Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So is there no free trial or anything?

I have been reading up on this game and it sounds interesting. But I see where it looks like they offer no free trial or anything? I wanna try it but dont wanna put down the $40.

They should really offer a small trial for folks.

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Working on it. Should be out in a few months.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• bmcinvaillebmcinvaille Member Posts: 209

Ah cool. Suck though it sbeen out this long and from what I hear has low numbers. So a free trial may help. A trial can really sway someone especially if they are on the fence of spending $40 on another game they may not enjoy and do not wanna waste money on.

I was really interested in trying it but ah well. Still trying to see something to hold me over till WAR comes out playing EQ2 right now for the 60 days free but nto sure how much I like it.  Wanted to try this game as it looks nice and seems they fixed most of the issues.

• AlundreAlundre Member UncommonPosts: 116

If you are really interested, check out ebay. You can normally get new copies for less than $10.00. That is how I got mine.

As a sidenote, now is definitely the time to checkout VG if you are interested as I just started playing again yesterday and it seems as though there are TONS of new players on Seradon trying the game out and most are really liking what they are seeing so far. I got bored with AoC already and saw that Sony gave me VG free until the end of July so I decided to give it another shot. So far, I am hugely impressed with the community and all the fixing they have done to the game. It really seems that Sony has made some huge improvements and I can't wait to see how I am still liking it at the end of July! :D

Eh I do not use Ebay unfortunately. Its not a huge deal really I can live without it I just wanted a free trial do not really wanna waste any money on something if I may not life it. Was just wondering really if I come across something cheap I may pick it up. But I hear alot of mixed reviews so wanna try it first lol.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I had played Vanguard in beta, and wasn't impressed. The client was extremely problematic, the starting areas felt half-finished, and the game lacked a lot of polish.

Fast forward a year, and I've been reading some pretty positive comments about Vanguard and the changes that have been implemented. Many people have said the game is now in the state it should have been upon release. I've been researching a trial for months, and it sounds like it is underway but not quite complete yet.

However, since they currently have re-enabled accounts that were cancelled (until the end of July), my beta account was somehow enabled again as well. I've taken the last few days to spend some time in-game, and I have to admit -- I'm impressed.

It is clear Vanguard was designed initially to appeal to lovers of EQ1. However, the game does feel leaps and bounds about EQ1 by virtua of graphics, UI improvements, and a robust (if sometimes broken) quest system.

With all the people now playing previously inactive accounts, I doubt there has ever been a better time to get into the game than now. It would be IDEAL if they released the trial the same time as all of these people playing again, as the low-population complaint I've seen isn't an issue right now. There are people all over the lower level areas, and I see many chat comments for the higher levels as well (my highest is only 7, so I', nowhere near there!).

Just wanted to offer some insight into my experience this week, and I really hope a trial opens sometime soon to get more people playing the game as it is now.

Yeah I really hope so also. I do not wanna plop money down as I said without trying it first just the way I am I guess lol.

On grouping and such is the game soloable at all if so up to what level? Sometimes I just hate to look for groups to go out and level like in some games. So I love when the option is there to solo.

• TrexorJdTrexorJd Member Posts: 27

Its a awesome game and it was only 14 bucks at bestbuy.

• AlundreAlundre Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by bmcinvaille

Yeah I really hope so also. I do not wanna plop money down as I said without trying it first just the way I am I guess lol.
    On grouping and such is the game soloable at all if so up to what level? Sometimes I just hate to look for groups to go out and level like in some games. So I love when the option is there to solo.

I am only level 10 atm but there was some discussion in the chat channels earlier today about this very question and what we all found out was...YES! Every class can solo all the way up to the level cap if they want to. With that being said though, I was in a group earlier today and it really added a lot to the game to see how all the different classes react together and it is just really fun so short answer.......

Yes you can solo but grouping is also viable and more fun than soloing.

Originally posted by TrexorJd

Its a awesome game and it was only 14 bucks at bestbuy.

Still gonna wait for a free trial no BB's in my area unfortunately only Wal-mart and such. As I said its not a big deal just was wondering and wanted to try it out.

Well I do not mind soloing I was used to grouping in COH,WOW, and LOTRO. But the thing is some game si have played didn't have that option to solo like FFXI and COH up to a point after that you had to group. But WOW (as everyone knows) and LOTRO are very solo friendly. I found LOTRO to have good grouping I always found groups and such and the fellowship moves made it interesting.

But yeah solo is a big breaker for me if I HAVE to group I probably won't be playing I like having options and sometimes I just do not have time or want to spend time with others maybe just do my thing for a few hours. I do not wanna have to sit around like I did in FFXI and get XP groups that fall apart after 25 mins and then it leaves you behind and just looking for someone else. WOW I leveled probably 10 chars all the way to 60 or 70 depending on the time I leveled them lol.

Crazy beacuse i have infront of me 2 10 day free day trials.

Ah if you ever wanna get rid of one shoot it my way :P.

check your pm's  play on the server that starts with a s not the pvp one forgot its name and im on wow atm so i cant check. good luck

• rywaltrywalt Member Posts: 44

I have heard there will be a free trial coming soon. SOE is supposedly designing a trial island of some sorts. Sounds rather similar to the trial offered for Everquest 2.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me."
    Paul Atreides