Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So far so good.

LissLiss Member Posts: 48

Just started the 14 day trial, is that the only way i get to try it for free? Never played it so probably.

Anyway, so far its a really clean game. Started an Iksar Dirge, pretty fun, i like the combat system.

Only problem i have is that i cant send tells to people while in the trial version. Thats kind of lame. Really restricts me from talking to guild recruiters and such. But So far it looks like i'll probably be getting the full version. Im playing on Nektulos Server so anyone from there Holla!

Name is Liss in game.

Comments

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

Just fyi,

*  The no-chat is there to keep the Gold Spammers in check.  We are all really happy it is there.

*  I recommend that you start in Timorous Deep.  The loot there is just orders of magnitude better, all the way to level 20.

*  If you have any inclination to RP, you will want to be on LD or AB servers.

*  Have fun!

Good Hunting

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

The option to send tells from trial accounts was removed to prevent gold sellers to abuse those trials for advertising their gold selling services.
    ;)

• LissLiss Member Posts: 48

OK, smart then on the no-tells thing. So if i want to switch to the full game before the trial ends can i do that? And i get to keep my char right? Im pretty stoked about this game. 

Tried to go back to EQ, tried Vanguard, tried AoC, but for some reason i never tried EQ2. weird. 

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Yes, you keep your account, and your character goes with your account.

EQ 2, though not perfect, is probably the best game out there on the market today. There is alot of content, and alot of things to do in the game, so don't be surprised when you can't see/do it all with just one character.

Sometimes there really are advantages to older, more developed games.

• Smilex0311Smilex0311 Member Posts: 207

I have to admit EQ2 was my first MMO experience and it has been my most favorite and enjoyable of all MMOs i have played yet.  I dont know why, but I really like EQ's lore, races, and classes.

But, after 3 years of playing I had to move on... even though i stop by now and then to see whats new .. i think i grew out of it or something.

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863
    Originally posted by Shoal

Just fyi,
    *  The no-chat is there to keep the Gold Spammers in check.  We are all really happy it is there.
    *  I recommend that you start in Timorous Deep.  The loot there is just orders of magnitude better, all the way to level 20.
    *  If you have any inclination to RP, you will want to be on LD or AB servers.
    *  Have fun!
    Good Hunting

Its a shame only a few races can actually start in TD. New players won't enjoy making the long dangerous  trip there, depending where they start. I made a Froggy and let me tell u it was a pain to get to TD as a level 6 frog Illusionist from Quenos, lol.  I didn't die though, but thats only because i know and understand the dangers with running through hostile level 20+ areas. I think all races can choose to be good, neutral, or evil. And they all should be allowed to start in TD.

Your right, the loot there is insane and the leveling process is much faster than any other starting area.. The next best place is probably Neriak, then Kelethin, as they are the next newest starting areas.

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• LissLiss Member Posts: 48

I think im gonna stick with my Iksar Dirge. Started in Neriak so he should be fine. At what lvl do i actually get to Neriak? Im like lvl 9 and i assume im somewhere near it. I got a lot of quests to do and assume it will be a few lvls before im even required to go into the great Capital. Which is fine with me, more content=more fun.

Oh and is EQ2 Neriak at all similar to EQ1 Neriak? If so thats freakin awesome. If not i kind of understand.

• luckdragonluckdragon Member UncommonPosts: 34

Go to Neriak when you hit level 10. It's just across the big bridge that spans the chasm.

In there, you can get your character's house, start crafting, access the broker, and do a few quests. Running around will also get you some discovery XP and AA.

As to whether EQ2 Neriak is better than EQ1, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

You can go to Neriak at any level, there are a few quests there that are very doable at low levels. If you want to check out the crafting game, you have to go to Neriak anyway, as it is the closest.

Enjoy the game!

user