Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling DSS?

Flyboy360Flyboy360 Member Posts: 48

I'm a new player (only been playing about two and half weeks), and so far I'm enjoying myself.  I read through Razorback's guide to making Adena, but I was curious about DSS.  As I was playing it was recommended that I create a Dwarf to make Adena, and one of the ways of doing that at a low level (20) was creating and selling DSS.

So I went through the brutal process of creating and leveling up a Dwarf to Level 20 (Holy Crap was that tough).  I've become an Artisan and immediately made my way to Dion where I was told to buy a pair of D-Gloves for 28k, Crystalize it, buy 38 Soul Ore and start to steppin on creating Soulshots.   But after doing the math, it didn't work out.  If I sell my DSS like everyone else, (13each) I end up loosing money.  So how are all these other dwarves making money selling DSS?

In the meantime while I sleep I have a Dwarf setup to do Manufacturing but it's not bringing in a ton of adena.  Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• windstrike1windstrike1 Member Posts: 553

You need to buy the D crystals from people.  (Players get them by blowing up items when trying to overenchant them).  I think the going price is like 600 adena each. 

One thing to know about selling DSS to make money is that everyone is doing it, so you're going to have a lot of competition.  Obviously you can't decrease your sale price, so location is going to be key in your sales.  Try the race track, dion, or even giran if all else fails. 

The server goes down for 2 hours every tuesday.  If you log in right when it comes back and get your sale shop up before anyone, this could give you an advantage. 

Money is going to be hard to come by, I won't lie to you.  The best thing you can do is make some friends and get some help from higher level people (hand-me-downs etc.).  Also, look around the web for information quests you can do for adena.  This game is brutally difficult when it comes to raising money, especially at levels under 60.  Always save up your materials you get from drops and market them wisely in Giran.  L2wh.com has market information, if you are a member of the site. 

Making a spoiler (Dwarf fighter --> Scavanger) can help aquire more mats to sell.  Also get down in the catacombs and collect ancient adena if possible.  The price on Ancient Adena goes up quite high sometimes and you can make a killing that way.  "Manoring" is a little more advanced, and not guaranteed profitable., but consider it and learn it. 

Don't spend all your money on shots.  Don't buy gear that you really don't need for very long (like top NG gear). 

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Sound  advice there, nice post windstrike.

I think ppl confuse the guides to making adena with something thats set in concrete. Many of the guides were certainly successful at the time fo their writing, but ppl need to understand the nature of L2 a bit more.

The phrase "open economy" should allready  allude to it but if you're new to MMO's then this may have to be written off as one of those lessons you had to learn.

When crafting in L2 you need to do a number of things:

1. Understand the value of the materials which comprise the item you are trying to craft. IOT do this you need to spend some time running around Giran or whichever town is perceived as your trading hub on your server. On Kain its Giran. What you're looking for is the prices for materials and whole items. Quite often unless you can enhance an item to a "desirable" level it may be better to sell off the components.

2 . Understand the tax rate which is set by the players owning the region in which you conduct your transactions. Its not unknown for other regions to vary their tax rate or even drop it to 0 for some weeks. You need to capitalise on some components of your craft cycle like soul and spirit ore for example during those times if you are focused on making SS or BSPS.

3. Understand supply and demand. Set up your sell shops in the relevant regions to capture the business of players outside your timezone. Work out where the players on your server go to and see if you can support their game play there. Try a few different things and see what works on your server. If you're peddling DSS try setting up shops around Dion, Catacomb of the Branded or even Cruma Tower lobby. A low level Dwarf in shop mode will generally not be bothered, if someone kills you then its not an issue merely an inconvenience for other players who could have used the SS. Either way I'm sure you can work it out.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris