Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

White Lion

AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

I'm without a doubt going to be playing the White Lion, but I'd like to get a few opinions on a build first (I know its still somewhat early to decide). The White Lion is a dps class that has a pet, a white lion (go figure)

The White Lion has three builds that I will sum up.

1. The Player and the pet are equal and go into battle striking multiple foes at once.

2. The Player draws all of the attention to himself and the lion bits them in the back.

3. The Lion draws all of the attention to itself, and the players buts the foes head off.

I personally think #1 would be the best, simply because #2 makes your pet somewhat useless (I don't believe this class is meant to be a tank), and #3 makes you a complete failure without your pet. I want both of us to be able to fight well, but work together.

What build do you think would be the best and why? I want you to base it on your own opinions and not what I'm looking for.

Comments

• Jaga-TAOJaga-TAO Member Posts: 176

I too have debated playing this class, being the head of a guild it would be a striking scene to have a pet like this.  But from what I know of all prior fantasy MMOGs, the stronger builds (DPS-wise) typically focus the power inside the character, and not into ancillary things like pets.

Since there will be a tight reign on things like mezzing and stunning, keeping someone off your back will be difficult if you don't have a tightly integrated team that can use collision detection to your benefit.  Because of that, you can more easily direct your power if it is "bundled" into your character, with less emphasis on the pet.

I am sure all three will be viable paths for the White Lion, and I may end up playing a melee class for the first time in 15 years of MMOGing because of them.  But I would still suggest that the player "keep the power" and use the pet as support, for the best control of their ability and power.

• jaycee2006jaycee2006 Member Posts: 466

Go with the one that suits your playstyle the most.

• _Shadowmage_Shadowmage Member Posts: 1,459

The one ability of the lion I have read about is it knocking the enemy into the air to land at the feet of the white lion.

Hopefully this can be used against people that hide at the back casting spells.