Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Christmas Computer!

Gamefreek333Gamefreek333 Member Posts: 166

Ok, so for Christmas I might be getting an Alienware Aurora (because the price is good), and I needed you guys to compare these two computers:

Aurora Specs:

• AMD® Athlon™ X2 6400+ 3.2GHz Dual Core 2 x 1MB L2 Cache   

That's listed in this order - Processor > Power Supply > Graphics Processor (Graphics card) > Memory > Motherboard > Operating System > System Drive > Price (with tax and shipping)

And here is Velocity Micro PROGAMIX A11 Gaming Desktop PC

I'm debating between the two, but I'm leaning towards the Aurora. So let me know what you guys think, and thanks in advance.

Oh ya, I'm also on a $1,500 budget.

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Both of them suck for the cost.

• megaflux19megaflux19 Member Posts: 99

if you are going to blow $ on something like that you should atleast get the best:

http://www.falcon-nw.com/

they are consistintly rated highest in pc magazine, its kinda like what alienware was years ago.

plus:

"New Low-Price FragBox Models Impress the Reviewers!

Our two new pre-configured FragBox models, the 8400 and 8500 (priced at $1,499 and $1,899, respectively) have made the review rounds and left the editors impressed!

“At less than $1,500, this Falcon Northwest system is one of the best buys we've ever seen”

-Tom’s Hardware"

if they are good enough to take the cake @ both pc magazine and tomshardware.com they HAVE to be doing it right.

if its gonna be vista make it 64 bit, though personally i would rather build them myself. custom paint is a real nice option.

• KirijiKiriji Member Posts: 340

Dont get an Athlon there way inferior to the Intel Core 2 range.

• devacoredevacore Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by Bladeinhand

Dont get an Athlon there way inferior to the Intel Core 2 range.

Whatever, do you work at intel or something?  Anyways nice specs atm by x-mas you'll probably have a different setup.   I'm getting the HD 4850, I hope it's as good as the benchmarks.. find out soon.

• KirijiKiriji Member Posts: 340

No, but I build gaming rigs for living, Athlon don't even compare to intel these days, belive what you want.

• devacoredevacore Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by Bladeinhand

No, but I build gaming rigs for living, Athlon don't even compare to intel these days, belive what you want.

Sorry yea, I really didn't think you worked at intel.  I was just joking since it's pretty clear you don't.  I'm sorry ok?   Building gaming rigs gives you the freedom you like right?  Oh I just believe in stats and facts.  You know numbers, like how important the cpu is really in the function of fps in games.  Stuff you probably wouldn't understand so don't worry about it. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

The Athlons at the 1200 price point aren't a well made chip currently.  The Phenoms are plausible.  However, the 9500 is extremely underpowered version.

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839

FOR SUPER HIGH END intel wins

For your average gamer / PC enthuiest who doesnt have that money to blow, AMD.

It seems to he the style of these companies and the video cards they endorse , IF YOU WANT THE OMG SUPER HIGHER END IM BETTER BY 1 FPS you go Nvidia, if you want the i want to pay about 200-300 and get 60 FPS instead of 70 then they win.

AMD For the average Pc enthuiest.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I plan on getting a new rig for xmas as I have other commitments at the moment and don't have the cash to spare. I'm just looking at potential specs as I know there will be changes in the next 6 months.

At the moment the new HD4870 looks nice but I've had problems with them inthe past. I may just be jinxed with them though. My current card is the x950 pro 512Mb which tends to stutter a bit when I used to play WoW but I think my CPU (P4 3GHz) may be bottle knecking the data throughput.