Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Runescape Graphics to come July 2008!

ZaelklasZaelklas Member Posts: 25

jagex has recently been working on improving Runescape's graphics for a while now, and now they've decided to update the whole game's graphics into a new look.

Yes of course Runescape will STILL suck because of the horrible gameplay, and mega grindfest, but hey - At least they're working better graphics than the original!

Here are a few of the screenshots -

In case the images aren't showing up - Here are the links to the images instead -

www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/lighting_thumb.jpg

www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/water_thumb.jpg

www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/lumbridge_thumb.jpg

www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/screenshot_thumb.jpg

www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/textures_thumb.jpg

www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/flag_shadows_thumb.jpg

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Jagex:  The master company in ignoring the true problems of RS.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Anyone else having trouble seeing the pics.  They aren't loadig for me.

• ZaelklasZaelklas Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Terranah

Anyone else having trouble seeing the pics.  They aren't loadig for me.

Sorry about that, re-posted them with links to images as well, incase they are still somehow not showing up.

Hopefully you should be able to see them now.

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

As was stated earlier, Jagex is only updating its graphics to cover over the mistakes they made with their downdates and to keep players from noticing the real problems with Runescape. Summoning was basically the same thing. Just a diversion so that players would not focus on the way Jages completely screwed up.

From what I have seen and heard, Summoning was a poor excuse of a skill. It was obvious they rushed it just to distract players from the real problems. I have a feeling these new graphics will also be rushed and not up to the same quality of other games.

• ZaelklasZaelklas Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Matt269

As was stated earlier, Jagex is only updating its graphics to cover over the mistakes they made with their downdates and to keep players from noticing the real problems with Runescape. Summoning was basically the same thing. Just a diversion so that players would not focus on the way Jages completely screwed up.
    From what I have seen and heard, Summoning was a poor excuse of a skill. It was obvious they rushed it just to distract players from the real problems. I have a feel these new graphics will also be rushed and not up to the same quality of other games.

I do agree completely

But the thing that has really disappointed me with Runescape is -

*Chat filters have become more strict

*No more drop trading high quality items

*The regular trade and this 3,000 coin worth thing

*And the lack of Member features now. Free players are starting to get Team capes, Grand exchange, Easier ways to make money, More minigames such as the Fist of Guthix, and much more. Which is making it pointless to subscribe to members nowadays.

• SkinnyUndeadSkinnyUndead Member Posts: 4

From what I have seen and heard, Summoning was a poor excuse of a skill. It was obvious they rushed it just to distract players from the real problems. I have a feeling these new graphics will also be rushed and not up to the same quality of other games.

Oh, wow, what made you come to that conclusion? The fact it's on a browser?

DF. Mortal. Spellborn.
    The hope for the future of MMOs.

Originally posted by SkinnyUndead

The fact that it's on a browser is no excuse for poor graphics and rushed low-quality updates. There are plenty of other games on a browser that have considerably better graphics.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

The fact that it's on a browser is no excuse for poor graphics and rushed low-quality updates. There are plenty of other games on a browser that have considerably better graphics.

names?

?

• Ultradude111Ultradude111 Member Posts: 22

Hey! I just found this....

Apparently Jagex is calling these new graphics "Runescape 3", and will be showing them off at E3.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/883/883931p1.html

Originally posted by AkaJetson

names?

Monster's Den and Dungen Defender to name a few.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

We have said this for awhile.  I don't give a crap that it is only on browser.  It is more successful than a lot of games out there, and it will be compared to other games out there.  RS deserves no slack because it is on browser, and it will be compared to other games, wether you like it or not. 

• SkinnyUndeadSkinnyUndead Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by AkaJetson

names?

Monster's Den and Dungen Defender to name a few.

Both are 2d, both aren't mmos.

DF. Mortal. Spellborn.
    The hope for the future of MMOs.

• KivotKivot Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Zaelklas

jagex has recently been working on improving Runescape's graphics for a while now, and now they've decided to update the whole game's graphics into a new look.
    Yes of course Runescape will STILL suck because of the horrible gameplay, and mega grindfest, but hey - At least they're working better graphics than the original!

Here are a few of the screenshots -

In case the images aren't showing up - Here are the links to the images instead -
    www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/lighting_thumb.jpg
    www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/water_thumb.jpg
    www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/lumbridge_thumb.jpg
    www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/screenshot_thumb.jpg
    www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/textures_thumb.jpg
    www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/flag_shadows_thumb.jpg

Pretty impressive... But the game is still probably gonna suck.