Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So here we go again!

Hoobley_deletedHoobley_deleted Member Posts: 677

I've done the trial a couple of times in the past and I even bought the game once, but I can't for the life of me remember the account details or the email it was connected to, I couldn't have had it active for more than two months I don't think.

Anyway, besides the point I'm back for another shot at this one, I always feel that I want to like EVE and I think deep down I do, but I tend to get a bit lost and it's usually at around the same point in time... Around when I start to get the next hardest missions (tier 2 missions? I forget the exact term)... I'm not sure why, but let's see how it goes!

Wish me luck!

Comments

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Good luck :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Welcome back!

Don't be afraid to ask for help/advice.  Either in game, or here... or both...

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• kalukalu Member Posts: 70

Dude thats exactly what happens for me! I get to the teir 2 missions and keep dieing / having to warp and run away. And i get bored and confused / frustrated. I feel your pain.

But there is something about EVE that makes me come back time and time again.

I think all i need is a good corp that uses Vent that can assist me in my massive learning curve.

loved planetside, playing EVE

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

1:  For level 2 missions use a destroyer or, preferably, a cruiser.  You CAN do them in a well fitted frigate but it's much easier in a cruiser.

2:  If you have questions post them, if you need advice, please ask.  Many of us here are glad to help newer pilots out with the game.

3:  Have fun!!!!!  EVE is all about having fun :)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• DrafellDrafell Member Posts: 588

Funnily enough, that is about the same time that I get bored with playing EvE and doing what seems to be repetitive ratting, missions and mining.

• Hoobley_deletedHoobley_deleted Member Posts: 677
    Originally posted by Drafell

Funnily enough, that is about the same time that I get bored with playing EvE and doing what seems to be repetitive ratting, missions and mining.

I don't think it's an uncommon phase for people to 'get stuck' at.

By this stage you have quite a good understanding of the game and it feels to me that if I could get over this hurdle the 'real game' is just there, but currently just out of reach....

Thanks for the well wishes.

• SidJamesSidJames Member UncommonPosts: 66

good luck, have you considered doing factional Warefare instead of just missions though? that way you could do both the pve and the pvp side of the game, just gotta get your standings up to 0.5 train a few skills and get a little isk in the bank for a few t1 frigs then you should be good to go?

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Originally posted by Hoobley

I've done the trial a couple of times in the past and I even bought the game once, but I can't for the life of me remember the account details or the email it was connected to, I couldn't have had it active for more than two months I don't think.

Anyway, besides the point I'm back for another shot at this one, I always feel that I want to like EVE and I think deep down I do, but I tend to get a bit lost and it's usually at around the same point in time... Around when I start to get the next hardest missions (tier 2 missions? I forget the exact term)... I'm not sure why, but let's see how it goes!

Wish me luck!

Your attitude towards Eve is very similar to mine I think. I tried the trial about 18 months ago and upgraded, but didn't last a month. I found it too claustrophobic and... empty. Yeah, it's all in space I know. It feels more like a management game than MMO. But, like you, I feel I do like the game - the mechanics of it, the depth.

Btw, I don't think my character still exists. They must delete them, which isn't that usual for an MMO is it?

Have you tried Anarchy Online? I've got into that this week. It has some of the depth of Eve, but it's not as... dry. It takes a few hours to get into it though.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Btw, I don't think my character still exists. They must delete them, which isn't that usual for an MMO is it?

Eve isn't your usual Mmo.

No characters have ever been deleted.