Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A lot of the people in the stress test kinda make me worry...

When the servers are down i of course go to the Worldofwarcraft.com boards for answers. I see so many posts of people whining and begging Blizzard to let them keep playing. It just makes me angry to see such selfish people who signed up knowing it was for only 7 days and that it was a stress test. But really what they think they signed up for was Blizzard letting them play the game to see what it is like. I understand they want to keep playing because the game is just amazing but its just selfish. I see people complain because the servers are down... Its a stress test! Im glad they are getting the problems fixed and taking thier time, but all these other people just want to keep playing and dont care if it is fixed or not.

Not only that, these people have no manners and it makes me think none of them have ever played an MMO in thier life, and if they have they were the kind of players that just did stupid stuff and made the game worse for everyone else. For instance, i saw a thread by a beta tester (not a stress tester) telling the stress testers that they shouldnt be acting like Blizzard should be kissing thier feet. A stress tester replied telling the beta tester he obviously doesnt know what he is talking about because his character on the stress test is higher than his on beta. They have lost thier damn minds.

I have noticed though, that there are at least some people who can be mature enough to understand that this is just a stress test. And i don't fear posting this here because most of you guys are the players i respect.

Thats just what i see and i wanted to get it off my chest.

Playing: Vanguard SoH
Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

Comments

• Sk8andgamesSk8andgames Member Posts: 270

let me c if i can shed some light...

this was a free test correct? (btw i like the game but i dont think its worth leaving planetside for...not just yet anyway...)...well....FREE would b the word here. in otherwords most of those people wont b playing the game cuz of the fee. every1 on those same forums is also crying about paying 4 the game.

dont worry, the game wont b free 4 long and those peopel wont b playing. if they do well then i guess theres not much that can b done.

no manners? have u played on bnet be4? THOSE people have no manners. wihle i under stand that alot of people on the game right now arent who ud wanna play with, im pretty sure (as stated above) that they wont b playing.

as 4 the people whining about it...plz...most of ya wont play anyway, and when it says 7 day test it means 7 DAY TEST.image

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

Originally posted by Sk8andgames
    let me c if i can shed some light...
    this was a free test correct? (btw i like the game but i dont think its worth leaving planetside for...not just yet anyway...)...well....FREE would b the word here. in otherwords most of those people wont b playing the game cuz of the fee. every1 on those same forums is also crying about paying 4 the game.
    dont worry, the game wont b free 4 long and those peopel wont b playing. if they do well then i guess theres not much that can b done.
    no manners? have u played on bnet be4? THOSE people have no manners. wihle i under stand that alot of people on the game right now arent who ud wanna play with, im pretty sure (as stated above) that they wont b playing.
    as 4 the people whining about it...plz...most of ya wont play anyway, and when it says 7 day test it means 7 DAY TEST.imageimage

I agree, but there are some of these kids who WILL get a hold of a credit card and even though there will hopefully not be a lot of them when the game comes out there will still be more than any other game.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Originally posted by MegaWolf

When the servers are down i of course go to the Worldofwarcraft.com boards for answers. I see so many posts of people whining and begging Blizzard to let them keep playing. It just makes me angry to see such selfish people who signed up knowing it was for only 7 days and that it was a stress test. But really what they think they signed up for was Blizzard letting them play the game to see what it is like. I understand they want to keep playing because the game is just amazing but its just selfish. I see people complain because the servers are down... Its a stress test! Im glad they are getting the problems fixed and taking thier time, but all these other people just want to keep playing and dont care if it is fixed or not.

Not only that, these people have no manners and it makes me think none of them have ever played an MMO in thier life, and if they have they were the kind of players that just did stupid stuff and made the game worse for everyone else. For instance, i saw a thread by a beta tester (not a stress tester) telling the stress testers that they shouldnt be acting like Blizzard should be kissing thier feet. A stress tester replied telling the beta tester he obviously doesnt know what he is talking about because his character on the stress test is higher than his on beta. They have lost thier damn minds.

I have noticed though, that there are at least some people who can be mature enough to understand that this is just a stress test. And i don't fear posting this here because most of you guys are the players i respect.
    Thats just what i see and i wanted to get it off my chest.

Not trying to knock you in anyway but may I ask you if you have ever played a Blizzard title before?

If you have you will know that you can come to expect this type of behavior from people that play Blizzard games.. Its just something that you have to get used to... LOL you ought to see Battle net  over at D2 its just insane..  Cant tell you how many times I would create a 99 barb duels game and then 5 mins later a lvl 2 billion zon would come in and GA us all in 1 shot. Then that same person would Body guard us, all the time telling us how gimpy we were with all types of colorful words....Had  simular experiences in Starcraft and Diablo 1.

My only hope for this game is that they will keep the hackers out. I can deal with the attitudes of the people but if its hacker/exploiter  friendly like almost ever other Blizzard game, I'll pass.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• Sk8andgamesSk8andgames Member Posts: 270

Blizzards games attract 2 types of people...us and the people you saw on the blizzard forums. the people you c on the blizzard forums r prolly forgetting something..."OMG THERES A *insert doller amount here* FEE WTF??? image"

yeah dumbcraps theres a fee...my brother always says that the fees will keep those people out, and if they get there hands on a credit card...fine...ok....not long till some1 figures out. blizzard still hasnt anounced the fee and theres alrdy people crying about it saying "ban the fee!!!!!"image

something else kinda bothers me though....what IF alot of those people get in game...is blizzard gonna do anything about it? some how i dont think so (knowing from past history of blizzard games) but i guess we will c in a few months...BTW hows the stress test it wasnt running on my computer so i had to delete it? i played 4 like 2 hours one night, game reminds me alot of EQ. controls r nice, graphics r real cool, and the charecters look really detailed and the gameplay is similer to EQ but with alot of add ons that make it diffrent. this game will b good regardless of community...just pray blizz weeds the bad people out.

• DarkestHour5DarkestHour5 Member Posts: 43

i've played Battle.net for over 4 years playing the game DiabloII i've played both open and close realms....people on that game are all sheep one person says or does one thing the next thing you know they all are...its just sad all you will hear from those idiots is "y so sux" "sux more pls k thx" "y so pwnt? cry more pls" and so on its people like that who are just pitiful........cause their the ones who think that their hardcore for owning the "leets" and their the same ones claiming their better than you......but they are the ones who have no friends.........no life......just a pack of losers.....also no one on battle.net has "manners" half the people on their are PKr's now alot of you hear pkr and think oo pvp.....no pkr on d2 is when some one will hostile you and attack you for no good reason when your doing a quest to fuck you over so they can laugh...open battle.net = nothing but hacks...when i first played bnet i played open started editing chars and such yeah...but seemed so damn gay so went to clsoed and than ppl started with the "ITHS" and bugged items on closed which pissed me off i mean open is fucked as it is so if your going to hack go to open not to closed.......but no one gives a shit about other people gameplay its all about how they can get "leet" i mean yeah most of those kdis off bnet wont play WoW just cause its a fee monthly but some will and thats scary....cause its asshole like that which ruin a game.....

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

I played D2 for a long period of time before i even heard the word MMO but i still never acted that way. Oh well, maybe with this game the Blizzard Fanbase wil change. We'll just have to see in the future.

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674

I haven't posted but a couple of times on the Stress Test board. I did see the Beta Tester thread started by someone saying "there is no reason for the Stress Testers to need a board. They don't have the time to find something we haven't".

I don't worry about such things. I have submitted some bugs I have found. The main thing that I have to say is I would like it to last longer. BUT what I mean by that is that I would be satisfied if after the week they shut the Stress servers down for a week and did some changes and had us go at it again. The stress tests have really do some stressing. The crashes don't bother me because I know that is what we are suppose to be doing.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I agree with you Wolf.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• heinrichoheinricho Member Posts: 252

"They don't have the time to find something we haven't".

That is wrong simply because they let 100,000 play on the stress test, are there 100,000 beta testers?  There's whiners in both sides of the forums.  But I was disgusted when I got on the Stress Test forums and it looked like it had been hijacked by kids, thousands of them.  I only check a thread I started and that's it, other than that, I stay away and /suggest and /bug all I can ingame.  I've met only one jerky plyer the whole time I've been playing and I was in the beginner area and he got his tauren but stuck in a tent made for goblins!  dumb...