Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impressions of AI

AprillyAprilly Member UncommonPosts: 124

I realize that the AI expansion has just come out but I thought I would give my initial impressions.

The new GUI seems to be very good.  I like the fact that when you finish looting something the window goes away on its own.  The graphics in the GUI seem easier on the eye.  Also the overall graphics seem to have been touched up a bit.  I also like the crafting window.  Finally you can seen if the item you found can be used to make something.

The new setup for the experience and health bars is a plus.  I like the way the Alien perks are done also. (Have not seen an Alien yet).

Not being in a guild I cant comment on the player cities yet.  RK was very empty last night.  I guess most people were off building their cities.

Some players (myself included) were hoping that there would be more activity in RK when AI came out.  But now that I think about it if probably will not happen.  I imagine everyone will stay in their player city and hope for an Alien attack.

The AI expansion will make guilds more important than ever so it seems we had better pick a good guild to join. 

I have been in some bad guilds in other games. 

Overall I like the changes but I do worry that some guild leaders may take advantage of their new found power.

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.

Comments

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Cool that looks like some good changes... I have a few questions if you have the time though

1. How is the PVP looking now in the game? Have you or do you think it will increase with AI?

2. Have you seen an increase in the population in the game? (this one might be better if answered a few days from now) but still when expansions come out usually there is a increase in pop instantly or a few days before.

If you could answer these when ever you get time I would appreciate it... Im sitting on the fence again about comming back.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• AprillyAprilly Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Well I am no expert in PVP but I dont see any changes there.  I am sure there will be a bump in population. However as I said in my first post I think RK will be even less populated now.  One effect of AI, now that I think about it, will be to fragment the players even more.  The Casual player really got  no real advantages from AI.  The Guildies will stay in their player cities,  those not in a guild wheather by choice or not will  be pretty much left out. 

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Arf, this doesnt sound good for the game. I used to play it... alot. As far as I understood the players ingame (and my RL friends), they hoped for more activity on RK, and that they really looked forward for that with AI expansion (since most disliked Shadowlands alot, me included).

If RK gets more desolate, it surely get less newbie friendly.

AI, a nail in the coffin for AO...?

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Pretty much a nail, yes. Instead of bringing people together, AI is splitting the community apart. People will not meet anymore, just join a guild and move out to the guild town. and sit there. I have always liked AO  a lot. Always been the game I have returned to after trying some new thing for a month. But this expansion... No, I do not think it will last past christmas now.

Only game I wait for right now: Imperator.
    Go Mythic!

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• leexxleexx Member UncommonPosts: 22

I'm kinda disapointed, all we do is sit in city and hope for an attack... I like the new quests and the tradeskill stuff, but wish there would be some more....action. Like a dungeon/more random attacks/etc

But that's just my opinion....