Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's so great about this game ?

ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Some peole rave about how fun this game has been for them. Those who feel this way.....please tell all of us why this game can be so fun. Thanks.

Yes..I know its all about realm vs realm fighting...but we need  details.

Comments

• xxschlitzxxxxschlitzxx Member Posts: 11

The greatest thing about this game is the pvp system.  The pvp requires is very much hands on (meaning it plays more like an action video game then a point and click rpg. ) In most mmorpgs the best pvp chars are just the ones with the most gear or best weapons. Not so in ko, you have to create your own combo skills,dodge, run away, and chase.  I have 4 years exp on this game and have dl many games said to have similar pvp.  None of which are even close.   ko simply best pvp system i have ever seen.

• thejudge1thejudge1 Member Posts: 25

Well, back when I was 16 this was the first MMO I played. I had no MMO experience, that's why I thought it was great. If I go back now, I'd probably quit after 1 minute.

• xxschlitzxxxxschlitzxx Member Posts: 11

I would agree that this game is simple in content and isnt the greatest mmo out but pvp is hands down the best.  People who dont like their pvp are also the ones who have tried console games online and constantly get there arse kicked.  I'm really looking forward to aoc, that may be the only other game that truly requires skill from the player for their pvp system.

• GerryStyleZzGerryStyleZz Member Posts: 3
    this game make so much fun for me, becouse i need an clan that works for everyone, the pvp system is the best i'v ever seen, and you realy need skillz to be the top in this game, its not an "1 month to best lvl" game. you realy need work there for everything and if you have done all you can and you are one of the top, than you know that you did something and how much respect you got there.

go on youtube and look pvp movies and you will see what is war!
  • mike43978mike43978 Member Posts: 12

So everyone wants to know whats so great about this game?  I have played the good mmorpgs.... WoW, runescape,guildwars,conqueronline.  We'll start from the back, conquer online - good for those anime ppl i only played for about a month it was just ok nver really got into it. guildwars- loveable for those who hate lvling, funner pvp than WoW and can be really awesome if you have a guild that does gvg's, guild vs. guild.  runescape- game for kids under 15 it was the first mmo i played and i thought it was so fun at the time cutting down trees in the tutoiral lol, the pking (pvp) is lame compared to modern day games, its like eat as much shark as u can and teleport away. World of warcraft- very big game, decent lvling experience, the pvp is very boring in my opinion.  may as well make a 19 twink than wasting ur time lvling to 70 thinking ur getting better pvp when ur really not, trust me i have played this game alot, have lvl 70 lock full season 3 gear and 4/5 t5 and yes i have gladiator title with mericless netherdrake, the pvp got old really quick though. then i played knight online, u can lvl to lvl 40 in 1 day without premium, the lvling was boring at the time with hardly any quests, till the ressurection of moradon where there are quests, the lvling still isnt very fun but it nver is.  u may try dcz and say hey this is fun and not got past lvl 59, but if i were u got on and get lvl 70+ because colonyzone pvp is 10X better.  its awesome, takes good skill and combo, a good party consists of a rogue assasin, 1 or 2 warriors, 2 priests (3 if your not using scrolls for buffing) and a mage, u can have a total of 8 in ur party so thats the base 6.  Heres how it goes, we'll pretend ur party isnt using scrolls( which buff ur characters hp/ac/stats) u all go into cz (colonyzone, which now its called something different like ronark land or something like that ) any way ur all there and ur buffer (priest) buffs the party.  buffs are extremelyl important in knight which make it very fun, without them u may have like idk say 2000 health points, with a lvl 70+ buffer he can buff ur health up 2000 health points and 350 ac (armor), meaning u now have 4000 health and ur ac is increased by 350 both very important.  The rogue assasin swifts everyone, again almost a must need cause it increases everyones run speed. he also does a wolf ( increases attack power) cycle and does it every 2 minutes (lasts 2 mins obviously).  Then probably by now the mage has already headed out towards the orc base( we're elmorad(humans) in this case ) and ppl ask for tp (teleport) and he teleports the whole party to him.  the other 2 priests not buffers, 1 is a full party healer, the other is a debuffer (both self explanitory) so everyones heading towards the orc base and runs into a party of idk 10 not so organized orcs probably some lvl 60s-75s.  both of ur warriors clash a target with there repeated attack such as sword dancing, the debuffer debuffs the apponents and healer keeps everyones health up, the buffer cures debuffed allies in the party and rebuffs while there still fighting and both the debuffer and buffer are /heal which means there extra skill points were put into healing so they help heal. the heals consist of anywhere from 960 health heal to i think 1450, the full party healer can completely heal the whole party and also has a party heal of 960, the mage unleashes his aoes, (hits multiple target in area of where he puts it) and say the other mage that im throwing in the party is a ice mage he ice aoe's them and slows everyone down, the rogue assasin attacks the weaker armor classes such as mages, other rogues, and battle priests.  So its hack slash combo, pretty soon the other 12 orcs are almost all gone and then more orcs start coming but also behind u more human elmoradians are coming to help u.  Incase ur wondering wow the mana character classes must be out of mana by now, -all classes use health and mana- , potions are a huge part of knight online, mana potion and health potion, mana pot can heal up to 1920 mana and health 960, ( i know theres ones that can heal more but cant remember atm) and u can use these inbetween skills and they dont have a cool down except the time it takes to use another skills which is about 1 second. so as you can see knight takes alot more skill than wow, on wow whoever has the most resillience usually wins unless they ebayed there account lol.  If you play an mmorpg and are thinking that the pvp just isnt very good or maybe u think its decent.  Try knight online, level a character to lvl 55 try dcz ull see its pretty fun and then when u get bored of that move on past lvl 59 when u are permitted to go into ronark land ( colonyzone ) where lvl 60-80's battle it out.  its very fun pvp, if its ur first time i would probably make a rogue assasin because they the easiest to learn in my opinion even if they have the most complex fighting system with no instant repeating skill like the warrior has, they have stealth which unlike in WoW doesnt make u move slow.  u move same speed as being unstealthed, u just have to reapply every 2 mins if i remember correctly, rogues also dont use swift on themselfs they have lightfeet which moves them in faster than swift so they can escape from most other characters.  so basically there is so much to explain in words that thats not very much of it but u wanted a detailed explanation so there it is.  if you think it sounds impossible to learn based on what i wrote its very easy to learn the concept once u actually play and are in a party and learn how the game plays.  Oh and one more thing lvling is almost always done in partys ( groups )

• AvaranceAvarance Member Posts: 5

The best MMORPG PvP right now is World of Wacraft then again It's mostly arenas but they are very competitive and require a lot of skill. Of course there's the cookie cutter team composition factor but other than that It's pretty great but the game itself is pretty much dead. Age of Conan, I didn't even have to play that game to see it sucked.. I just looked at a gameplay trailer and saw you had to click to combo skills it looked awful I think I read somewhere here that AoC was the next ultimate PvP MMO I laughed hard at that one. Warhammer is the next MMORPG that everyone's going to move on to in my opinion.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Will be good when the NDA is lifted.

• Originally posted by mike43978

So everyone wants to know whats so great about this game?  I have played the good mmorpgs.... WoW, runescape,guildwars,conqueronline. 

Those are the good mmorpgs? Runescape?!?! CO??

• Metal_MMetal_M Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Avarance

The best MMORPG PvP right now is World of Wacraft then again It's mostly arenas but they are very competitive and require a lot of skill. Of course there's the cookie cutter team composition factor but other than that It's pretty great but the game itself is pretty much dead. Age of Conan, I didn't even have to play that game to see it sucked.. I just looked at a gameplay trailer and saw you had to click to combo skills it looked awful I think I read somewhere here that AoC was the next ultimate PvP MMO I laughed hard at that one. Warhammer is the next MMORPG that everyone's going to move on to in my opinion.

There is no "pvp" in pvp lol...... some of us coud say it is a carebear pvp system.

Games played: Owerall ower 500+
    MMORPG's played: SWG, ALL GW, WOW, L2, EVE, etc...

• LirananLiranan Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by Avarance

PVP in WOW is the worst PVP system I have ever seen. KO has a fantastic PVP system and is wonderful to play. The major problem with KO is that K2 don't care about the players. The game is full of macroers and dupers (not even farmers) and the GM's are corrupt.

I left the game a long time ago and would not go back to it. It was a great game and I still think back to all the great memories but K2 is a horrible company and they deserve to be shut down.

• CroixeCroixe Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by colenorm

Originally posted by mike43978

So everyone wants to know whats so great about this game?  I have played the good mmorpgs.... WoW, runescape,guildwars,conqueronline. 

Those are the good mmorpgs? Runescape?!?! CO??

I think mike43978 included them as browser-based games also count as mmorpgs. About them being good, I must admit, I did try runescape and got addicted into membership for awhile.

This game I'm still trying to figure out, hence, opened this thread. Lets get back on topic.

Any more reasons (as the threadstarter requested) and for the benefit of players scouting for good games, that this should be in consideration?