Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

it's not worth anymore for me... read this before u play. i beg u!!!

Comments

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447
    Originally posted by Hi-Five

words can't xplain how insane it is for new players to start.  you can read  all the fanboy threads.. but even fan boys will be hard to explain this simple logic.  This is what you are paying 14.99 for:
    More experience players can kill you anytime.  If they can't, they can do the following things:
    1. war'dec you (granted permission to kill you anywhere) 

2. Sudicide attack, (attacking you at their lost)

you can read all the explainations, justification, and EvE's "love me" threads.. but the bottom line, if someone want to kill you... THERE IS NOT THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.. what does is this mean? imagine you spent 1 mth working for cash to buy a nice shield, sword, armors and spells, but out of nowhere some more high level player just gank on you.  Once you are dead, all items are gone and so is your 1 mth hard labor!!

it is your 14.99... you are more than welcome to throw it away.  EVE older players are looking for more noobs to kill.. please  be a victim!!!

sheesh you spend your'e time trying to put people off a perfectly good game because of how bad you seem to be able to play Eve...  Go outside and smell the pollution, take a deep breath and clear your head then come back in and start again...  Just please stay away from these boards with that crap..

all the best  ;)

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

umm,OP ,WoW is that way ---->

But on a more serious note,eve is not for kids who want their hand held at every corner and being covered with blankets by the devs whenever someone sneezes in a 50km of you,and you know that in EvE ,expensive stuff =/= win like in WoW ,actualy expensive stuff = lol @ you for going in low sec solo in your rail gun mega fitted with 300mil worth of mods and getting killed by 2 lone intys.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

personnally i didnty get very far on this game but from what i saw this game is very territory protected correct me if im wrong

they ask very early to be part of this and that ,if your with a group and that group is hated mm you might have an mm interesting time tryin g to survive

but then all the game are like that .if your neutral  you might  have beter survival chance

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

Wow!  I haven't read this whole thread obviously, but the reading the OP did give me a chuckle. 

I used to play Eve but gave it up shortly after beginning my first serious foray into low sec space.  It had nothing to do with me not being able to hack the PvP, I loved the PvP as long as it was one on one.  I won a few and lost a lot, but always (well, almost always) lived by the rule of "don't fly what you can't afford to lose".  It was a real hoot! 

My problem came wit larger engagements which were impossible to avoid altogether.  With these my computer would lag to the point where I couldn't get a shot off before being destroyed.  So, I quit due to inadequate hardware.  Now that has changed and just reading a few posts on this forum (including this on) have re-whetted my appetite for the FFA PvP that Eve offers.

Sure, I've looked at AoC but have yet to try it.  I'm just not that impressed with it.  I think I will reactivate one or maybe both of my Eve accoounts and see how the universe looks when I don't have to consider lag before much of anything else.

To the OP, yes, Eve is a FFA PvP game.  If you need your hand held, WoW might be a better choice for you.  Good luck avoiding the BOREDOM!

• CannesCannes Member Posts: 23

Someone made an analogy about EVE and the harshness of the game that I thought was very appropriate: "If you play chess with someone, are you going to get angry when they take one of your pieces?" If the answer is yes, which it apparently is for a frightening amount of people according to these forums, then EVE certainly isn't the game for you.

If, however, losing only makes you want to come back stronger. Then EVE will provide all the challenges you need in a game.

There are lots of good communities within the game in which you can learn how to survive and thrive in the EVE universe. It is up to you to find them. EVE will not hold your hand.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by Cannes
    Someone made an analogy about EVE and the harshness of the game that I thought was very appropriate: "If you play chess with someone, are you going to get angry when they take one of your pieces?"

Chess pieces are handed to you for free at the beginning of every game. If I had spent my time and money building up those pieces, it would irritate me to have them taken from me, especially if the circumstances were not of my choosing.

What a terrible example.

• nurglesnurgles Member Posts: 840
    Originally posted by Aethios 
    If I had spent my time and money building up those pieces, it would irritate me to have them taken from me, especially if the circumstances were not of my choosing.

you do understand that the point of eve is that you spend time building stuff up and that stuff has added value because at anytime someone can take it away? And that there can be enjoyment in the challenge of not letting them do so?

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

So far I have been playing EvE for this will make week 3.

I did enough missions to buy a Caracal (cruiser) so far.

I have spent the last week not really playing the game, but instead logging in everytime evemon tells me a skill is complete and switching them out.

So far I have built up a very nice set of skills, and I don't even have to be logged in to train up.

EvE is great.

Im a little over 1 million sp now. I am slowly getting the hang of things and I found a nice corp to show me how everything operates in the space.

The game is very unique and fun. Just takes time, time to build up, time to learn things.

The learning curve of eve is high. This is what I find most appealing about eve. Taking the time, to learn how to do things right.

I was once scared to play EvE. I read all over the place that you could never survive as a new player.

This is not true. If you have the determination to learn. If you can be humble and realize you will not be a god in space anytime soon, and listen to those around you, who have played for a long time.

You can easily succeed in EvE. Just train your skills, and pick a path. The rest is all up to you.

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485
    Originally posted by Aethios

Someone made an analogy about EVE and the harshness of the game that I thought was very appropriate: "If you play chess with someone, are you going to get angry when they take one of your pieces?"

Chess pieces are handed to you for free at the beginning of every game. If I had spent my time and money building up those pieces, it would irritate me to have them taken from me, especially if the circumstances were not of my choosing.

What a terrible example.

...the circumstances were not of your choosing?  It sounds to me like you are looking for a  game with only consensual PvP.  Eve, obviously is an open PvP game.  Anyone can take the initiative to force another player into PvP combat at any time.  Unfair?  No, because you can take the same initiative as well.

• SarcazmoSarcazmo Member Posts: 105

I've played EVE for ages and only died once.  By an NPC no less, right after I started.  I spend all of my time mining in high-sec though, for the most part.  After a stressful day at work it's incredibly meditative. 

I love this damn game.  Best MMO out there.  So many complex facets of gameplay, and it's so time consuming to 'level up' that it's just amazing.  The market alone is worth the cost of admission, too.  No gay auctions?  Only buy and sell orders?  Thank you CCP.  The pros of this title far outweigh any cons you could possibly conceive of. 

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

I wouldn't worry since most potential new players drawn to a the idea of a Space MMO will be waiting for Jumpgate evolution instead. The dev team have already stated EVE was an attempt to capture feel of the Wing commender and Wing commender Privateer games and make a MMO out of it, and in doing so CCP pretty much missed the mark and ended up creating a spread sheet in space instead. JumpGate is the game to bring you that proper Wing Commander feel to a MMO and not just some dull spread sheet in space with boring turn based combat system.

• CannesCannes Member Posts: 23

Because an admiral controlling a kilometer long ship with thousands of crew will be flying stick...

• crazyivencrazyiven Member Posts: 142

<-------- all I can say is that I remember when I started and was In my frig.... There I was flying around and I see a war target and he launched one missile and my frig went boom. So stop acting like I cant dod this they keep messing with me. Hell I don't even play anymore. After a few years it gets old. But damn for every action in eve that a player takes there are actions that one can take to counter it. But it is not a noob friendly game, that use to make the game great, due to people not wanting to play because it wasn't fare. Now with people able to buy/sell toons, you can get a noob in a high sp toon. If you dont like it dont play, but for those that stick with it you will love it at least for the next few years.

• sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272

Because an admiral controlling a kilometer long ship with thousands of crew will be flying stick...

A game can only use one control scheme, amirite? No way there would be an option to use a joystick for small ships and other control scheme for big ships.

• Cute_SpyGirlCute_SpyGirl Member Posts: 17

What is the purpose of this post?  Everything this Ops said about this MMO is true.. I will concur to that.

However, it is my money and I like killing noobs--it is fun !!!

The best thing to do is not to sign up.. take a break for 3 mths. If all you noobs, PvE, Miners, Carebearers, Mission Runners, Station Dwellers (what else?) stop playing for 3 mths, you will see that CCP will be releasing a new updates.  Look at Revealation I & II, 

Please vote this game w/ your $$, not whining about it.  Protest this game like a SF liberals, or join us and fight like a man, and/or camp in station like a little boy.. either way you will die in EVE.

See ya in Space,

Cute

Hips Don't Lie

• mosbornemosborne Member Posts: 7

Ditto This isn't the game for everybody, it is realistic nobody is gonna hold your hand. Use your head and you will be fine. But if you wanna pose this isn't your game.

I have seen people claiming it is the most boring game on earth and other people claiming it is complete anarchy . One or the other please, Doesn't sound boring if suicide ganking PvPers are dive bombing every innocent little noob who tries to scratch together a couple isk  And then how do the other ones who claim they ran 4 accounts simutaeously while taking the BAR exam work it out.

Honestly, this game is big enough to find some way to play you enjoy,. But you have to put in the effort to do it yourself. If you aren't happy look at yourself not the game. Nobody tries harder than CCP  to keep it complex and exciting.

That said it is not a game for everybody, if you are expecting to be able to grind a few billion npc's for a couple months and then be UBER go somewhere else plz. I don't want to have to take the security hit for podding your arse for whining in local

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by Cute_SpyGirl

What is the purpose of this post?  Everything this Ops said about this MMO is true.. I will concur to that.
    However, it is my money and I like killing noobs--it is fun !!!
    The best thing to do is not to sign up.. take a break for 3 mths. If all you noobs, PvE, Miners, Carebearers, Mission Runners, Station Dwellers (what else?) stop playing for 3 mths, you will see that CCP will be releasing a new updates.  Look at Revealation I & II, 
    Please vote this game w/ your $$, not whining about it.  Protest this game like a SF liberals, or join us and fight like a man, and/or camp in station like a little boy.. either way you will die in EVE.
    See ya in Space,
    Cute

Hips Don't Lie

what's funny is that the majority of eve players reside in high sec, per ccp's numbers.  if all those folks left for 3 months, there would be no more eve.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• Cute_SpyGirlCute_SpyGirl Member Posts: 17

Haters

I don't understand why EVE is hard for noobs...  People need to vote with their money.   My recommendation for whiners is not to sign up---many great games elsewhere.  Trust me, CCP will not change.  So go away.  EVE IS NOT FOR NOOBS and EX-WOW!!

Cute SpyGirl

Hips Don't Lie

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

words can't xplain how insane it is for new players to start.  you can read  all the fanboy threads.. but even fan boys will be hard to explain this simple logic.  This is what you are paying 14.99 for:
    More experience players can kill you anytime.  If they can't, they can do the following things:

you can read all the explainations, justification, and EvE's "love me" threads.. but the bottom line, if someone want to kill you... THERE IS NOT THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.. what does is this mean? imagine you spent 1 mth working for cash to buy a nice shield, sword, armors and spells, but out of nowhere some more high level player just gank on you.  Once you are dead, all items are gone and so is your 1 mth hard labor!!

it is your 14.99... you are more than welcome to throw it away.  EVE older players are looking for more noobs to kill.. please  be a victim!!!

The funny thing is you are partly right.  CCP have created a fantastic time sink that keeps the money rolling in - and all the EVE fanbois are doing is playing right into their hands. 

OTOH, that's the way the fanbois like it :)

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

so, what you're saying is that if you're a jerk to veterans in eve; that you can't just jump to 100 other servers and keep being a total jerk to people that've played the game for a long time?

that is just so unfair that you can't do anything you want in a game, with no consequences!  that's so unfair that you won't (can't?) do things that you shouldn't do... so unfair!

that's so unfair that the anonymity of the intarwebs can't protect you in eve!

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

i have to post this
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=9D1sgHzfSTA
    watch and take own conclusions

BestSigEver :P

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

eve is not all about pvp its how you play the game yes there pvp in it but there also miners and industrial guys who make stuff ships and sell them and people to protect miners and missions so eve has mix of pve and pvp and mining.eve is all around game great game

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by shinobi234
    miners and industrial guys who make stuff ships and sell them

They compete on the market. They try to make money at the loss of other peoples money. It's PvP, too.

Oh, by the way, please learn basic rules of grammar and interpunction.

• fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723

but the bottom line, if someone want to kill you... THERE IS NOT THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.. what does is this mean? imagine you spent 1 mth working for cash to buy a nice shield, sword, armors and spells, but out of nowhere some more high level player just gank on you.  Once you are dead, all items are gone and so is your 1 mth hard labor!!

Has anybody told you the phrase "Don't fly what you can't afford to lose"

• fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Why is Wow succesful and has a 62% marketshare (trust me it is a success).
    Instead of punishing people, Wow rewards every kind of playing style.
    So many people in Real Life never get proper rewards in relation to the work they do.
    In Real Life most are slaving for a boss, working form 09.00AM to 06.00PM or being a housewife and not EVER having a decent "thank you" or "reward".
    IF you choose an MMORPG, you choose a world in which you can be a hero. So replace:
    LET the GAMER be PUNISHED when he tried to do his best and got OWNED as a noob !!!
    with ...
    Give rewards and say "thank you" when the player invested some of his precious time escaping from RL, because MOST of us people already get owed in RL every day.
    That's why EVE has 300K and WOW 10.7 M on this planet.
    Nothing more nothing less....

Eve is a game for PvP players.

Wow to me feels hollow, there is no way to lose so nothing you do matters.

Eve is one of the harder games, if you can cut it in Eve then every other game feels too easy.

Like when I play wow and some guy yells "ding" it's just pathetic.

Making level 70 in WoW is about the same accomplishment as making your first 100 million in Eve, its personally gratifying but not really an accomplishment.

In Eve if I make 100m then my goal is 1 bil.

If I make 1 bil then my goal is to have my own POS.

If I have my own POS my goal is to get sovereignty.

And so on and so forth, the challenges never end, because my opponents are not NPC's they are human like me, if I put up a pos they will try to take it down.

I love the politics and the backroom deals, it's incredibly interesting.

The social aspect to me is probably more interesting than the actual fighting.

I love the market and the industry, I like to mine, especially high end ores in groups.

Mining Crokite to me is more fun than raiding ubermob_001 for the 18,000th time.

You are free to disagree.

Alot more ppl listen to Madonna than to Sarah Brightman, doesn't mean Madonna is the best singer in the world.

If you dont like Eve then just don't play, nobody has a gun to your head.