Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions, Questions

Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

How do I re-subscribe to this game? It would seem there is no way to re-sub on the website.

I've been gone for a long while.

I haven't been subbed to a MMO in a few months (but I am playing EQ II on the vet access). Then it dawned on me how much I miss this gem.

I heard they added player-placed campfires. Is this true and, if so, how do you do it? Can you place a campfire anywhere you want?

What is the best places to solo in the PvE game? Is all the content still group oriented? Or is it now solo friendly?

Do you still play, and if so, how come?

The RvR is the best, but what I always liked about DAoC is the interesting world design and art direction. There is just something exciting about the game world.

But no matter how fun a game is, you WILL get tired of it. But I revisit the games that have re-play value - like DAoC.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

Comments

• Oh!GoDOh!GoD Member UncommonPosts: 4

You can do it when you try to log in =)

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

All that stuff is done through the login interface.  None of it is done through the site.  I actually prefer it the way camelot does it.  It just feels better to me.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Thanks for the info folks.

Could anyone answer my other questions please?

Looking forward to getting back in the fold.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by Nikoz78

How do I re-subscribe to this game? It would seem there is no way to re-sub on the website.
    I've been gone for a long while.
    I haven't been subbed to a MMO in a few months (but I am playing EQ II on the vet access). Then it dawned on me how much I miss this gem.
    I heard they added player-placed campfires. Is this true and, if so, how do you do it? Can you place a campfire anywhere you want?
    What is the best places to solo in the PvE game? Is all the content still group oriented? Or is it now solo friendly?
    Do you still play, and if so, how come?
    The RvR is the best, but what I always liked about DAoC is the interesting world design and art direction. There is just something exciting about the game world.
    But no matter how fun a game is, you WILL get tired of it. But I revisit the games that have re-play value - like DAoC.

Player placed camps if i remember correctly drop off mobs and can be used anywhere in PVE

IMO soloing in pve is best in task dungeons with the catacombs x pac.

I don t play but am re subbing soon :)

Enjoy:)

Originally posted by Leucent

Player placed camps if i remember correctly drop off mobs and can be used anywhere in PVE

So there is no way to craft or buy them, they are just random drops? If so, lets hope they drop fairly often.

EDIT: and thank you for the reply.

• CotswoldCotswold Member Posts: 70

The tinderboxes (campfires) drop often and there are always a few in the housing area for sale.  They are not nearly as useful as they used to be as the regen rates out of combat are very fast now.  They are still handy, but not something you really need before you go out XPing.

There really isn't a "best" place to solo.  Any RvR zone is a good choice because of the bonuses, but IMO the instance dungeons are the last resort for XP as the XP is less than any same level camp.  That said, you can still make very decent gold running IDs if you can stomach the extreme bordom... the painful, mindnumbing, horrid, bordom.  Also, zero drops in IDs... stick to dungeons and world-camps.

I don't play ATM.  I usually play for a few months at a time then take a break.  I would suggest checking out the classic cluster, and if you are still playing in a few months looking into the "Origins" server which is really going to be 99% RvR focused with a modified old frontier and no X-pacs... other than leaving in the races for some reason???   /shrug

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

My 2cp on soloing:  It depends on what you want to accomplish.  If your goal is greatest xp over time, then TD's and ID's are not worth the time.  If you have a group, the dungeons are quite awesome for xp, as they always have been.  Stick to regular camps in frontier zones if you can stomach the risk of getting ganked and if not, anywhere in the realm that has a good abundance of level appropriate and resistance appropriate (for your class) mobs available.  If you have a crafter that can trinket, then your options change a little.  You can farm seals or aurulite and still get okay xp and make some decent cash in the process. 

Tinderboxes are okay.  They drop very regularly off certain mobs for each level.  At 50, I generally stick to the dragonsworn in Sheeroe Hills (sp?).  Lower levels, I don't know anymore.  Tinderboxes help if you are at a static spawn and can park there, I generally stick to using them only for my druid in a group or my eld when soloing.

Originally posted by Cotswold

They are not nearly as useful as they used to be as the regen rates out of combat are very fast now. 
    So does this mean they have little role playing value? Do they only last for a certain amount of time?
    There really isn't a "best" place to solo. 
    But I will be able to solo then, and do the PvE content without a group? I ask because I know everyone is high level and/or just jumping right to 20 when they roll an alt. I intend rolling a alt and going through the levels again (not going to jump to 20) just to experience the world again.
    I don't play ATM.  I usually play for a few months at a time then take a break.  I would suggest checking out the classic cluster.
    I was on the classic cluster so I guess I'll still be there when I re-sub. I play the older MMO's off and on too, although it's been a long time since I jumped on this one.

Thanks for the reply.

Very little in the way of RP value.  They just help you regen hits and power between fights.  They do last a while, not sure the exact time.  They are useful when fighting mobs that put a beating on ya or you might have to kite... less downtime is never a bad thing ya know!!

You will have no problem soloing.  Of course some classes are better, but the game has really been changed to make it a solo PvE, group PvP game.  That said, the best XP is still getting in a group and camping some nice high purples non-stop, but soloing from 1-50 is really painless.  Also, I'm glad to see you are starting from scratch with your new toon.  I'm a PvE junkie myself so I do that with all mine.  I'm just throwing this out there as a suggestion, but if you want to explore and really "experience" DAoC you may want to try out the co-op server.  Having so many areas to explore, freedom of going into the frontiers, Darkness Falls always open and free from greifers, and all the "uber" drops are always very cheap in the housing area/consignment merchants.  If you enjoy soloing but still want to do some end-game type raids co-op is a great place.  Just a suggestion.

Originally posted by Cotswold

If you enjoy soloing but still want to do some end-game type raids co-op is a great place.  Just a suggestion.

You know, I've never considered playing on a co-op server. That would make the game world pretty damn large (not that it isn't already). Because even without the RvR this MMO is top notch on the PvE end. I think I'm going to give this a try.

The PvE-style keep raids in the frontier are a blast as well.  The pop is a bit low, but if you go to DF or the capital cities you will always run into people.  Also, I can't begin to explain how cheap the drops are on the CMs on the co-op server.  You can keep your stats capped all the way to 50 without even trying... not that you really need to worry about having "uber" gear there. 

One word of warning tho, if you get into some of the higher XP groups be ready to actually work, lol.  Some of those co-op players are hardcore when it comes to XP.  If you arn't pulling or killing you are doing something wrong!