Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So mounts at lvl 30....

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

so they are making the game easier again

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

And what would be the point of making the game harder?

Pissing people off for no reason? Alienating new players? Making sure your game fades in to obscurity?

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186
    Originally posted by colenorm

Sure, why not?

You need something to keep the 9 year olds busy.
    This is yet another reason I will never play WoW again.  The constant dumbing down of a once above-average game. :P (IMO)

Oh I absolutely agree. We're not alone, btw.  Where it isn't easy-mode, it is an incredibly long and boring grind. I just can't begin to imagine going back to WoW. I would actually consider despite the issue with my account, by my god there isn't a damn thing to go back to now. The issue was a blessing in disguise.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Pissing people off for no reason? Alienating new players? Making sure your game fades in to obscurity?

Making it harder? They could have just left this alone, I don't recall a mass plea for lvl 30 mounts in the first place. As far as alienating new players, trust me, this is probably one of THE most hostile games towards new players. It has been for a long time now.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684

Well, the way I see it is, they are raising the cap up to 80, and they more people to experience that.

They do sometimes do work on the old Azeroth, but not too much. Mostly to speed the leveling to the content they want people to enjoy.

Which is cool, they want all their players to see everything, and it makes them money.

Should be a win-win situation, really.

I don't have a problem with it. It just means I get a mount faster on my alts.

Groovy.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

I don't really see how changing the mounts to be available at lvl 30 instead of 40 really makes the game any easier.  It makes it a little less time consuming getting from quest to quest from 30-40, but that's it.  It's not like you spend a ton of time doing that now.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

I'm not sure why anyone would be upset over this....

First, it doesn't even affect the vast majority of players.  I mean, half of the flamers here said that the game was "easy to level in" already...which would mean practically everyone is already well past the point where getting a mount is even in their minds.  Second, the ones it DOES help are the new players coming in who will want to experience the things that the aforementioned majority is doing. 

Lastly, BC isn't going to "die" per se.  It is still the only intelligent way to level into WoTK AND it will have some very simple ways to get decent gear along the way.  BT will die...as do all major raids as a game progresses.  The kicker here, though, is that raiding (by design) kills its own dungeons naturally.  Even without WoTK, they would HAVE to add new raids and new tiers of gear to supply the raiding player with something to do.  Do you honestly think that those players are going back to those older dungeons for kicks?  No, of course not. 

Either way you look at it...the new player wasn't going to get into that scene.  Tiered raiding is like that, and it always has been.  What WoTK WILL do is reset the playing field across the board.  Think of it like this....the raiders get their new "tier", and at the same time provide it in such a way as to allow the new players (or old ones that didn't get onto the treadmill before the hardcore devoured its early content) a chance to get in on it.

I swear, sometimes I think most people around here are barely able to think.  If you hate the treadmill system, then that is fine.  I hate that system as well.  But, I'm also not going to claim that Blizzards expansions do anything but HELP.   Only people truly blinded by their own elitism and stupidity would think so.  For every raider (not that I think YOU guys here are these people, I'm referring to things I would hear on the WoW boards when I played) I hear cry about expansion...I see another person who was just too dumb to realize that the very same thing was already happening each time they opened a new tier of raiding.

• jmd10222jmd10222 Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by Thrift

There making the game easier for pre BC because when the expansion comes out there will be very few people 1-60

exactly.

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

The people who equate getting a mount 10 levels earlier to making things "easier" or "dumbing down" the game scare me, they really do, I'm being completely serious.  I hope that they don't operate heavy machinery.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by namelessbob

Should be able to get a mount at 20 if you have another character already max level. Then epic mount at 40. Flying mount at 60 (Since outlands will be outdated with WoTLK), and whatever next thing they decide (Submarines at 80? heh).

I completely support this.

Leveling from 30 to 40 is one of the lowest points in WoW. You start getting quests all over the world and you have to walk everywhere.

The one and only balance issue here is the level 39 BG twink bracket. And well, they can suck it.

You used to be able to have mounts in the 39 twink bracket if you got rank 11 or something. They once removed it due to it being imbalanced for the people who couldn't reach it. If anything it will just be what WoW wanted to do 2 years ago.

• HornyHorny Member Posts: 45

Curious... Why would they do it now? It was requested so long ago.

Besides you still need 5200g to learn and buy a epic flying mount.  That old 90g price looks so cheap compared with it.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Mount#Riding_skills_and_abilities

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

I dont see how this is a bad idea, if anything its great. Running around in STV and everywhere eles was a drag if your not a druid or shaman. Im kind of scared to see what the game will be like when WoTLK comes out and how many players will be left in the 1-60 bracket.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    next wow update.

automatically start at level 70 with t6 gear....yeahhh

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

do a vanguard and give us mounts at lvl 10

on a more serious note...the grind from 40-50 was by far the longest...most dull part of the game when i played and the mount grind only made it worse.

as for mounts at 30...are they the same price?  if so i for see a whole lot of casuals getting shafted because they dont have the gold until 40+

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Death1942

as for mounts at 30...are they the same price?  if so i for see a whole lot of casuals getting shafted because they dont have the gold until 40+

www.wowwiki.com/Mounts

Level 40

Players may learn the Apprentice Riding Skill at a base cost of 90g  (subject to reputation discount). Players must also purchase a Rare ground mount for an additional 10g , which has a 60% movement speed increase.

Patch 2.4.3 will lower the price of training to 35g  and players will now be able to purchase apprentice training at level 30 instead of 40.

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

EDIT: Bah nevermind, my bad.

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by mbd1968

Originally posted by warror

Yes this is a good thing. Waiting till lvl 40 to get a mount isn't so bad for druids, shaman and hunters but for every other class traveling is just a bore pre mount.

They need to change Druid travel form to level 20 otherwise it's a pointless skill

it's very useful in eots and wsg via flag carrying

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

Originally posted by Death1942

do a vanguard and give us mounts at lvl 10

on a more serious note...the grind from 40-50 was by far the longest...most dull part of the game when i played and the mount grind only made it worse.

i hate double posting but SAYWHA?! 40 to 50 is the easiest part of the game, tanaris and un'guro it's like an hour per level =OOO

IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

guess it was different for everyone.  all my friends i played with said it was the "horror" levels.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

i dunno i have so many 60+'s that i have 1 to 70 memorized quest wise for alliance... 3 of which are Night Elves, this game is just... well needless to say i quit a while ago and this is one of the reasons why, they made it too easy - PreBC there was a challange, killing MC with the imba weak tanks and trying to get enough ppl to 60 to actually run anything.. now they dropped req exp to level and increased quest rewards.. i'm just really dissapointed but i guess i got 3 years out of it which is more then i can say for any other game (except diablo 2) but eyea.. level 30 mounts are stupid...

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297
    Originally posted by Thrift

There making the game easier for pre BC because when the expansion comes out there will be very few people 1-60

QFT

Blizzard is being shrewd here.  They know that normally when you raise the cap again on a game it can deter new players or those that just started.  They see a steeper climb to the "top" as it were.  By doing this, in addition to the faster leveling 20-60, they are encouraging new players and alt players to play.

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

What fun is a game without a challenge?

I agree with the SgtFrog guy, it's part of the reason why I quit.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

I'd agree this is generally a good thing. Less time running around, more time playing.

They should also get rid of the quests for Pala/Warlock epic mounts. Why force these classes to beg level 70s to boost them through outdated instances which no one bothers to do at 60 anyway (since the outland instances are generally more rewarding at the same level).

If my lock gets to 60 I'll probably just buy a regular epic mount, since it's easy and the riding skill will have to be trained later anyway. Which kind of makes the special mounts a bit pointless.

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Originally posted by Antipathy

I'd agree this is generally a good thing. Less time running around, more time playing.
    They should also get rid of the quests for Pala/Warlock epic mounts. Why force these classes to beg level 70s to boost them through outdated instances which no one bothers to do at 60 anyway (since the outland instances are generally more rewarding at the same level).
    If my lock gets to 60 I'll probably just buy a regular epic mount, since it's easy and the riding skill will have to be trained later anyway. Which kind of makes the special mounts a bit pointless.

The special mounts are class defining assets, I went for 18 months without a dreadsteed on my lock.

Once I hit 70 though I thought what the heck and soloed the scholomance part and then finished it with a lvl 60 lock that wasn't as lazy as me :)

I say do the quests <3 those mounts, the whole chain including dire maul will be easily soloable at lv 80.

Especially with the new knockback mechanics all the classes are gettting.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

It still takes atleast 7 days /played for a reroller to hit 70. Thats a month and a half (with no days off) for someone playing on top of a full time job. It would be a stretch if this new mount shaves off 3 hours from that. I get really sick of this whole 'wow is easy to lvl' attitude. How is 3 months exping easy? Once thats done you're then looking at atleast another month before you're full epix pre-kara. That's also per character, what if you don't like your character end-game? WoW has always kept end-game achievable and that is why it succeeded so well. The only other games that do that are GW, DDO & DaoC - all lack end-game PvE content.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL