Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Open Beta Game, you've tested.

12346»

Comments

• mintormintor Member Posts: 61

eve online 

• OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

Helbreath Internatiol open beta...

Lasted nearly 3 years, before HB USA was opened.

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

• traquenatraquena Member Posts: 298

Wydglobal..... and recently Neosteam and currently playing

• uncusuncus Member UncommonPosts: 528

LOTRO hands down - the open beta was as good as the release - no lag, no game-breaking bugs, ran fine on a mid-range PC.  Best release I've seen in the last 10 years.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

For me it was Lineage I.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • SweBlackbirdSweBlackbird Member UncommonPosts: 64

Well, I don't really know becuase there a lot of them but I can say Yume Sekai is the best open beta but the language is on Japanese,. ^^

• kaskuskaskus Member Posts: 105

neosteam was really good

• HotLineHotLine Member Posts: 113

i have found neosteam in japanese web pages (can't really recall where is that) and from that, i learned that it is a big hit in china and taiwan too so i got curious of what does this game look like and i finally found out myself when i played the NeoSteam CBT 1. well from the very start that i play, found some bugs and it's a bit laggy. well some scripts are not yet fully translated and it made me confused quite a bit. well i pretty love the gameplay and the scenarios. the raid events are fun and GMs join the raid. GMs are fun and they can be easily approach. they give us some premium items and mounts that we can use travelling. i really love the phoenix rider because of it's cool appearance. they even have santa rider but christmas is too far away. went through CBT2 too and now the game is in its OB and i really notice the improvement of the game. at CBT it's point and click movement but now they somehow improvise wasd movement. well got to expect more alot from this game specially when the developers are really listening to players' suggestions.

• monkeyrosemonkeyrose Member Posts: 5

My first beta game I played was IRose. It was really my first MMO and my friends and family eventually joined the mix. Rose Online eventually became p2p and after several nerfs (or updates) lost me.

I recently played Dream Of Mirror Online (Domo.areiagames.com) for Closed and then Open Beta. Its another Free 2 play game that uses an item mall to fund itself. Its a great game, cute anime cell shaded style graphics, the ability to combine jobs (main job, and sub jobs) for fun and unique skill combinations.

What I really like is that you character isn't tied to one class or job. If  that job was nerfed, you switch jobs. Your online friends, name, etc stays the same. Crafting (Alchemy as its called) is nice as anyone can do that, its part of the commoner skill set.