: 132

Runescape - Overpopulated small worlds full of adolescents and pre-pubesent 40-year-olds

"The definition of over doesn't have to be, "The End"