Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting anew...

MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

Well I've come back to WoW with open arms again, from Age of Conan. 

Question is, my girlfriend and I are going to roll new characters and level together.  She's going to be a mage and I'm either wanting to roll a Warrior or a Paladin.  We tend to mainly do PvE contents, but like to do some BG's.  Never done arena, so not worried about it atm. 

I want to be able to tank, that's for sure.  I want to tank good and have no problems.  So what would be best for me...Warrior or Paladin. 

Thanks in advance

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

Comments

• AzalakAzalak Member Posts: 25

Warrior, but thats just me, They are better tanks unless you want to be a paladin, you can heal dps, tank, and of course bubble hearth ^_^

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780

Before I left the game last month for AoC, this question was a big toss up in the game. Either or will work, you just need to pick the one you enjoy the most.

They both have their advantages in different situations, sometimes the Pally is better and other times the Warrior is better. I know this really doesnt answer your question but honestly it comes down to which you prefer.

I was a Warrior and my friend was a Pally, together we kicked ass but there were times he was the better tank and others I was better. If you like the ability to heal while tanking the pally is the way to go, otherwise carry potions as a Warrior.

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I'd suggest being a pally, cause with your GF being a mage, she's gonna pull aggro from you alot, and you'll need/want to heal her.  As a warrior you won't be able to save her!  Or go Shaman...so much better than a pally, hold there own in everything, and heal extremely well!

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

If your only choice is warrior or paladin, go pali. If you'll always be grouping together, the Paladin has advantages over a warrior. Healing, as mentioned before, but more importantly you can buff both of you and cure disease, decurse, etc... if you spec into the prot tree you can tank all the mobs while you gf nukes them down. At higher levels you can AoE grind better as you will be able to grab 5 or 6 mobs and hold them while both you and her AoE all at once.

Pali's are frustrating to solo with as prot as it takes ages to kill stuff but grouped they are great. I only got mine to level 62 it was taking too long and just wasn't fun on my own.  You may also want to consider druid as they make great tanks/dps/healers.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

I would say warrior because once you hit 70 there are always groups looking for a tank, not saying paladins are wanted but at 70 people usually want a paladin to heal if they can get a warrior and cant get a priest.