Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 months clean and proud of it!!!!!

I played WoW for 3 years.

For the last year and a half i've forced myself to play cause all my friends played.

Ever totally hate a game but still log in everyday?

It's a terrible feeling.

Spending more time on the forums wishing the game would get better or my money would actually go to new content and not the Development of SC2 and Diablo3.

Arena sucks, raids suck, faction sucks, Dailies suck, 4 battlegrounds in almost four years and no meaningful world pvp.

Azeroth/outland are static they never change, hell except for farmers no one is in the high level zones.

80% of the player population are first time MMO players they have no clue that Blizzard is bleeding them dry and delivering next to no new content.

One expansion in four years even though blizzard has 10 million subs and billions of dollars.

Even the average SWG (post NGE) have given more content and they onlyhave 200k subs.

I've been away from WoW for 5 months now and im enjoying my new MMO Eve online.

At least now when I pay my sub i know its going to content i'll enjoy.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Comments

• DrafellDrafell Member Posts: 588

You dropped WoW for EvE?

That is like trading in Key-Lime Pie for cheesecake! How could you?

To be fair, they are both great games in their own ways.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Drafell

You dropped WoW for EvE?
    That is like trading in Key-Lime Pie for cheesecake! How could you?
    To be fair, they are both great games in their own ways.

LOL actually I dropped WoW for nothing.

I started playing Eve two months ago when i noticed that 14 day free trial.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• DrafellDrafell Member Posts: 588

Sadly I just can't reconcile myself with EvE's skill system. It annoys me and pretty much removes my enjoyment of the game.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Cool, just remember it can happen in any game heh even ones without raids. It's just self discipline.

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by metalhead980

I played WoW for 3 years.
    For the last year and a half i've forced myself to play cause all my friends played.
    Ever totally hate a game but still log in everyday?
    It's a terrible feeling.
    Spending more time on the forums wishing the game would get better or my money would actually go to new content and not the Development of SC2 and Diablo3.
    Arena sucks, raids suck, faction sucks, Dailies suck, 4 battlegrounds in almost four years and no meaningful world pvp.
    Azeroth/outland are static they never change, hell except for farmers no one is in the high level zones.
    80% of the player population are first time MMO players they have no clue that Blizzard is bleeding them dry and delivering next to no new content.
    One expansion in four years even though blizzard has 10 million subs and billions of dollars.
    Even the average SWG (post NGE) have given more content and they onlyhave 200k subs.
    I've been away from WoW for 5 months now and im enjoying my new MMO Eve online.
    At least now when I pay my sub i know its going to content i'll enjoy.

I totlly agree with you here I just dumped wow myself and for the same thing. I am playing SWG and EQ2 until Ryzom is back goodluck in Eve its a great game:P

• marowitmarowit Member UncommonPosts: 268

i dumped wow for gw, played 1 month and got bored.

i was just thinking of getting the eve trial since the first time i got it i only had time to play 1 day.

this must be some kind of sign.

REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS AND REGRET THEY HAVE PASSED.

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

you blame a stupid game for your mental weakness?

you sir, fail at life!

how can you be "clean" of something that isnt in any way physical addictive?

• marowitmarowit Member UncommonPosts: 268

he said clean not it the sense that wow was like a drug.

people that say they are addicted to a game should just throw away their  pc that will fix the problem.

REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS AND REGRET THEY HAVE PASSED.

• korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477

Addictions come in many forms, you can get addicted to anything really.

And its (gaming addiction) a mental addiction, it doesn't have to be physical to be serious.

Congrats to the OP for staying Clean!

~HappyGaming