Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

it's not worth anymore for me... read this before u play. i beg u!!!

Comments

• metalloid1metalloid1 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Hi-Five

words can't xplain how insane it is for new players to start.  you can read  all the fanboy threads.. but even fan boys will be hard to explain this simple logic.  This is what you are paying 14.99 for:
    More experience players can kill you anytime.  If they can't, they can do the following things:
    1. war'dec you (granted permission to kill you anywhere) 

2. Sudicide attack, (attacking you at their lost)

you can read all the explainations, justification, and EvE's "love me" threads.. but the bottom line, if someone want to kill you... THERE IS NOT THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.. what does is this mean? imagine you spent 1 mth working for cash to buy a nice shield, sword, armors and spells, but out of nowhere some more high level player just gank on you.  Once you are dead, all items are gone and so is your 1 mth hard labor!!

it is your 14.99... you are more than welcome to throw it away.  EVE older players are looking for more noobs to kill.. please  be a victim!!!

It is evident that you have no clue how the game works. It also seems to you're not a good loser either!!

NPC corps cannot be wardecked. If you're in a players' corp, other player corps can wardeck your corp which, as you said, grants permission to kill members of the corp. But i) this is done at a cost - so it has to be profitable for the corp wardecking yours; ii)  Eve is about people - numbers do count. iii) if you know how to avoid being killed, you will prevail most of the time. iv) accept the fact that when you undock your ship, you will lose it, and you will just do fine!! in otherwords, when in war (to a certain extent, even when you're not!) never fly what you cannot afford to loose.

Believe it or not, young characters can fight back too. A 3 year char can easily die to a gang of young characters - the point is to travel in packs (Especially when in war or in low sec). a 2 day char can also be effective in PvP IF in a gang (tackler needs a few more skills from the starting ones!) - but a solo 3 year char, will still have disadvantages as each ship has weaknesses! A gang helps closing these gaps and that is why a gang is far superior than all its members put together!!

Suicide attacks: simply said - who falls victim to this is not becuase the game fails, but because the players FAIL big time - especially since the option to warp to 0km has been introduced!! there is no way you can get suicide killed if you warp to the gate and jump. People who get suicide ganked in high sec are those who haul expensive loot (thus making it worth while for the suicide killers to kill you and lose their ship) on Autopilot!!!!! (as it warps to 15km off gate!!). I've been scanned loads of time during the 2 years i played EVE, but never ever got suicide killed.

And believe it or not, there is ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO!! All you need to do is being smart, and you'll win EVE!!

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

I am so thankful EvE is tough enough to weed out the too young and the too stupid.   It's the last hope for real gamers - long may it  continue!!

• caldari_scumcaldari_scum Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Vortigon

I am so thankful EvE is tough enough to weed out the too young and the too stupid.   It's the last hope for real gamers - long may it  continue!!

Amen.   

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730

I think you should try another game... Something like WoW or LotRO might suit you better.

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715
    Originally posted by busdriver

/facepalm
    They should require somesort of IQ test before allowed to play EVE... both the community and the retards would benefit from it.

THIS^

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

i've only played eve for a short time now.

I've been following the rules and staying above .5 (ive been to .3-.4 sec but i used a Crappy ship to hunt rats)

i'm having a good time.

To the OP you sound like u pissed off the wrong people, got owned and are crying about it.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437
    Originally posted by woeye

I beg to differ. EvE is a far more complicated game than WoW. In EvE you really have to learn a lot of things in order to be able to survive. Whereas WoW is easy mode all over, honestly. My girlfriend, for example, never played computer games before. But she did pretty well in WoW quickly. Why? Because WoW is so easy. Easy to understand, easy in character control and easy in progression.
    Furthermore I'd say that WoW attracts way more players than EvE. Because I feel many players favor to be a nightelf, a shiny warrior, a powerful mage or whatever. It has this tamagochi thing. Like "look at this gnome female. Isn't the cuuuute?" Whereas EvE is all about dark, black, grey, serious business. Flying around in dark space isn't so attractive for many players imho. Pushing around lots and lots of grey dialog boxes full of text neither.
    Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy EvE. But I do understand that many players cannot enjoy EvE.

i like eve because it different and you dream about elf i will pod them if i see one elf each game is different if you dont like eve leave dont leave you dumb comments saying oh i hate this game because if dont have  elfs .if you dont like eve then leave simple ^_^ eve is for smart people :P

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

words can't xplain how insane it is for new players to start.  you can read  all the fanboy threads.. but even fan boys will be hard to explain this simple logic.  This is what you are paying 14.99 for:
    More experience players can kill you anytime.  If they can't, they can do the following things:

you can read all the explainations, justification, and EvE's "love me" threads.. but the bottom line, if someone want to kill you... THERE IS NOT THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.. what does is this mean? imagine you spent 1 mth working for cash to buy a nice shield, sword, armors and spells, but out of nowhere some more high level player just gank on you.  Once you are dead, all items are gone and so is your 1 mth hard labor!!

it is your 14.99... you are more than welcome to throw it away.  EVE older players are looking for more noobs to kill.. please  be a victim!!!

I quit Eve after my trial for this reason over a year ago.  I cannot imagine trying to start the game new now.  It would seem idiotic.  I play MMOS to feel competitive.  Eve makes me feel like a pissant just because I joined late and can't reach a high level unless other players allow me to.  It seems like the sandbox has rattlesnakes in it and I'm just a toad.  Not my idea of fun.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

I quit Eve after my trial for this reason over a year ago.  I cannot imagine trying to start the game new now.  It would seem idiotic.  I play MMOS to feel competitive.  Eve makes me feel like a pissant just because I joined late and can't reach a high level unless other players allow me to.  It seems like the sandbox has rattlesnakes in it and I'm just a toad.  Not my idea of fun.

I started a new char recently. He now has a kill ratio of 25:1 with less than 10m skill points. If your looking for an easy ride then Eve certainly is not it, but if you put in effort to learn about what you are doing then you will be rewarded. You quit in your trial period just shows you didnt put in the time to learn how to become competitive.

EVE IS NOT ALL ABOUT CHARACTER SKILLS.!

• pipvacpipvac Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Obiyer

The OP is pretty factual other than you can't wardec a NPC faction. There is actually a thread on the main forums where I believe a player was complaining that whenever they wardec someone the members simply jump to another player made corp.
    My greatest fault with Eve is not the game but the mentality of the players. It's a self-centered community, there are individuals who are truly generous but they are rare. When I say this, it's not in any monetary way but in the manner of one family helping another. If the game has faults, it falls back on the community because we made it the way it is. This is good too, maybe in the future when a new player joins the game instead of being preyed upon both financially and psychologically they are nurtured and given a sense of happiness, that hey, Eve is a great place to spend your free time.

This. Eve's biggest weak point is it's community. There are safeguards to protect new players in npc corps, so the OP is not entirely accurate. Having said that Eve is an extremely harsh gameplay environment compared to other MMOs. This means you will need to rely on your own wits and guile to survive, rather than have a game mechanic hold your hand. Get this straight before you start and you should find your way in Eve.

Sadly though, after four years of playing, the community has deteriorated into a majority of rather nasty, and sometimes downright mean spirited individuals and corporations. In some cases their sole purpose is to drive others out of the game. CCP seem unwilling or unable to deal with this in any meaningful way.

You will find some diamonds in the rough, as I did. If you do, you will never look back. Otherwise, don't play Eve unless you have a VERY thick skin.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Jhughesy

I started a new char recently. He now has a kill ratio of 25:1 with less than 10m skill points. If your looking for an easy ride then Eve certainly is not it, but if you put in effort to learn about what you are doing then you will be rewarded. You quit in your trial period just shows you didnt put in the time to learn how to become competitive.

So, your new character went off and joined a totally different guild and started from scratch with no rollover credits at all?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Originally posted by Jhughesy

So, your new character went off and joined a totally different guild and started from scratch with no rollover credits at all?

Most empire and losec corps do accept newbs, one reason being is that a skilled corp leader can train that newb and make him welcome and with some luck gain a loyal member.

Its the high skill corp hoppers you have to watch out for.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• MagicManICTMagicManICT Member UncommonPosts: 92

Ok, let's reiterate a few things for the idiots that don't seem to get it:

1. There are no levels in EVE. While having more skills in the appropriate areas will increase your chances of surviving, it in no way makes up for good strategy and tactics.

2. Also on 'levels': You don't grind anything other than cash in EVE. You can sit your happy little pod in a dock for the entirety of your career and get to the top of the food chain. (There are only so many combat, trade, research, or industry skills you can train.) To be honest, though, unless you're just training a secondary toon and already know how to properly 'fly' your interwebz spaceship, you're gonna be waking up in the medical bay sooner rather than later.

3. It doesn't matter where you fly as long as you keep your wits about you. Learn the tools made available to all players before venturing into anything more hostile than a 0.5 system, though. You can easily learn these in a days, and be proficient at them in just a couple of weeks.

4. It doesn't really matter how you play as long as you A) aren't an asshat (relative to the environment, anyway) and B) associate with like minded individuals aka get the right corp.

In summary, EVE isn't for those (to use pipvacs phrasing) that want to seem competitive. You have to have a competitive drive to play EVE if you really want to be able to deal with all the things that can possibly happen to you. If you play smart, assume that the guy offering the free civilian shield booster to you out of a can is going to blow you up, and don't piss everyone in the vicinity off, you'll probably survive very well in the game.

I think we just need to apply the 'Dwarf Fortress' motto to EVE: Losing is FUN! www.bay12games.com (Sorry... crappy plug )

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Bleh

YASTP ("Yet Another Stupid Troll Poster")

Stop feeding them damnit.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• Cute_SpyGirlCute_SpyGirl Member Posts: 17

This post is sooooo true!!!  However, I will still play this game... becuase there is no other MMORPG like it.

EvE is the best MMORPG. PERIOD

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by Obiyer

The greatest fault with Eve is not the game but the mentality of the players. It's a self-centered community, there are individuals who are truly generous but they are rare. When I say this, it's not in any monetary way but in the manner of one family helping another. If the game has faults, it falls back on the community because we made it the way it is. This is good too, maybe in the future when a new player joins the game instead of being preyed upon both financially and psychologically they are nurtured and given a sense of happiness, that hey, Eve is a great place to spend your free time.

See I agree with this to a degree, when i've played Eve i've ran into some very helpful players, but at the same time... i agree with with the point that a lot of the issues are the player mentality.

I was in a low-sec zone once and got lane-jacked and killed, when i tried to send a message to one of the PK'ers to ask them when equipment they were using and a few other question (i dont believe in bitching at people in an open world like Eve) they put me on ignore before i could even get a word off. It just kind of put a bad taste in my mouth about a lot of the community.

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

I was in a low-sec zone once and got lane-jacked and killed, when i tried to send a message to one of the PK'ers to ask them when equipment they were using and a few other question (i dont believe in bitching at people in an open world like Eve) they put me on ignore before i could even get a word off. It just kind of put a bad taste in my mouth about a lot of the community.

To be honest, there is obviously something wrong with your mentality. Who in his right mind would be kind to those rapists violating your boat?! Seiously!

Joking aside, i doubt too many lowsec pirates really bother to accept convos anymore from the people they killed. Considering the amount of hatred coming towards them, i can understand that.

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by batolemaeus

To be honest, there is obviously something wrong with your mentality. Who in his right mind would be kind to those rapists violating your boat?! Seiously!

Joking aside, i doubt too many lowsec pirates really bother to accept convos anymore from the people they killed. Considering the amount of hatred coming towards them, i can understand that.

Well i wasnt too pissed cause they nailed a shuttle i was in, i was just going from one boat to another, but it was annoying none the less... but yeah, i guess i can understand the fact of just not talking to people they grief, but its something that i found annoying none the less... i mean it took two of them to sit there and fish on little ships.. so yeah.

plus you never know... what if i wanted to be a pirate and wanted to ask to join them? eh? yeah. thats what i thought.

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

i guess i can understand the fact of just not talking to people they grief

My Alliance my be antipirate, but you would be surprised how much smacktalk gets thrown at you when you shoot someone.

General rule in our alliance is: Play nice, don't talk in local, don't talk to hostiles you don't know well.

It's just not worth it. For every nice convo you get ten to twenty insulting you, your parents and grandparents.

If you pop someone and get a convo, you can bet it's someone who wants to thanks you for it in a way that will result in you petitioning him. Especially in lowsec.

• Cute_SpyGirlCute_SpyGirl Member Posts: 17

batolemaeus,

have you ever meet anyone that is happy about losing a ship. lol.  good rules. 

Cute

Originally posted by Cute_SpyGirl
    batolemaeus,
    have you ever meet anyone that is happy about losing a ship. lol.  good rules. 
    Cute

Best fight i ever had, our 60 man bs heavy gang fighting versus multiple capitals and our number of support.

Everybody on Ts was laughing afterwards. The only survivors were two of our logistics.

There are a lot of people who want to have fun, not amass billions of iskies.

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

Once you play a bit more you will realise a more lackadaisical approach to losing stuff.  Until you get to certain higher level ships, for the bulk of your skilling up ships are relatively cheap to lose because of insurance and clloning, all you really lose is the time spent running around re-outfitting your ship (so it's usually best to have a resupply of stuff ready in your home station).

This is both a good and a bad thing - it's good beacuse it enables PvP to progress along at a healthy pace, it's bad because, ships being so relatively cheap, it spoils immersion somewhat, pulls you out of the game and makes you realise, well, that you're just playing a game.

Part of the fun in MMOs for a lot of people is being precious about the character, every little detail makes a difference, and building up the character is fun.  At first you feel that about your first few spaceships in EVE, and you get terribly upset when some asshole comes along and blows your precious new ship to smithereens without a thought, and even laughs at you. 

But after a couple of ship losses, you will realise how cheap ships are effectively, and it won't bother you so much any more (it still hurts a bit, but you can be more philosophical about it).

• NatttasNatttas Member Posts: 49

I would be a lucky person if I only spent $50-$100 on drinks on the weekend, so $15 a month is nothin. If ya cant aford it dont spend it, tiss simple as that. EvE is the best MMO out there /period. ;)

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by gurugeorge

Once you play a bit more you will realise a more lackadaisical approach to losing stuff.  Until you get to certain higher level ships, for the bulk of your skilling up ships are relatively cheap to lose because of insurance and clloning, all you really lose is the time spent running around re-outfitting your ship (so it's usually best to have a resupply of stuff ready in your home station).

This is both a good and a bad thing - it's good beacuse it enables PvP to progress along at a healthy pace, it's bad because, ships being so relatively cheap, it spoils immersion somewhat, pulls you out of the game and makes you realise, well, that you're just playing a game.

Part of the fun in MMOs for a lot of people is being precious about the character, every little detail makes a difference, and building up the character is fun.  At first you feel that about your first few spaceships in EVE, and you get terribly upset when some asshole comes along and blows your precious new ship to smithereens without a thought, and even laughs at you. 

But after a couple of ship losses, you will realise how cheap ships are effectively, and it won't bother you so much any more (it still hurts a bit, but you can be more philosophical about it).

as long as you don't get podded and lose 500m+ in implants.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

as long as you don't get podded and lose 500m+ in implants.

You don't go into pvp with expensive implants if you can't afford to lose them. It's that simple.