Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light: Interview @ GameRifts

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

GameRifts writer Tiffany Garden interviews lead designer, Stephane Quilichini from NPCube on their upcoming title Dark and Light, which has been rather silent since the E3Expo.  Here is an excerpt from the interview:

Will character advancement be level based, skill based, or a combination of both?

It really is a mix of the two. Our singularity is having two real separates axis of level, the FXP (Fighting eXperience Points) and the SXP (Social eXperience Points) in lieu and place of the classical XP of level based game. And also at a certain level appears some Skills of research witch are equivalent to a system of "skill based" as you need a minimum skill level to start, then no more skill points are necessary, but a search based on more /less complex quests to acquire abilities. We believe DnL has its own identity on the development of the gamer, the return seams favourable we are awaiting for the real tests to fine tune if needed.

You can read the full interview at this link.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489
    I like what i read only thing i got to do is upgrade my computer (graphics card and memory) the rest is fine. When I read this I can't wait to play this game and just hope it will be good.

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• WotannWotann Member Posts: 294
    Very good and informative interview. Thank you. image

Nemo sine vitio est

Nemo sine vitio est

• cringecringe Member Posts: 1

Nice interview. I think i should double my proc for that game... but maybe it's still enough. RAM is affordable and my graphics card is a good ATI 9200. I hope that will make the game run smooth.

Anyway: GET ME INTO BETA! ::::01::